Short highlights of latest fight

Lucas Coradini

Green Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score

Hi, folks! These are some highlights from my latest fight, which was for the state cup. It was fought at the 120lbs weightclass and I got a third round TKO.

In the first round the first clinch exchange my corner yelled at me that he was putting his hand in the way of my right knee for protection, so we knew that he was feeling it. From then I gave him more knees, a kick, and a couple hooks to the body. By round three I could tell he was fading so I go for the kill and put him down with a hook and a knee to his spleen.

I knew that he was fading because he just dropped to the ground from a clinch exchange, and that told me that he was just looking for a way out of the clinch. He did that one more time without me throwing any particular hard strike and no count by the referee! At the third time I hit him with a knee to the lever and he fell, this time the referee put him in the count. After that I pressed forward and with one more right hook and right knee and the job was done.

Very fun fight for me! Kid was very fast and caught me with front kicks to the face two or three times, and a couple switch kicks to the arms. I kinda knew strenght and resilience would be a factor from watching his previous fights, so I just stayed patient and wait until he started to fade ;)

I hope y'all like it, and sorry for my broken english!

Put the entire video. I liked what I saw but too short. And got damn that tweet... How many hashtags.

Always a pleasure to watch you fight. Congrats on the win!

Did you just beat up a black man?

giphy.gif

Here you go

Thanks a lot, man! Hope you enjoy this one

that is a strange question o_O

Good fight!

Did you feel your opponents lead leg in the opening rounds? He was a good kicker......but I like the way you mixed it up and did not head hunt.

Congratulations, keep up the good work!

Damn, your opponent was no joke. From the looks of it you probably came in as the underdog.

I really like how you kept your composure and paced yourself, even when he was slamming you with kicks... and then when you sensed him fading you just turned it up on his ass and finished him.

He was taller and a powerful kicker so taking it to the clinch and kneeing was definitely a smart move. It did seem like you had a hard time landing any significant kicks though

Hey is this also you?

Gratz and thanks for the video. I liked it all, especially your jab and hands. Imo you should trow way more punches. Your oponent rarely saw those jabs.

Tyron Woodley thinks you're racist.
You don't visit the Heavies often, do you?
Not much lol

Good fight!

Did you feel your opponents lead leg in the opening rounds?...
Didn't hurt me, but kid was fast as hell. I managed to block some, but sometimes his leg was already on my forearm before I could lift mine

Damn, your opponent was no joke. From the looks of it you probably came in as the underdog.

Yes, they were taking bets and stuff... Thing is, a lot of the people from the scene don't aprecciate my style to much, because I generally move and throw more punches than they'd like. They say I'm a kickboxer, not a nak muay, so the plan for this fight was to show that I can do the front foot bouncing stuff too haha

Hey is this also you?
Yeah :)

Gratz and thanks for the video. I liked it all, especially your jab and hands. Imo you should trow way more punches. Your oponent rarely saw those jabs.

Thanks, man! I agree with you... I could have boxed more... and better

Great fight man.

Hope you don't mind if a make two observations? You probably know it buy re-watching your match but anyways...

You let a lot of his single strikes go unanswered. It seems you may had a bit of hard time to find your range at the beginning since he had the reach on you, but i think you should have reply his kick with a kick of your own (even just a low). That way you don't loose point on the aggression but also you make him throw more sloppy technique since he has to think retaliation and defense. Now, he got a lot of "free" shots.

Your punches (specially hooks) seemed to me a bit over committed, and some times not from the proper distance.

Anyway, good job man...

Do you do MMA as well or only MT?
BTW I'm guessing you're Brazilian but your English is perfect!

Great fight man.

Hope you don't mind if a make two observations?...

Of course I don't mind, and I thank you for it.

Not answering every kick was managing my energy levels. I had some info about the guy, and I watched some fights that indicated me that his gas tank wasn't his biggest asset, and that I couldn't win a kicking game as he would surely outpoint me.

As for my punches... yes I threw some ugly face-first punches in this fight haha I was trying to close distance by any means I could. I should have jabbed my way inside, or any other less risky way than what I did, but it ended up working so I sticked to it. Could have been countered with knees and elbows, but he couldn't time me for that... got countered with a nice teep in round two, I think

Do you do MMA as well or only MT?
BTW I'm guessing you're Brazilian but your English is perfect!

Yes, I'm brazilian! Thanks! I never fought in MMA, but I did some MMA training and I'm a blue belt in jiu-jitsu. Maybe one day I will, but my fighting career will have a long hiatus by the second half of the year. I probably will fight two more times before that, and for sure it will be Muay Thai rules... Other than Muay Thai I fought in K1 rules and Low Kicks

Yes, I'm brazilian! Thanks! I never fought in MMA, but I did some MMA training and I'm a blue belt in jiu-jitsu. Maybe one day I will, but my fighting career will have a long hiatus by the second half of the year. I probably will fight two more times before that, and for sure it will be Muay Thai rules... Other than Muay Thai I fought in K1 rules and Low Kicks
Cool, good luck with the upcoming fights! Please post them here if you can.
Did it feel very different fighting in K-1 as opposed to MT? I mean did you feel limited by the rules?

@Lucas Coradini
Great you had info on the guy and been able to make a game plan.
Anyway good luck on your next matches...

I always get happy when I see a post from you. You're looking better even from the last time I saw you!

Cool, good luck with the upcoming fights! Please post them here if you can.
Did it feel very different fighting in K-1 as opposed to MT? I mean did you feel limited by the rules?
Yes, it is very different... I fought in a shitload of different rulesets, I don't even know how I truly feel about them, but its for sure that I like Full Muay Thai Rules the most. I wrote a little summary of my short fighting career:

First match: "Muay Thai", 3x3 rounds, 1 minute rest, and I'm not sure about the scoring criteria. W TKO
2: Same as first, but in an octagon. W pts
3: "Muay Thai", 3x3 rounds, 1 minute rest, no elbows allowed, and I AM 100% sure that the scoring criteria was more kickboxing. W pts
4: Same as first. W pts
5: Same as 3, but in a octagon. L pts
6: Same as 3. W pts
7, First professional muay thai fight (no shin/elbow pads, and with money involved): "Muay Thai", 5x3 rounds, 1 minute rest, and I'm not sure about the scoring criteria. W TKO
8: Kickboxing Low Kicks (no clinching, no knees, no elbows, no leg catching, no spinning fist). W TKO
9: Same as 7 .W pts
10: Kickboxing K1 Rules in an octagon. L pts
11 Brazilian Muay Thai Cup: CBMT (Artur Mariano Muay Thai Confederation) A Class, same as first match, but without gear, amateur (title on the line, but no money). L pts
12: Same as 8 (important to note that this was the worst ass whopping I ever took). L TKO
13 State Muay Thai Championship: Same as 11 (also the first time I put someone to sleep with a punch to the head :) you can watch it here ) W KO
14 Brazilian Muay Thai Championship: CBMT (Artur Mariano Muay Thai Confederation) it was supposed to be the same as 11 and 13, but there were some major rule changes at the last minute and it ended up being 3 ONE MINUTE ROUNDS, with all protective gear you can imagine.
This was without a doubt the worst shit I ever fought in my life, and the worst fighting event I ever saw. The lack of organization was just out of this world... soooo frustrating! Like, I was fresh from the biggest win of my life, had to sell personal stuff like clothes, a guitar,
and borrow money from a friend to pay for the plane tickets and pay the CBMT fees, to get there and the event to be so badly structured... I mean, I fought with gloves, shinpads, and helmets from a different brand than my opponent! The only thing equal were the elbow pads, but they were all banged up hahahha Just remembering this shit makes me want to cry. L pts

Now after that I finally ended up fighting autentic Muay Thai in events held by other organizations!
The next five fights were:
5 3 minute rounds, 1m30s rests, and the score is like what goes in the stadiums, which people here call "the race system".

15: Loss by KO knee strike. Got my shitty clinch game exposed.
16: Loss pts. Still haven't a clear understading of the rules, nor clinch proficiency
17: Win by pts. Teamed up with guys more knowledgeable about the rules and with a solid clinch game
18: Win by KO Left Hook
19: Win by TKO Knees and punches to the body

@Lucas Coradini
Good luck on your next matches...
I always get happy when I see a post from you. You're looking better even from the last time I saw you!

Thanks, guys! I'll be sure to post my next fights. Cheers!

Back