ShoBox: Baranchyk vs Smith

Pretty ugly. Undercard was good though.

Ahhhh Barnacles!

I had just got rid of Showtime.... and was curious about this one. Didn't know much about either guy.
Except that I had a football coach in high school named Baranchyk: and he put me at right guard on the O-Line when I was only 5'8 and 145lbs. Bastard didn't want me out there.

Good fights tonight.
Many fights tomorrow, beginning early afternoon from England.

I was disappointed with Ivan, he needs to get the fuck out to a real trainer 'cause he's going backwards.mJohn David Jackson is down an exotic....Roach....fuck, I dunno, but he was a better fighter four fights ago in his career.

Ivan didn't look great, but Smith was part of that. But Jesus Christ with those playground-looking wide punches from Ivan. My DVR cut me off after the 5th I think it was (I always forget to add 30 minutes), so I got the PBP here for the final few rounds. More of the same? They took a point for holding or what? From Smith? That was weak, from the start he was REALLY holding. I get that Ivan got dirty too, because he did.

Oh, and WTF with Smith's people being in the corner after the bell to start the 4th and 5th? How does the ref not tell you "one more of those and I take a point, dipshit"? That was crazy. Like 10 seconds extra each of those two rounds I saw, basically. To clear his corner? WTH?

But anyway, GREAT bouts before that. Really good ShoBox.

Back