SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 77 movie!

Cycle 5 / Week 3: Pick the horror movie!

• Friday the 13th (1980)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seen all of them... had a coin-toss tournament to decide which to pick.

Best Sequel: #3 - Halloween 3: Season of the Witch. Come at me bros.

This is an opinion that should be much more common. A crazy irish cult out to murder American children on Halloween by squashing their puny skulls.

This guy was amazing as well

44.gif

Best Sequel: #10 - Jason X. Two words: Cyber Jason.

I'd like to remind you that Jason fought Carrie at one point.

Best Sequel: #7 - Wes Craven's New Nightmare, it went in a totally different and fresh direction than most other horror sequels.

The third one might be better... despite how absolutely idiotically stupid Lagenkamp's character ends.

Best Sequel: #3 or #6 - Although Hellraiser 2 is really the best of the rest, I'd say either 3 because it completely jumped the demon shark or 6 because the hero from the first two turned heel.

Never seen the Hellraiser sequels.

Well since Friday the 13th has been mathematically eliminated from competition, does anyone want to watch and talk about it tomorrow as a separate bonus SMC discussion?

Since tomorrow is Friday the 13th after all...

Well since Friday the 13th has been mathematically eliminated from competition, does anyone want to watch and talk about it tomorrow as a separate bonus SMC discussion?

Since tomorrow is Friday the 13th after all...

Late me think on that.

In the meantime, we have a situation.

RabidJesus voted in this poll but has since quit the Club. I'm trying to figure out if we should still count his vote since he had not yet resigned when the vote was cast.

What does everyone think about this?

Late me think on that.

RabidJesus voted in this poll but has since quit the Club. I'm trying to figure out if we should still count his vote since he had not yet resigned when the vote was cast.

Doesn't matter to me one way or another. Although @RabidJesus thought he was going to run out the back door when I wasn't looking.

Kane-choke-slam-Daniel-bryan-thru-table.gif

I don't see it to be a problem, makes the last vote more interesting. He voted when he was still a member, and has since bailed on the club and all we stood for - I say count it for now.

I don't see it to be a problem, makes the last vote more interesting. He voted when he was still a member, and has since bailed on the club and all we stood for - I say count it for now.

Indeed, that's probably the easiest way to go about it. Just remember that it's a traitorous vote.

lol at Halloween III. That's a sequel in name only. But count it if you must. Season of the witch indeed.

Late me think on that.

Voted then quit? What is this sabotage?!

Nail him up!

But yeah, I’m fine with the vote counting.

Muahahaha

Always working the devil's mischief, are we Caveat?

This week we'll be taking out second foray into the world of John Carpenter, after having previously visited his filmography with They Live.

Unlike the rest of the world, Halloween has always been more a middling-level Carpenter movie for me.

Look @shadow_priest_x , we can have a vote off if you want to remove the vote. As I said before, it doesn't matter to me one way or another. If I don't care and you don't care then we are already 20% of the club that doesn't care if the vote is removed.

What's more interesting to me is that @europe1 views Halloween as "middling-level" but voted for it.

Look @shadow_priest_x , we can have a vote off if you want to remove the vote. As I said before, it doesn't matter to me one way or another. If I don't care and you don't care then we are already 20% of the club that doesn't care if the vote is removed.

What's done is done at this point. No point in trying to backtrack now.

I think I'm going to also watch Hellraiser anyway though.

What's more interesting to me is that @europe1 views Halloween as "middling-level" but voted for it.

That is indeed interesting. I didn't catch that.

That is indeed interesting. I didn't catch that.

Since I've seen every film -- I held an epic, PPV-broadcasted coin-toss tournament between all the contestants to see who would get my vote.

And a middling-effort from Carpenter is still damn good in comparison to most human directors.

And a middling-effort from Carpenter is still damn good in comparison to most human directors.
As compared to...dog directors? Aliens? Sea Urchins?

Back