Shogun's TDD percentage is 46%......

what is the problem with UFC/WEC?
you said he abandoned leg kicks because he faced wrestlers which he not, he still leg kick those wrestlers a lot of time, for example the first fight with Edgar.I dont know why he doesn't use it anymore but facing wrestlers isn't the reason he abandoned leg kicks. There are few fights Aldo faced strikers but he still rarely use his leg kick
Nah a lot of people said Aldo stopped throwing leg kicks as much, he always had a good bladed stance and fed the single leg a lot which he was mastered at getting away from. Single legs are harder to complete.
Though I think he had leg or foot injures other than the KZ fight but the amount of leg kicks he threw dropped in UFC.

The hell does that have to do with Aldo?
It means that being a leg kicker is not an excuse for having piss poor TDD, and your point about Aldo was already debunked by someone else. He threw plenty of leg kicks against elite wrestlers Faber and Edgar in their first fight.

It means that being a leg kicker is not an excuse for having piss poor TDD, and your point about Aldo was already debunked by someone else. He threw plenty of leg kicks against elite wrestlers Faber and Edgar in their first fight.

Good to know you're both equally unwilling to read everything I wrote

Anyway, your thread is awful.

Surprised it's that high tbh. I remember before Jones fought him, Jon said he'd watched all his tapes and he'd been taken down 16 out of the last 17 times someone tried to take him down before the Jones fight....

He actually fought Griffin w/ a ruptured ACL and had surgery after that fight.
He reinjured himself during rehab or training and had to have another operation before coming back to fight Coleman.
Then he injured his knee against Machida.
And again this past October.

I never heard about the pre-Pride surgery. Interesting.

He also tore his mcl during the fight

When Shogun was young and still an Energizer bunny, he had some of the best sweeps in MMA.

Shoguns never lost a fight by lay and pray either.

coleman who was like 50 was wrestling the shit out of him even at that point.

Mark Coleman at 50 is a better wrestler than a large portion of MMA buddy. Please show some respect.

I had Coleman winning until early stoppage.
me too. shoguns run to the belt was pretty bad. his 2 wins were coleman where he looked horrible and liddell who got knocked out by everybody at that time.

Hes had alot of knee surgeries by the time he came to ufc.

Hes also never been layed on. Even if his TDD is bad he gets back up. Shit i cant ever remember him losing a fight or a decision from his lack of TDD.
Which is why I was so confident Chael had no chance of beating him...

Shogun’s knees are trash. That’s explains part of it.

It's kind of crazy that Shogun still fights.

His schedule for the past several years has basically been: train for fight, fight, have surgery after fight, recover from surgery, repeat.

Despite the state of his health he still manages to be fairly competitive and he still comes to take his opponents head off.

Have to respect that.

For reference, Nick Diaz has a TDD rate of over 60%

Nick has underrated TDD. The dude stuffed a LOT of Gsp's TD's (probably more than anybody else GSP ever fought) and he stuffed a bunch of Sherk's TD's too.

The problem is if he's in TDD mode, his striking starts to suck and he becomes purely defensive. And if he's in offensive striking mode, his TDD starts to suck.

Back