Shooting reported at a High School in St. Mary's County, Maryland, Shooter is dead

You're excluding a bunch of things it seems because you want to deflate school shooting statistics. How many discharged firearms are acceptable on school grounds. Excluding LEO, when is it fine to exclude a firearm discharge?

Yes, it does "count". Definition of a school shooting: a shooting that occured at school. It's not really that hard. The appropriate number of guns fired on school grounds is ZERO (excluding LEO responding to a threat).
Derp

They should make a cop or security guard the hero of everyone of these school shootings, even if it isn't true.

The media is creating these shootings. The shooters have been glorified.

Wow.

These are the people who want a say in potential gun control legislation...

So thats how guns are categorized?

Just above/just below relative to each other...

LMFAOOO
not an INCORRECT statement or assessment. A civvie AR-15 IS 'just below' any variant the military uses just by lacking selective fire. most times. Buddy has a binary trigger setup in his SBR thats....well its pretty sweet.

not an INCORRECT statement or assessment. A civvie AR-15 IS 'just below' any variant the military uses just by lacking selective fire. most times. Buddy has a binary trigger setup in his SBR thats....well its pretty sweet.

The arguments are so stupid.

Are you aware that soldiers doing close quarters sweeping operations in Iraq urban environments were picking up AK-47's, and using them over their M-16's, because a .223 round moving at any speed lacks the stopping power of a .556 round?

Are we going to regulate caliber next?

Actually shouldn't that be first, since it is actually the more important quality in the lethality of a weapon?

Yeah... But what does "just below" mean exactly?

sVTYUmD.png
Someone should make her run a MOUT site with an AR and then a Pistol... Maybe then she will understand why she is kicking bullshit.

So what are we blaming this time? Captain Crunch? Daylight savings time? Oh oh I know, it´s the average length of grass in the state.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Cop engaged and killed the shooter. Better result than coward county deputies staying outside.

Kids not taking them when they need them = worse

Different strokes, buddy.

I was told I needed anti-depressants. I tried many different ADs and all of them stripped all emotions except one: Anger. The amount of kids who are suffering this same effect from pills they're told they "need" is probably astounding.

Everyone is so focused on guns that very few are asking why kids on SSRI medication are so prevalent in these incidences.

I knew the School Resource Officer looked familiar. I found out last night that he's my neighbor's son. I hope he can cope with this situation and wish the families of all involved the best. The only bright side to any of this is that the threat was neutralized and there weren't more victims. I can't imagine being a parent to any of the children involved.

The arguments are so stupid.

Are you aware that soldiers doing close quarters sweeping operations in Iraq urban environments were picking up AK-47's, and using them over their M-16's, because a .223 round moving at any speed lacks the stopping power of a .556 round?

Are we going to regulate caliber next?

Actually shouldn't that be first, since it is actually the more important quality in the lethality of a weapon?

The argument falls apart even faster than that.

A $200 12-gauge shotgun from Walmart is going to be more effective than .223 in one of these awful situations. So, what then? Start banning shotguns?

Nevermind the worst school shooting in history was done with clever tactics and a pair of handguns.

It's NOT the AR-15 that's the problem.

I knew the School Resource Officer looked familiar. I found out last night that he's my neighbor's son. I hope he can cope with this situation and wish the families of all involved the best. The only bright side to any of this is that the threat was neutralized and there weren't more victims. I can't imagine being a parent to any of the children involved.

The guy spent 4 years in Corrections before becoming a cop.

I'm sure he's been in fucked up situations before, and seen a lot of death and mutilation.

He's probably fine, I'd say he's feeling pretty good right now.

A real American hero.

The argument falls apart even faster than that.

A $200 12-gauge shotgun from Walmart is going to be more effective than .223 in one of these awful situations. So, what then? Start banning shotguns?

Nevermind the worst school shooting in history was done with clever tactics and a pair of handguns.

It's NOT the AR-15 that's the problem.

Good post.

<Gordonhat><GinJuice><LucyBless>

A gunman who shot and injured two teenage students at a high school in the US state of Maryland was shot dead after a gunfight with a security guard.

Austin Wyatt Rollins, 17, shot a 16-year-old girl, who is in a critical condition, and a 14-year-old boy.

The attack happened on Tuesday morning before lessons at Great Mills High School in St Mary's County, 65 miles (104km) south-east of Washington DC.

Rollins had a prior relationship with the girl, Sheriff Tim Cameron said.

The school shooting comes a month after a high school shooter killed 17 in Parkland, Florida.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43474309

In before, he had mental problems!

Holy shit. This must have just happened.

Are you breaking this with your blog?

Lol at trying to break potential polarising political news to us loser 3 days after it happens.
That's some fucking Sherdog amateur hour if I have ever seen one.

Literally a 10+ page thread that was constantly updated with this allllll yesterday and ended with the resolution that we had a fucking hero school resource officer put the gunman down so that this incident didn't exponentially grow in death scale

Edit: I was under the impression two school kids died though. Once the details are clear, is it only that the gunman is dead and there are two kids hospitalized with severe injuries but have chances to pull through? That's definitely a positive development

Back