Sherdog Shoop Discussion Thread

kxmCllN.gif

I appreciate the tag and invite but I feel my shopping days are behind me. I am but an amateur in a sea of professionals.

Best of luck and I can’t wait to see what y'all come up with.
Prior experience that you have, and share with as many as possible, may help anybody that sees it. Please throw us ANY old shoop that you had fun while making. It may inspire others to follow your past work.

Last edited:
I'm a noob when it comes to shooping/creating a gif. What's the most efficient way/program to shoop a gif. Any good tutorials?

You can use the timeline in Photoshop to make GIFs. What you would do is import a GIF or MP4 file, Add some templates, convert them into smart objects and move them around your timeline.

It's a bit more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it.

Gifs can be time consuming but if you're a little familiar with Photoshop and want to learn how you can shoot me a PM. I'll send you a screen recording showing you how to make a simple gif.

If you're starting from scratch and have never used Photoshop before I would highly suggest going on Youtube and searching for stuff like "Photoshop for beginners" or "How to cut out an image" to make templates etc.. There's a ton of videos on that stuff.

One shooper used to make his gifs using a phone app. No idea what it was and can't recall who it was. But it was pretty impressive.

You can use the timeline in Photoshop to make GIFs. What you would do is import a GIF or MP4 file, Add some templates, convert them into smart objects and move them around your timeline.

It's a bit more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it.

Gifs can be time consuming but if you're a little familiar with Photoshop and want to learn how you can shoot me a PM. I'll send you a screen recording showing you how to make a simple gif.

If you're starting from scratch and have never used Photoshop before I would highly suggest going on Youtube and searching for stuff like "Photoshop for beginners" or "How to cut out an image" to make templates etc.. There's a ton of videos on that stuff.

One shooper used to make his gifs using a phone app. No idea what it was and can't recall who it was. But it was pretty impressive.
Thanks. Right after I made this post I saw the shoop tutorial thread and went through some of the tutorials. It helped a lot!

Just playing around new stuff in photoshop with curves, layer masks, shadows that kind of stuff. different types of blurs.

Shoop doesn't even make sense with his body and the grass and that fence added at the end. But i think
It looks kind of decent

Can't wait to implement some new techniques to future shoops.

lDZIiw0.jpeg

xLLGjDG.jpg

Last edited:
Just playing around new stuff in photoshop with curves, layer masks, shadows that kind of stuff. different types of blurs.

Curves is a powerhouse bud, you can do so much with it once you understand all the channels. It's not just for brightness.