Shots fired: JP Morgan Chase CEO Dimon insults Trump

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
JP Morgan CEO and fellow New Yorker Jamie Dimon said earlier that he thinks he could beat Trump , is smarter than Trump and "And by the way, this wealthy New Yorker actually earned his money," he said, referring to himself. "It wasn't a gift from Daddy."

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/12/news/companies/jamie-dimon-trump-jpmorgan/index.html

...But then he walked back the comment on running for President and winning, saying he couldn't beat the liberals. "I should not have said it," it was the wrong thing to do.

Yeah I added the "it was the wrong thing to do" as a little hat tip to a warroom meme

Smarter than Trump?

Whoa, calm down there, big boy. You're going to have to beat my senile nanna in checkers if you want entry into that prestigious group.

I feel like some other billionaire with more money than Trump could declare himself tomorrow and he'd win.

Having lots of money = good at politics.

Smarter than Trump?

Whoa, calm down there, big boy. You're going to have to beat my senile nanna in checkers if you want entry into that prestigious group.

And my potato-- he would also have to beat my potato too.

JP Morgan CEO and fellow New Yorker Jamie Dimon said earlier that he thinks he could beat Trump , is smarter than Trump and "And by the way, this wealthy New Yorker actually earned his money," he said, referring to himself. "It wasn't a gift from Daddy."

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/12/news/companies/jamie-dimon-trump-jpmorgan/index.html

...But then he walked back the comment on running for President and winning, saying he couldn't beat the liberals. "I should not have said it," it was the wrong thing to do.

Yeah I added the "it was the wrong thing to do" as a little hat tip to a warroom meme
We have one billionaire New Yorker too many in the White house as is, please no more.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Smarter than Trump?

I feel like some other billionaire with more money than Trump could declare himself tomorrow and he'd win.

Having lots of money = good at politics.
Trump derangement syndrome folks.

That's precisely why dudes like this cannot beat Trump, no matter how much money they may have.

What Trump possesses is a 30 to 40 year old combative relationship with the media, a level of experience that few rich men or politicians possess, as well as a psychologically (if not necessarily scientifically or politically) perceptive mind.

He knows that you never, verbally, walk back on anything you've said, even if you may do so in action. He does not give in to other people's perceptions of what he ought to do or to say, but in most cases, decides to do the exact opposite, in a show of power (which is what appeals to the people he wants to appeal to).

Like him or not, many don't, but at the very least he possess this one particular trait of "great men".

We have one billionaire New Yorker too many in the White house as is, please no more.
Maybee being super rich New Yorker is the real issue?? , cause in that dog-eat-dog hyper competitive world one has to be aggressive and sociopathic to be a top corporate or business leader?? People here in the MidWest and in the Pacific NW don't have that NYC mindset.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain
tenor.gif

Was there shade thrown TS? Is Trump going to clap back? Was Dimom trippin?

Was there shade thrown TS? Is Trump going to clap back? Was Dimom trippin?
I don't use the phrase "throwing shade" ; have never been a fan of whatever new hip phrase the mass media grabs onto.

Then both Dimon and Trump should shut up.

I don't use the phrase "throwing shade" ; have never been a fan of whatever new hip phrase the mass media grabs onto.

Hehe I’m just busting your balls over ‘shots fired’

Trump beat the liberals and Hillary's what? 1 billion dollar presidential campaign using mostly twitter.

Why couldn't this guy?

Time for the SEC to open some investigations. Oh wait I forgot this isn't the Obama administration.

Hehe I’m just busting your balls over ‘shots fired’
Didn't take it the wrong way. Just wanted to mention that little tidbit on "shade" , cause I had seen it used by some News sources regarding this news story but specifically choose to not use it.

That's precisely why dudes like this cannot beat Trump, no matter how much money they may have.

What Trump possesses is a 30 to 40 year old combative relationship with the media, a level of experience that few rich men or politicians possess, as well as a psychologically (if not necessarily scientifically or politically) perceptive mind.

He knows that you never, verbally, walk back on anything you've said, even if you may do so in action. He does not give in to other people's perceptions of what he ought to do or to say, but in most cases, decides to do the exact opposite, in a show of power (which is what appeals to the people he wants to appeal to).

Like him or not, many don't, but at the very least he possess this one particular trait of "great men".

I believe you are giving Trump way too much credit here.

I don't think he refuses to admit mistakes because he is some type of psychological genius. He does it for the same reason that a teenager does - because he's too immature and emotionally fragile to ever admit that he might have said/done something wrong. Given that he has lived a sheltered life where compromise and discretion are non-existent, it's certainly understandable why he acts this way, and never in a million years would I assign that as a trait of "great men" ... ... it's more akin to the attributes of a spoiled teeny-bopper who stomps their feet and pouts when they don't get their way.

Back