Should Chris Weidman be in the UFC Hall of Fame?

Should Chris Weidman be in the UFC Hall of Fame?

• Total voters
Longevity usually outweighs someone having one or two less title defenses, especially when we're talking about him having at least double the amount of ranked wins vs Weidman which is really significant (especially since Robert is still an active fighter).

RDA is another one who technically only has 1 defense but screams hall of famer.
The guys he's been fighting since losing to Izzy have been a fairly weak talent pool. That doesn't stack up to what Weidman did. I just looked at a bunch of greatest middleweight lists and Weidman is at number three in all of them, including fight matrix.

Woodley should definitely be in the hall of fame. You already have guys like Edgar, Bisping, Griffin and Evans in it.
Edgar has fan favorite status and longevity, Bisping the icon of British area and longevity, Griffin the spike tv era poster boy ufc ambassador. Evans hmmmm I guess Id put him in same category as Woodley.

No he should not.
I have seen too many incidents of Weidman cheating or faking groin shots or stuff like that. I used to really like the guy but now I have no time for him. He is good mates etc with his coach/team-mate Matt Serra and Matt Serra is best mates with Dana White and this is about the only reason he is still on the UFC roster.

I think so, he had an unbelievable run beating Silva, Machida and roided Vitor convincingly. His fight with Rockhold was one of the best fights ever.

I think so, he had an unbelievable run beating Silva, Machida and roided Vitor convincingly. His fight with Rockhold was one of the best fights ever.

He didn't beat TRTor. TRT was banned in 2014, fight happened in 2015.

I voted no, he is worthy but not more worthy than several others who should be ahead of him for the Modern Wing. Brock Lesnar, Cain Velasquez, Valentina Shevchenko, Mighty Mouse, Robbie Lawler, Clay Guida, Cub Swanson, Dominick Cruz, Holly Holm....

Dude wait your turn.

Wow, I somehow missed this thread when it was originally posted. I'd imagine the amount of crack you'd have to smoke to think CW belongs in the hall of fame would be staggering.

Imagine if he just retired after beating vitor, everyone would call him the goat like they do with khabib
No one called him the goat lol. Dude was terrible and just got lucky because 1 guy was mocking him instead of fighting and then broke his leg in the rematch.

Not sure.

His MW streak was impressive. Smashed a game Munhoz, beat Maia (when it meant something), beat the MW GOAT (twice), and defended the belt three times overall. The negative though is he beat Machida when he was on his way out, and Belfort, who couldn't get over the hump, without juice.

Outside of Izzy and Whitaker, he probably has the most impressive MW record, when you take titles into consideration.

What did he to annoy the pink goof ?
Not really sure, but Frank isn’t exactly the nicest guy out there. I think part of the issue is his arrogance. Never kissed Dana’s ass. No matter what the feud is about, Frank’s too accomplished not to be in the HOF.

I believe so.

What he did to Anderson Silva and stopped his massive long streak reign in defending the belt, I believe was nothing short of amazing.

Hope he retires as well. He paid his dues and more.

silva-weidman.gif
Put him in the delusional wing with Ronda.

No, perhaps he should be in the hall of the broken.

Not really sure, but Frank isn’t exactly the nicest guy out there. I think part of the issue is his arrogance. Never kissed Dana’s ass. No matter what the feud is about, Frank’s too accomplished not to be in the HOF.
He definitely was a bit full of himself but you can’t ignore his record and what’s he’s done.

Is he BFF"s with Dana? Then yes.

Is he not BFF's with Dana? Then no.

The guys he's been fighting since losing to Izzy have been a fairly weak talent pool. That doesn't stack up to what Weidman did. I just looked at a bunch of greatest middleweight lists and Weidman is at number three in all of them, including fight matrix.
what a coincidence - i was gonna say i think Weidman is the 3rd best MW after Anderson and Izzy. throw in Rob and Rich Franklin and theres your top 5 MWs.
i think teh Chris is HOF worthy.

The negative though is he beat Machida when he was on his way out, and Belfort, who couldn't get over the hump, without juice.
He beat Machida a few months after he had handled a prime Mousasi. He beat Belfort after he KO'd Bisping, Rockhold, and Hendo consecutively, and Belfort went on to KO Hendo again afterwards. Those were great wins.

Reactions: TR1
He beat Machida a few months after he had handled a prime Mousasi. He beat Belfort after he KO'd Bisping, Rockhold, and Hendo consecutively, and Belfort went on to KO Hendo again afterwards. Those were great wins.
He was the first guy to fight Belfort, post juice (after they banned TRT). It was a severely diminished Vitor.
Machida could still win some good ones, but his days as a top top guy were nearing it's end.

He was the first guy to fight Belfort, post juice (after they banned TRT). It was a severely diminished Vitor.
Machida could still win some good ones, but his days as a top top guy were nearing it's end.

Both Belfort and Machida got highlight reel KOs after fighting Weidman, proving they still had it. Yes, it was nearing the end for them but you have to give Weidman credit for those wins. They still had it when he beat them and were on great runs.

Back