Shogun's facebook post

ShoHendoCop

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Fighting has been my life for over 15 years. It's what I chose for me and what I love to do. For me it is very difficult to have to get out of a fight very much, and accept that this was the only viable alternative was not easy. Unfortunately, at the beginning of this camp, I hurt my knee. I spent all my camp doing everything in my power to be able to fight on September 23th (22 in Brazil), and trained all the time on the basis of medicine, knee protection, ice and physiotherapy. I went beyond the limit because fighting back in Japan is something I dreamed of a long time ago, because I didn't want to disappoint the fans, and because I was raised like this in martial arts by my master
I've come up to fight injured several times in my career, and there's been no effort and attempt. But unfortunately all the effort only ended up aggravating injuries, and there came a time when my team and I had to accept that there were no more alternatives, and I had to get out of the fight. It wasn't easy.
I want to apologize to my opponent, I have been in the same situation even when we face the first time, and I know that it is never easy, and especially to apologize to the public, especially to all those who were anxious waiting for this
I'll take care of my recovery now, heal my injuries and come back stronger. Challenges are placed in front of us every day, and what really matters is how we face them. Thanks for everyone's affection.

Fighting has been my life for more than 15 years. It's what I have chosen for myself, and what I love to do. For me it's really hard to have to step out of a fight, really difficult, and to accept that this was the only viable alternative wasn't easy at all. Unfortunately, still early in this camp, I injured my knee. I spent all Camp doing all within my reach to be able to fight on September 23rd, trained the whole time under medication, protection in my knee, ice and physical therapy. I went beyond my limit because fighting in Japan again is something I have been dreaming about for a long time, because I didn't want to disappoint the fans, and because I was raised this way in martial arts by my master.
I already stepped up to fight injured many times in my career, and there's wasn't a lack of effort or trying this time as well. But unfortunately all the effort just ended up aggravating the injuries, and we got to a point where my team and I had to accept that there wasn't any alternatives anymore and I had to pull out of the fight. It wasn't easy.
I want to apologize to my opponent, I have been in the same situation when we faced each other for the first time and I know it's never easy, and most of all apologize to the public, specially those who were anxiously waiting for this fight. I'll take care of my recovery now, heal my injuries and comeback stronger. Challenges are put in front of us everyday, and what really matter is how we face them. Thank you all for the support.
shogun.jpg

who was he supposed to fight?

Woulda got skateboard KO'd again anyway.

giphy.gif

Or tapped to strikes.

34y4kmd.jpg

Unfortunately, at the beginning of this camp, I hurt my knee

There, I saved you 10 minutes of your life. Tank me

Should go to Bellator or some organisations in Japan and go out on a 10 fight KO win streak.

Ufc top 10 just beat him

I’ll never understand how people can shit on a guy that’s been fighting professionally at his level for over 15 years. He’s pro debut was in 2002.

Back