shoes in ufc?

grimballer

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
i know shoes were allowed in earlier ufcs, so when did ac decided to ban em n for what reason?

if anything shoes would prevent injuries like jbj suffered vs sonnen. n considering ufc is held in a cage, there is alot of potential toe injuries.

i know regular wrestling shoes might not be the best options fior mma, but i dont see why something similar to pasncrase boots couldnt work in todays mma.

Bas_Rutten_high_kick.jpg

here are some pros

1. less slips

c-sonnen.jpg

2. less cuts (no more big gashes ala bj vs diego)

Diego-Skull.jpg

3. less injuries

Dale_Hartt_vs_CoreyHill_1000069.jpg

what would be cons

It's part of the Unified Rules. No shoes.

Changing that rule is about as easy as changing the knees to the head of a grounded opponent rule.

Also, they're banned because they flat out give wrestlers the advantage, and don't bring up the "can't kick" shit. A wrestler really doesn't care whether he can kick or not.

Sure, give more people an excuse to say the rules are geared towards wrestlers.

Also, they're banned because they flat out give wrestlers the advantage, and don't bring up the "can't kick" shit. A wrestler really doesn't care whether he can kick or not.

Cain with shoes wouldn't even be fair for other HWs.

Cain with shoes wouldn't even be fair for other HWs.

Amen. Bigfoot stuffed a single takedown because Cain couldn't get proper traction with the ground. If shoes were involved Cain would have dumped him on his head.

I do wonder . . . would shoes have helped prevent this from happening?

00.gif

TS, your examples don't work.
1. I think Chael fell down and it wasn't a slip
2. Corey Hills shin snapped, not his foot
3. I'm pretty sure Diegos vagina was opened up with a shin and not a foot.
Not sure how any of these examples would be different with shoes on.

When we see an epidemic of horrific toe injuries lets start talking about shoes. JBJ is the only toe injury i can think of... at all.

TS, your examples don't work.
1. I think Chael fell down and it wasn't a slip
2. Corey Hills shin snapped, not his foot
3. I'm pretty sure Diegos vagina was opened up with a shin and not a foot.
Not sure how any of these examples would be different with shoes on.

When we see an epidemic of horrific toe injuries lets start talking about shoes. JBJ is the only toe injury i can think of... at all.

Did you even try to understand what he was saying? He specifically mentioned the Pancrase boots, which had sort of shin guards over the shin area.

This could help prevent a leg form snapping, AND it would help prevent cuts like the one seen on Diego

Dude, let Pride go, let it go!!!!!!

Did you even try to understand what he was saying? He specifically mentioned the Pancrase boots, which had sort of shin guards over the shin area.

This could help prevent a leg form snapping, AND it would help prevent cuts like the one seen on Diego

fair enough. I can see how that might help. I still don't like them.

Back