Sherdog double standards

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Ortega popped in 2014, 1st fight in the UFC :
"still my boy; He looks soft; Only popped once; He´s a humble kid; That was 3 years ago; But he apologized for his mistake; oh well, but USADA is ok with him now."

Cyborg popped only once in 2011 :
"Fuck that cheater; She´s ugly looks like Wanderlei; It doesn´t matter if she failed once, still a cheat; Who cares if it was not under USADA, she still cheated; everything she´s ever done is due to sterois."
<Fedor23>

By sherdog´s logic, nothing Ortega ever does in his undefeated career should really matter since he already popped for roids, therefore he should automatcially be considered a lying cheating scumbag for the rest of his career, right?

I think the overall consensus is popping once can be somewhat forgivable but pop again and you are cast down with sodomites.

I think the overall measuring stick is popping once can be somewhat forgivable but pop again and you are cast down with sodomites.
Well, Cyborg popped only once. I don´t see the same forgiveness with her.

20140725070726_IMG_8487.JPG

GettyImages-531281796-467x700.jpg

I dont care either way I say just let em all bang. I just think the eye test has something to do with no one giving a fuck about Ortega.

I think the difference is that most people don't believe that Cyborg is natural.

Rightly or wrongly... she fails the eyeball test... there was the instance last year where she notified of a potential USADA violation... she was granted a therapeutic use exemption retroactively but the fires of suspicion were further stoked...

And I can't help but shake my head when she posts Instagram pics and videos of her and friend Gabi Garcia... sorry, but I don't buy Gabi is natural in any way shape or form... it really is not a stretch to imagine that if there are people in Cyborg's inner circle using PED's, that she is also a proponent...

Cyborg is a hell of an athlete, but I still don't buy that she is clean... not for a second does she appear natural... perhaps I am wrong, but the past track record, the people she surrounds herself with, and the fact that I look at her and she looks like a textbook case of someone who is using testosterone...

Last edited:
Rhonda and Dana both said Cyborg is a dirty cheat.

They never said that about Ortega.

If most people are like me, they believe every word from Rhonda and Dana like the Gospel!

I guess I’m not one of the people the thread refers to. I am willing to forgive popping once (male or female) especially if the person takes accountability (which they rarely do).

I like Cyborg and Ortega. But I’ll probably be rooting for Holms.

Ortega popped in 2014, 1st fight in the UFC :
"still my boy; He looks soft; Only popped once; He´s a humble kid; That was 3 years ago; But he apologized for his mistake; oh well, but USADA is ok with him now."

Cyborg popped only once in 2011 :
"Fuck that cheater; She´s ugly looks like Wanderlei; It doesn´t matter if she failed once, still a cheat; Who cares if it was not under USADA, she still cheated; everything she´s ever done is due to sterois."
<Fedor23>

By sherdog´s logic, nothing Ortega ever does in his undefeated career should really matter since he already popped for roids, therefore he should automatcially be considered a lying cheating scumbag for the rest of his career, right?

She popped Sept, 2016, as well. Why didn’t she apply to get a TUE ?

I have strong moral stance when it comes to cheating. Ben Johnson broke my heart, at the 88 Olympics.

Cheaters can’t be GOAT.

GOATs don’t cheat...Simple.

Ortega got caught. Admitted it, and did his time. Of course he should be allowed to fight. But, for me there will always be an asterisk beside his name.

Just like every other cheater.

She popped Sept, 2016, as well. Why didn’t she apply to get a TUE ?

I have strong moral stance when it comes to cheating. Ben Johnson broke my heart, at the 88 Olympics.

Cheaters can’t be GOAT.

GOATs don’t cheat...Simple.

Ortega got caught. Admitted it, and did his time. Of course he should be allowed to fight. But, for me there will always be an asterisk beside his name.

Just like every other cheater.
I guess you didn´t get the memo? She got cleared by USADA.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...therweight-title-shot/?utm_term=.8a91c1b7ac08

Oh, thanks. Let´s use pictures as ultimate proof of steroid use. How retarded are you?
ronda-strong.jpg

OP called out Sherdog on double standards for different athletes testing positive. I just offered an explanation as to why the two people in his example are under different levels of scrutiny. Cyborg simply still looks very muscular and is female. While Ortega looks like an average gym goer. Its simply a possible explanation as to why the double standard might exist in the case of Cyborg and Ortega. Where in the world did I ever suggest that pictures are the ultimate proof for steroid use? If anything is retarded its your reading comprehension.

Ortega passes the sight test. There's a reason people keep messing with Borrachino

giphy.gif

Back