• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rewatch Shogun vs Rampage full fight

He did end up kind of turning his back and going out the ring lol. Getting soccer kicked and he looked more scared than anything, what a chin
And a few years later, Shogun would get dominated just as badly by Jon Jones and tap to strikes.

My fav Shogun fight. Shogun just beat the piss out of him for 5 minutes. Broke his ribs too. Rampage had a real hard time with Chute Boxe aggression back them.

2005 Shogun would likely get touched up on his feet but then take Poatan down and ground and pound him to a finish. That's how he dealt with Overeem twice.

And with Diabaté.

Rampage left Team Oyama after this fight.

Still was able to hold UFC gold despite his knee surgeries. Fucking legendary.
I remember pulling for Forrest in their first fight and being shocked as hell that he won.

Shogun was pretty small compared to Poatan and didn't really pose much of a submission threat. He's not slapping the clinch on a 6'4 Poatan like he did Rampage either. Pereira is hittable, his chin isn't granite and Shogun could for sure make it interesting but I can't really see this as more than a 50/50 type bout.

Shogun was slapping Omaplatas on Arona and smashing Overeem back then who wasn't smaller than Poatan and was also a better grappler than Poatan too.

Poatan was getting rolled up by Izzy and just lost to Jan.

Shogun would GnP him pretty easily.

LOL, no. Rampage looked terrible in that fight and would've lost to tons of current and past LHWs. He looked like he didn't want to be in the ring. Shogun's only prayer against Poatan would be taking the fight to the ground, but Poatan is considerably bigger and would likely stay on his feet at this point.

Rampage looked "terrible" because Shogun broke his ribs and absolutely obliterated him. That version of Rampage would have powerbombed Poatan through the canvas and smashed him.

Reem was also bigger than Shogun and he still got GnPed violently.

Poatan was getting rolled up by Izzy and just lost to 55 year old journey man Jan.

Poatan fanboys lol 🤡

Doubtful lol. But Shogun could make it interesting. I didn’t know his ribs was broke early

Nothing doubtful. Poatan got rolled up by Izzy and lost to old ass Jan..

Shogun would beat him pretty easily.

Poatan super overrated.

Shogun was slapping Omaplatas on Arona and smashing Overeem back then who wasn't smaller than Poatan and was also a better grappler than Poatan too.

Poatan was getting rolled up by Izzy and just lost to Jan.

Shogun would GnP him pretty easily.
I think there would be a chance he got KO Shogun fast standing(although also Shogun could land on him as Jiri did) but as you say on the ground thats a challenging match, Pride Shoguns grappling was relentless with nasty GnP.

I think there would be a chance he got KO Shogun fast standing(although also Shogun could land on him as Jiri did) but as you say on the ground thats a challenging match, Pride Shoguns grappling was relentless with nasty GnP.

Jan spent plenty of time on the feet with Poatan without getting knocked. I'm pretty sure so could Shogun. I also don't think Poatan would have much in the clinch for Shogun.

Nothing doubtful. Poatan got rolled up by Izzy and lost to old ass Jan..

Shogun would beat him pretty easily.

Poatan super overrated.
Shogun got beat by Forrest Griffin and Mark Coleman, so I wouldn't be that confident.

If we are going to apparently ignore all of Poatan 's virtues and skills, might as well bring Shogun's defeats into play, considering he fought past the year 2005.

Shogun got beat by Forrest Griffin and Mark Coleman, so I wouldn't be that confident.

If we are going to apparently ignore all of Poatan 's virtues and skills, might as well bring Shogun's defeats into play, considering he fought past the year 2005.

Shogun lost to Griffin after coming off a knee surgery and historically always fought poorly right after his knee surgeries. He absolutely smashed Forrest in the rematch.

The guy from the Machida fights wasn't the same guy who lost to Forrest and you know this.

Last edited:
This was Rampage coming off of that brutal beatdown from Wanderlei a few months prior. Rampage had just gotten a robbery decision over Shogun's brother Ninja, and didn't feel like he deserved to be there.
If you watch the fight with Murilo you can tell he just doesn't have that fire. Bas Rutten was remarking on his poor performance saying he didn't look like the Quinton we know.
His heart and mind weren't in it.

Last edited:
After 3 knee reconstructions.

🤡
The same "bad knee" Shogun had his best technical performance ever against Machida. And GSP defended his title multiple times then won the MW belt with the same kind of ACL issues when he was considerably older than Shogun.

The same "bad knee" Shogun had his best technical performance ever against Machida. And GSP defended his title multiple times then won the MW belt with the same kind of ACL issues when he was considerably older than Shogun.

Yes Shoguns performances a year after knee surgery were superior to his performances a few months after knee surgery.

Imagine that.

🤡

Back