Shawn Michaels vs. Mankind In Your House

KONG-D'SNT-TAP

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Boy did these two bring it that night. Two of the best at their styles in a complete mismatch on paper turn out one of the better matches you'll see.

This is a must see for wrestling fans. What a shame we didn't get a full program between these two legends of wrestling. Both men have shoot interviews where they begged Vince for a full program. I think this might be the only time they wrestled outside of tag matches.

I don't know how to embed from Dailymotion if someone wants to be so kind.

Last edited:
Yeah it's an absolute classic. For a long time foley considered it his best. 96/97 HBK was off the charts talented.

Yes, that was a heck of a match, as physical as they come and made Shawn Michaels look almost like a tough guy. Definitely one of the best WWE matches of all time

Boy did these two bring it that night. Two of the best at their styles in a complete mismatch on paper turn out one of the better matches you'll see.

This is a must see for wrestling fans. What a shame we didn't get a full program between these two legends of wrestling. Both men have shoot interviews where they begged Vince for a full program. I think this might be the only time they wrestled outside of tag matches.

Mick says it's his favourite match; his best work.

It was super great.

His characterisation/ring psychology of his Mankind character was awesome. Must have felt like something new and exciting to fans at the time; loved the part where he stabs his leg with an implement to bring it back to life. Also enjoyed, after tasting the Mandible claw, Michaels working on his claw hand. And an underrated bump from the top rope to announce table.

Match deserved a proper finish, but I don't mind the outside interference.

Foley's best in-ring work of his career imo (and his).

Last edited:
It is my favorite Mankind match. They told a great story.

I wonder if the match still would've happened if HBK had dropped the title to Vader at the previous PPV like originally planned.

The match that proved HBK could do it all. You want a technical clinic? Shawn. You want a high flying spot fest? Shawn. You want an emotional storytelling match? Shawn. You want a physical brawl? Shawn.

That was my favorite match during Shawn's run.

Though I am pretty biased.

Back