Shogun is 1 good fight away from a title shot

I'm a long time Shogun fan, so I hope he never faces DC. It will look like DC-Hendo. DC tossing him around like a child, and owning him.

as a long time Shogun fan, you should hope he never faces anyone relevant

I wouldn't ever want to see this fight, but if it did somehow happen, I'd advise Shogun to train left head-kicks All Day Long. Bait the exchange, then just blast it out there.

I thought DC learned from the Jones fight, but he continues with his tendency to roll hard to his right during exchanges, either to counter or level-change to grab a leg, and he was doing it religiously during the standup with Oezdemir. I'm surprised Oezdemir didn't capitalize more on it, given his background.

Otherwise, this is an ugly contest. Shogun is too tough for his own good and DC would abuse him.

Pretty crazy to think about.

When did he fight last? Honestly forgot he was still around title shot wise seems really inactive but ill never forget his fights with lyoto ..and pride days.. what was his last fight and result

Lhw is now the worst it has ever been.

I hope people who say DC is in the running for p4p GOAT realise it’s in a bad way.

Gus is the only real challenge and he’s already beat him.

Bring back Bader at all costs if he wins the Bellator tournament.

LOL- You are wither an idiot, or have only been an MMA fan for 6 months. You defenitiely never saw a UFC event before the Pride acquisition to utter an absurd statement like that.

DC
Gus
Volkan
Glover
Manuwa
OSP

That is as strong a Big 6 as any weight class except perhaps LW. Go 6 deep in any division except LW in the UFC and see which names you are calling out. Even without Jones, 205 is in excellent shape.

Last edited:
LOL- You are wither an idiot, or have only been an MMA fan for 6 months. You defenitiely never saw a UFC event before the Pride acquisition to utter an absurd statement like that.

DC
Gus
Volkan
Glover
Manuwa
OSP

That is as strong a Big 6 as any weight class except perhaps LW. Go 6 deep in any division except LW in the UFC and see which names you are calling out. Even without Jones, 205 is in excellent shape.

Welterweight
Woodley
Wonderboy
DosAnjos
Covington
Lawler
Maia
Masvidal
Till

Guys like Cerrone aren’t even top 10. That’s stacked to me.

Mw
Whittaker
Romero
Rockhold
Jacare
GSP
Weidman

I could go on but I think you know your wrong here.

Take Glover, slowed up so much he really can’t be considered a contender. Manuwa? Really, top 6 and it’s all good? A division without contenders is a weak one to me. Was it weaker than when Tito/Couture/Liddell was competing? Yep. Those 3 names alone should make it worse.

There is one realistic challenger and it’s Gus who had been injured and out for a while and he’s already lost.

DC
Gus
Volkan
Glover
Manuwa
OSP

Glover is Old, Gus has nothing for DC, OSP is a gatekeeper and Manuwa got starched in 30 seconds by the guy DC just raped.
205 is a dead division that Jones ruined.

Welterweight
Woodley
Wonderboy
DosAnjos
Covington
Lawler
Maia
Masvidal
Till

Guys like Cerrone aren’t even top 10. That’s stacked to me.

Mw
Whittaker
Romero
Rockhold
Jacare
GSP
Weidman

I could go on but I think you know your wrong here.

Take Glover, slowed up so much he really can’t be considered a contender. Manuwa? Really, top 6 and it’s all good? A division without contenders is a weak one to me. Was it weaker than when Tito/Couture/Liddell was competing? Yep. Those 3 names alone should make it worse.

There is one realistic challenger and it’s Gus who had been injured and out for a while and he’s already lost.

LOL. LHW is more stacked than WW. Maia is fucking 40 and coming off 2 straight losses. Colby is relatively unproven. Pretty much hype at this point. MW is in pretty good shape right now as well for sure.

But come the fuck on dude. 205 used to be complete and utter dog shit. Chuck Liddell's 4 title defenses were against Jeremy Horn, Randy Couture, Babalu, and a way fucking past it Tito for Christ sales. 205 pre-pride sale was terrible compared to now.

Glover is Old, Gus has nothing for DC, OSP is a gatekeeper and Manuwa got starched in 30 seconds by the guy DC just raped.
205 is a dead division that Jones ruined.

Just because the champ (Be it Jones or Cormier) is light years ahead of the rest of the pack does not mean the division is weak.

No one came close to beating GSP during his run either until the very end. But there is no doubt that the 170 division he presided over was the most stacked it ever was. Fitch/Alves/Shields/Hendricks/Kos/Condit....Fucking savages.

There is no doubt 205 looksly way more beastly with Jones and Rumble in the mix. But it is still doing just fine. OSP, MAnuwa, Volkan or Gus would have done just fine against any of the Champs prior to Bones (Shogun/Machida/Rashad/Rampage/Forrest Griffin)

Yeah. But I agree with previous posters - LHW as not in the worst shape it's ever been. There have been dark days before.
But it sure has been a steep fall between now and a while ago when LHW had arguably one of the scariest top fives with Jones, DC, Rumble, Gus, Glover and up-n-comers like Manuwa, OSP, Latifi, Cirkunov, Corey, Cummins having potential.
But with the drop offs and all lower-top-10 contenders losing, and not performing in ways that make them look like top 5 material, it has sure gone downhill.

DC on the other hand has really proven himself.
Jones and DC together were possibly the GOAT top 2.
Gus has nothing for DC

Just because the champ (Be it Jones or Cormier) is light years ahead of the rest of the pack does not mean the division is weak.

No one came close to beating GSP during his run either until the very end. But there is no doubt that the 170 division he presided over was the most stacked it ever was. Fitch/Alves/Shields/Hendricks/Kos/Condit....Fucking savages.

There is no doubt 205 looksly way more beastly with Jones and Rumble in the mix. But it is still doing just fine. OSP, MAnuwa, Volkan or Gus would have done just fine against any of the Champs prior to Bones (Shogun/Machida/Rashad/Rampage/Forrest Griffin)
Lol no
Nothing special about OSP, Manuwa or Volkan. Manuwa is a good striker but not the best striker and he has a weak chin, OSP is pretty much a pure athlete with limited technique and Volkan is a port puncher with no ground game that should've lost to OSP. The division is terrible now. Also, it's missing Bader and Davis who would beat all 3 of those guys easily (Bader already beat OSP with no issue).

DC
Gus
Volkan
Glover
Manuwa
OSP

That’s a pretty poor tip 6 actually. DC is great, Gus is dangerous and very talented but his best fights were losses, Glover is past prime, and the other three just aren’t impressive at all.

LHW was weaker once in the champ Tito days, but it’s as bad now as it’s been since then probably.

Fuck it give it to him now

DC would make Shogun tap to strikes after the fight was already stopped...again

Back