• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sherdog owes an apology to Stephen A Smith

stephen-a-smith-mitts.gif

@Kowboy On Sherdog I know you are a big time moderator and sorry to tag you in this but this thread should not have been moved to the Lightweights. It's none of the criteria of "Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc." It's a tweet that is relevant to UFC discussion that came out yesterday. The only reason I can see it being moved is because somebody didn't like the truth and they are probably one of the guys getting on Stephen A Smith's back, it's not right and it's persecution. Remember if you are silent during an injustice then you are just as bad as the oppressor.

Yeah, I guess some posters here saw that during the fight, some even said it before the fight. That’s what is going to happen and it did. I didn’t think Cowboy would just say it out loud, but there you have it.

I guess the fight game, half the time, is 90% mental.

<{Joewithit}>

Cowboy is one hell of a fighter, so well rounded and one of the best when he’s on. That is exactly why he’s not among the greatest, champions and double champions. He breaks, he doesn’t perform when the stakes are the highest.

So many fighters tell stories about training with Cowboy Cerrone, staying at his ranch where he had his own training facility and how Cerrone kicked their asses both standing and on the ground. He’s a legend, but yeah, he gave up on that one and didn’t want to be there.

I guess this Smith guy got so much slack of saying it because he’s not a fighter, he doesn’t know fighting, he’s not an insider in the sport. He was right, but it sounded disrespectful. ”Who’s he to talk like that about one of the greatest LWs?”

@Kowboy On Sherdog I know you are a big time moderator and sorry to tag you in this but this thread should not have been moved to the Lightweights. It's none of the criteria of "Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc." It's a tweet that is relevant to UFC discussion that came out yesterday. The only reason I can see it being moved is because somebody didn't like the truth and they are probably one of the guys getting on Stephen A Smith's back, it's not right and it's persecution. Remember if you are silent during an injustice then you are just as bad as the oppressor.

They don't give a shit about the posting criteria, it's whatever suits the individual mods whim at any given time.

Everyone who isn't a complete mong knew that Smith was obviously correct at the time. It's just that most MMA media members and fans are complete mongs.

The only question with this fight is whether Cowboy mentally collapsed or whether he outright threw the fight. While it is more likely that he just froze, perhaps the lady doth protest too much by openly talking about it...

If it is the conspiracy option, I don't think it was an explicit fix, perhaps Cowboy just knew that was expected of him as his end of the deal for getting the fight.

I wouldn't be surprised if we also see Chandler talking about 'being overwhelmed by the bright lights' too.

This would mean that Conor hasn't won an actual competitive MMA fight since Obama was in office against Eddie Alvarez on November 12, 2016.
Current odds:
Conor -115
Chandler -105
Chandler probably dominates Conor

And Chandler isn't even any good or competitive at the top of the division at this stage

Back