Share a short folk story or a joke from your culture.

m25105

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll start. First short intro. Nasreddin was a famous sufi scholar, in the stories about him and the life he lead. He often rode on a donkey. People came to him for both legal and religious advice, or to just borrow something.

One day, a man came to Nasreddin's house. He knocked on his door and Nasreddin opened.
"Mulla", the man said. "I want to borrow your donkey."
"I am sorry" said Nasreddin, "but I have already lent it out."
As soon as he had spoken, the donkey brayed. The sound came from Nasreddin's stable.
"But Mulla, I can hear the donkey in there!"
Nasreddin scowled at first, but then said with dignity. "A man who believes the word of a donkey, over me, deserves to be lent nothing."

Ethan Allen was a Revolutionary War hero who “had occasion to visit England” shortly after peace was declared. During this trip, Allen’s British hosts pelted him with jokes about “Americans and General Washington in particular and one day they got a picture of General Washington” which was conspicuously hung up in an outhouse. Though he couldn’t have missed this painting, Allen never mentioned it. Eventually, the Brits asked if he’d spotted Washington’s likeness in the privy. Allen had, and added, “it was a very appropriate [place] for an Englishman to keep it … there is nothing that will make an Englishman sh*t so quick as the sight of Genl. Washington.”

Ethan Allen was a Revolutionary War hero who “had occasion to visit England” shortly after peace was declared. During this trip, Allen’s British hosts pelted him with jokes about “Americans and General Washington in particular and one day they got a picture of General Washington” which was conspicuously hung up in an outhouse. Though he couldn’t have missed this painting, Allen never mentioned it. Eventually, the Brits asked if he’d spotted Washington’s likeness in the privy. Allen had, and added, “it was a very appropriate [place] for an Englishman to keep it … there is nothing that will make an Englishman sh*t so quick as the sight of Genl. Washington.”

Good one!

In 1941 the Duke Ellington band released one of the great jazz-band tunes of all time- Take the A Train. In 1943 the Queen City Jazz Band of Toronto, Canada released a Canadian version of that, called Take the Train, Eh?

I don' think this is specific to Korean culture but a Korean told me this and I think it translates into English fine.
There was a young boy who would always loudly proclaim he had to go pee and this embarrassed his mother. To save herself embarrassment, she told her son that he had to "sing" when he had to pee. One day the boy's grandfather was looking after him while his mom had errands to run. Feeling the urge to pee, the boy told his grandfather, "Grandpa, I want to sing!"
The old man was delighted and told the boy, "Your grandfather is old and can't hear very well so why won't you sing into my ear?"

Sherdog translation:
the kid pissed into his grandpa's ear because his mom was probably fucking another dude behind her husband's back because women are vile whores.

We got tons of these lol

In the church dedicated to of our city's Patron Saint there's a pillar with two signs, like two little deep scratches

Logic explanation for it is that our Saint one day found Satan in the church (probably doing satanic shit) and instead shit in his pants he gone full Rocky Marciano and beated the crap out of Satan so hard that he's end up stuck in the pillar with his horns, and to get free he disappeared before he could get a second round of asswhooping, with the two little scratches as proof all of this definitely happened

Sound legit imho :D

Every town where I live is guarunteed to have 2things: A town retard. And a crazy Mary.

What happened to the Jew with an erection that walked into a wall?

He broke his nose

I'm not Jewish just an American asshole

I was driving through West Virginia when I happened to glance out and see two guys in a boat in the middle of a field. After staring at em and watching em row this boat for a few seconds I decided I had to do something. So I pulled over and got out.

“Hey”, I yelled. “You idiots are why people think West Virginians are idiots. If I had my swimming trunks I’d come out there and kick your ass.”

A couple of classic tales from NZ in the 80s.

Well, since I live in the Pine Barrens section of NJ I guess we have the Jersey Devil folklore.

Too lazy to type out some story though, so here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil

the-pinelands-preservation-act-of-1979-history.jpg

Where is this?

Long Island, NY. We have 2 counties. Each county has smaller incorporated villages (towns) with their own zip codes and post office. Maybe 60 towns in each county. Some are similar, some have a unique feel. Some are rich affluent, some are white trash, some are poor minority. But you will find a town retard in most that rides his bike to the 7-11. And most towns have a crazy Mary who pushes her shopping cart to nowhere.

German: 20th Centruy lol that wacky wars and stuff.

One evening in...September?

As far I remember

I was staggering down the road from side to side

When suddenly I stumbled

And in the muck I tumbled

Then a pig came down!
and lay by my side

A lady passerby was there to say:

Ya can tell the one what boozes
By the company he chooses

So the pig got up!
And politely walked away

(That’s Irish)

What did the Injun say when he first saw pizza...

"Who threw up on my fry bread"!!!

Hawaiian Joke:

Why did the Potagee stare at the Orange Juice Box?

Because it said "CONCENTRATE"

What happened to the Jew with an erection that walked into a wall?

He broke his nose

I'm not Jewish just an American asshole

Pretty much all the jokes we have are racist. I could tell like 20 n-word jokes just off the top of my head. I am not proud of this.

Back