PC Sherdog PC Build/Buy Thread, v6: My Power Supply Burned Down My House

LOL, someone is so dug in (while ignoring Windows & peripherals & respective CPUs) that he appears to forget that not everyone is on the same tax scheme.

Raw tenders don't stack up, chief.

LOL, someone is so dug in (while ignoring Windows & peripherals & respective CPUs) that he appears to forget that not everyone is on the same tax scheme.

Raw tenders don't stack up, chief.

I figured you'd be able to come up with those on your own without having to list them, but I forgot who I was dealing with.

Now you're resorting to taxes to try to save face. Taxes.
giphy.gif

This thread Blows Me Away ! You all rock with performance VS value on badass PC parts.

Last edited:
LOL, there are no $1109 builds. The PCPP builds simply don't match the pricing on Amazon. This can't be nitpicked away. Just another dumb take from the guy who championed the RTX 2060 over the RX 5700 XT at a time when the latter was $30 cheaper.
1700691322131.png

"Hey, guys, guys! I'm really good at PCPP! Watch me! Watch me, Dad! You were harmed by having your attention drawn to a decision that was entirely in your own hands! Now if you just divide by 3 and move the zero..."

In my head I hear this in Shelley Marsh's voice from South Park.

LOL, there are no $1109 builds. The PCPP builds simply don't match the pricing on Amazon. This can't be nitpicked away. Just another dumb take from the guy who championed the RTX 2060 over the RX 5700 XT at a time when the latter was $30 cheaper.
View attachment 1012598

"Hey, guys, guys! I'm really good at PCPP! Watch me! Watch me, Dad! You were harmed by having your attention drawn to a decision that was entirely in your own hands! Now if you just divide by 3 and move the zero..."

In my head I hear this in Shelley Marsh's voice from South Park.

Your post is $1029.99 and then "The strongest recommendation for the bottom builds is to buy a superior aftermarket CPU cooler".
So how much is an aftermarket gpu cooler? Post a link to your cheaper than $80 gpu cooler.

Thanks for posting a picture of what's going on in your mind. Now I know where these PCPP rant/self conversation thing you have going on is coming from.

"The PCPP builds simply don't match the pricing on Amazon." What are talking about?

I think you're so caught up in being right that you're completely missing the point.
My whole point was that if you bought that by the time you buy that $1029 system, and add an aftermarket GPU cooler, which costs money, you can build a system for that price.
And I proved that, no matter how much you want to wiggle out of it. You went from e-waste peripherals, which I added to my cost and came under your price. And then you start talking about taxes. That's getting desperate to try to win a conversation when you have to bring up the tax rate of different areas to try to get a win.

If you have the confidence to tear apart a gpu and put a different cooler on it, building the rest of the computer should be a breeze.

And the hanging onto the 5700xt vs 2060ti thing is pathetic. That was 4 years ago. 4. It really is like dealing with a woman. I can admit when I'm wrong, can you?

Last edited:
LOL, guy just can't stop bargaining to move the goalposts. A GPU cooler was never mentioned. At first I suspected that was a typo, now repeated, I see it was just a comprehension deficit.

LOL, guy just can't stop bargaining to move the goalposts. A GPU cooler was never mentioned. At first I suspected that was a typo, now repeated, I see it was just a comprehension deficit.

The guy brining up taxes, talking about moving the goal posts.
giphy.gif

LOL, kid trying to save face after misreading the post from the get-go (it's in the quotes). Gonna keep lecturing about the inabillity to admit fault when he just can't admit he was wrong.

Got the EK Nucles CR240 Lux AIO to replace my be Quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX, it's better and looks better too.

PFV0cC9.jpg

if anyone is near a Microcenter and wants a $25 off cpu coupon (instore only) shoot me a DM. Expires tomorrow and I'm not gonna be using it. last minite i know, but would rather it went to use to someone here

Just ordered a AMD Ryzen 5 7500F + GeForce RTX4700 setup but haven't gamed yet. How important is a UPS/AVR, really?

Just ordered a AMD Ryzen 5 7500F + GeForce RTX4700 setup but haven't gamed yet. How important is a UPS/AVR, really?
What is that?

And again, if anyone would care to tell me what a hotface card is, that would be delightful.

Well my self imposed christmas present from Microcenter didnt work : (

Mobo kept giving CPU faults. Then eventually boot giving a RAM fault resulting in the process repeating. Tried flashing the BIOS thinking it was a revision issue for 14900K with no success.

Unsure if i should return or exchange at the moment.

Well my self imposed christmas present from Microcenter didnt work : (

Mobo kept giving CPU faults. Then eventually boot giving a RAM fault resulting in the process repeating. Tried flashing the BIOS thinking it was a revision issue for 14900K with no success.

Unsure if i should return or exchange at the moment.
Was it open box?

What is that?

And again, if anyone would care to tell me what a hotface card is, that would be delightful.
This was already answered. "Hotface" just appears to be the branding. They're regular USB thumb drives aka flash drives.

Doesn't carry a ton of value. A 128GB AmazonBasics USB 3.1 thumb drive runs just $14:
www.amazon.com/dp/B0B6148YKN/

This was already answered. "Hotface" just appears to be the branding. They're regular USB thumb drives aka flash drives.

Doesn't carry a ton of value. A 128GB AmazonBasics USB 3.1 thumb drive runs just $14:
www.amazon.com/dp/B0B6148YKN/
Righto, I guess was still wondering aloud what its purpose is. Does it serve as a prefetch or some shit or is it just something tossed in for shits and giggles? I assume the latter from your response. Anyway it just strikes me as kind of odd.

Righto, I guess was still wondering aloud what its purpose is. Does it serve as a prefetch or some shit or is it just something tossed in for shits and giggles? I assume the latter from your response. Anyway it just strikes me as kind of odd.
It's just external storage: the easiest way to transport files externally. These just replaced DVD-RWs (which replace CD-RWs which replaced "floppy" diskettes which replaced the first, actual, physically floppy disks). Well, technically, Blu-Ray (re)writeable disks supplanted DVD-ROMs, but they were too expensive, so they never took off.

They're no difference than external storage drives which are actually a lot less cumbersome ever since USB 3.0 became the standard which started supplying enough power so that if you purchase the correct external drive you don't need a separate power brick (and its cord) to supply power to the drive. But while external storage drives may have a lot more storage, and have gotten a lot smaller in recent years, they still aren't nearly as small as "thumb" drives. Some of thumb drives even come with a little keychain attachment so you can loop them onto your keychain. That's how small they are. They're tiny.

It's just about size and convenience. Remember the standard single-lay DVD-ROMs only stored 4GB. Compare that to 128GB in that Amazon drive, or 32GB in the one that came with your wife's laptop.

They can also be very handy if you ever need to advanced troubleshooting. Because you can instruct your computer to boot from the USB flash drive instead of their interior drives. This can be used to do a major repair if Windows get busted. Alternatively, you can do a clean installation of Windows itself. You get the ISO of Windows, directly from Microsoft, use a freeware program called Rufus to format and install that ISO to the thumb drive, then you tell the computer in the motherboard BIOS to boot from the thumb drive. This is how most PC builders install an operating system to a brand new build. You simply enter the Windows license after you've installed it.

Or...you can run a completely different operating system off that bootable external flash drive without having to set up a true dual boot system internally. So you have a Windows PC, but you want to run Linux? You just install whichever flavor of Linux you desire to the thumb drive. Then tell the computer to prioritize the thumb drive in the boot order. When you start it, it will boot into Linux. Change the boot order priority back to the internal drive when you want to run Windows again.

Back