Shlemenko returns to Bellator, faces Kendall Grove at Bellator 162

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
After managing to get his suspension reduced and getting two wins over Vyacheslav Vasilevsky, Alexander Shlemenko will finally make his return to Bellator at Bellator 162 in Memphis. His opponent will be Kendall Grove, who is on a win streak of his own with KO wins over Joey Beltran and Francisco France. This is a surprisingly good matchup and the winner of it could fight Carvalho for the belt.

Lashley will also fight in this event, against an opponent yet to be revealed. Hopefully is Minakov or Sergei, maybe Mitrione. If Bellator isn't stupid, they'll surely make the fight be for the title, with the winner of Kongo/Johnson getting the next shot.

Hot sauce: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Al...-vs-Kendall-Grove-in-Memphis-on-Oct-21-110213

Glad to see schlemenko back.

I swear bellator has the names for a Russia card. Andrey, schlemenko, yankova, Sergei, Lena, minakov(a little iffy about). Throw fedor on the card as well. It will fucking sell!

Could have sworn they cut Kendall, good to see him fighting though, he should be able to give Schlemenko a pretty good fight.

I have doubts that Lashley is willing to fight the better guys Bellator has to offer, my guess is he ends up fighting Chase Gormley, Oli Thompson, or maybe even Bobby Brents (all three would still be pretty big step ups for him at least). Would be cool to see him finally fight someone worth mentioning like Sergai or Minakov but I really doubt Lashley is game for that.

Could have sworn they cut Kendall, good to see him fighting though, he should be able to give Schlemenko a pretty good fight.

I have doubts that Lashley is willing to fight the better guys Bellator has to offer, my guess is he ends up fighting Chase Gormley, Oli Thompson, or maybe even Bobby Brents (all three would still be pretty big step ups for him at least). Would be cool to see him finally fight someone worth mentioning like Sergai or Minakov but I really doubt Lashley is game for that.
Chase Gormley wouldn't be a step up imo, since he got KO'd by Charles, whom Bobby easily beat. Oli would be a step up though, don't know about Brents since I haven't seen him fight. I do hope they give him one of their top HW's though, would make for a nice headliner and test for Lashley.

Chase Gormley wouldn't be a step up imo, since he got KO'd by Charles, whom Bobby easily beat. Oli would be a step up though, don't know about Brents since I haven't seen him fight. I do hope they give him one of their top HW's though, would make for a nice headliner and test for Lashley.

True Gormley did get floored by Charles but I still think he would be a harder fight for Lashley than Charles was. Charles was a late replacement and looked like he had no idea what he was doing in there tbh, just seemed like an odd fight since all he really did was back up to the cage and throw kicks (silly gameplan when you are fighying a power wrestler)

yeah I thought the same about Kendall
Some clause in his contract was probably why he couldn't fight in KSW

20048442yu.gif

Should be a fun fight. Saw that other thread where Storm said the most famous Middlweight in Bellator was his opponent. And maybe this really is the sad state of affairs at 185 that Grove is that guy.

He's a Bellator original.

glad to see Shlemenko back in the States.

He is going to wreck Grove.

Shlemenko vs Grove is a good one, the winner should definitely face Carvalho sometime in the Winter. Hell, I wouldn't mind Carvalho vs Salter going at it in the meantime. That Salter dude murdered Brandon Halsey in June. I was hoping to see Storm get his revenge on Halsey but I suppose this fight makes more sense. I got Shlemenko by TKO round 2. WAR SHLEMENKO.

The Lashley fight HAS to be for the title. Kongo and Johnson are occupied. Besides Lashley, there's only 1 or 2 names that can claim a title shot in their division, Minakov and Mitrione. Vitaly Minakov is the smarter option IMO. Minakov fighting for the belt would legitimize it seeing as he is the lineal HW champ. Bobby Lashley's name guarantees good ratings.

Good to see Storm back, dont have much interest in this fight though. Just shows what a bad div this is, man.

What is Bellator doing with the HW title? Its a joke, its coming up on 2 1/2 years, how hard is it to put two fighters together and call it a title fight?

This should have been done the minute Minakov was stripped.

Hey guys, my sources have just informed me of some exciting news! Alexander Shlamenkos suspension has ended and it is rumored that he will be fighting kendall grove.

Grove is coming off of 3 fantastic performances, and i predict a quick submission for the spider.

It is only a matter of time before the spider is in ufc title contention again.

"Rumor" that's been in the front page of sherdong since yesterday.

Storm vs Grove for the number one contender is a good fight, I'm in!
Hoping that they do Lashley vs Mittrione for the vacant HW title, i don't want to see Lashley facing cans...

Back