Should DC decline the belt?

NationWideNinja

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I mean he's def the rightful champ considering that the last fight is gonna be a NC. But image wise would it be better for him if he instead decides to win the belt? Imagine him getting the belt and sitting at the desk at UFC tonight and Karyn calls him champ again. People are gonna be screaming paper champ again as the last image of him thats burned in their brain is getting brutally finished by Jon.

Now instead if during his recovery Volkan and Gus fight for the belt, DC can come back and challenge the winner and actually win the belt. With him coming with a win over a legit guy as opposed to getting finished its gonna have a different feeling to it.

This is of course ignoring any financial benefits that he might have from being champ, which might be too big to ignore.

Why should he decline it? He's the rightful champ his opponent cheated. I swear some people's stupidity amazes me.

Why should he decline it? He's the rightful champ his opponent cheated. I swear some people's stupidity amazes me.

He was the rightful champ after Jones was initially stripped, didnt matter for many people. I'm just saying if it doesnt hurt him financially, it might not be that bad of an idea.

He's always been the real champ. I think he should just retire with it. People will remember him as the real champ and Jones as the paper one

No, he should accept it.

Let the people who want to call him paper champ call him a paper champ so we can easily identify who is ACTUALLY retarded. It's like wearing a Trump hat. Just a beacon to let the world know you're an actual moron.

Owh its gonna happen, trust me.
If Jones gets a 4 year suspension or something like that, I don't think those voices will be that loud considering the chance Jones will compete again will be relatively small.

And also, who gives a damn what people think. He will have the belt and get championship paydays, while the people screaming the loudest will be the frustrated discontent people who have the shittiest lives. I'm sure Cormier doesn't give a damn anymore what people think.

No, he should accept it.

Let the people who want to call him paper champ call him a paper champ so we can easily identify who is ACTUALLY retarded. It's like wearing a Trump hat. Just a beacon to let the world know you're an actual moron.
This
If you needed something extra to get into the cage and win then you didnt win
Its like your mates helping you in a 1 on 1 fight and then bragging you kicked someones ass

This is of course ignoring any financial benefits that he might have from being champ, which might be too big to ignore.

He should accept the belt, take the financial benefits, and put the $ towards research on healing his damaged brain after Juice Jones brutally KO'd him.

He's a tremendous fighter and I'm definitely a fan but he will always be a paper champ until he beats Jones. The fact that Jones is a life long cheater doesn't really change that.

People will bang on about him being a paper champ if he does take it back but he's beaten everyone who matters at this point.

Imagine him getting the belt and sitting at the desk at UFC tonight and Karyn calls him champ again. People are gonna be screaming paper champ again as the last image of him thats burned in their brain is getting brutally finished by Jon.

What would "people" be screaming if it was DC that finished Jon and then got busted for steroids?

If Jones gets a 4 year suspension or something like that, I don't think those voices will be that loud considering the chance Jones will compete again will be relatively small.
Conor still thinks he's the FW champ and he's been gone 2 years with no intention or even the ability to every fight in that division again. People get pretty delusional when they want something to be true.

Jones is not just getting stripped, but the fight will be turned into a no contest too. Why would Cormier refuse a belt he as officially not lost? It's very different than having Jones stripped and then Cormier winning the belt against someone else.

He's a tremendous fighter and I'm definitely a fan but he will always be a paper champ until he beats Jones. The fact that Jones is a life long cheater doesn't really change that.

Jones is the real paper champ. You can't be a real champ when you need PEDs to fight.

You overvalue how much fighters care about what fans say. And how much any of the blabbering matters.

DC could literally listen "Paper champ" comments for a decade and it wouldn't change a damn thing.

Behold, the LHW Champion.

g31yprtgzjvwbpjku3qb.gif

<DCrying>

Anyone doing that at this stage should be laughed right off this site as a completely brain dead ass-hat.

Isn't the common narrative here that "everyone takes PEDs"? If so, why is it such a special case that this one particular (alleged) PED user was able to beat DC?

Anyone doing that at this stage should be laughed right off this site as a completely brain dead ass-hat.

Case in point. Not trying to shit on MMAAAM here, just saying that this idea that DC is a paperchamp is far from over.

Sucks for DC that he got finished instead of losing a decision. Easier to sell that he would have beaten a clean Jones if he simply lost by UD.

Back