Shane Del Rosario Brain-Dead & on Life Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not read all this...But what is his chance for survival? I actually thought he was dead on thanksgiving but then they said they were going to keep him plugged in until friday and then take him off because it's pretty much over...But it sounds like he's still on life support.

I didn't read all of this...too long

Wishing SDR can win this battle. I am hoping the twitter reports are true. God willing SDR can pull through this. A guy with a full life ahead of him, and it is just very painful to read about. May God bless SDR right now!

Interesting read. It answered a few questions i was always curious about. thanks m8

Thank you Aussie man. Close to what I had already assumed but didn't know. Sad situation. Doesn't sound good.

Just read this paragraph.

SDR is gone.

Thanks for the information doc.

Seconded. I'd read most of the other info in other places but I was still vague on what constitutes being "brain dead".

Sadly, it does appear that SDR is gone.

If you're going to make those claims, post dem credentials to back it up. Not that I disagree with you, didn't even read what you posted.

I've read they've taken him off life support and he has brain activity and has squeezed his mothers hand.

Seconded. I'd read most of the other info in other places but I was still vague on what constitutes being "brain dead".

Sadly, it does appear that SDR is gone.

He's been showing great signs of progress, look at the sticky thread at the top of the board.

Off life support, and responding very very very slightly to those around him.

BaWqRhPCMAAFKA5.jpg

I did not read all this...But what is his chance for survival? I actually thought he was dead on thanksgiving but then they said they were going to keep him plugged in until friday and then take him off because it's pretty much over...But it sounds like he's still on life support.

It sounds now like his chances of surviving are fairly good, if he's been off life support for a day. That's not at all the same as making a full recovery though. It's likely he'll have major problems going forward, and will never fully recover. Still, we can all hope for the best for him.

he isn't dead yet.

i saw the Dr. thread explaining some general things, but was curious if someone could confirm if "squeezing his mother's hand" (or surviving without life support for that matter) would basically guarantee he's not braindead? can you do either one while braindead? Also, if so- who in the hell reported "braindead" as his condition?

i saw the Dr. thread explaining some general things, but was curious if someone could confirm if "squeezing his mother's hand" (or surviving without life support for that matter) would basically guarantee he's not braindead? can you do either one while braindead? Also, if so- who in the hell reported "braindead" as his condition?

some people will read too much in muscle spams as signs.
Now i hole heatedly agree as i am neither a doctor nor present at his bed i cannot say one way or another which this is.

Now i hole heatedly agree as i am neither a doctor nor present at his bed i cannot say one way or another which this is.

what about him surviving without life support for a day so far? doesn't that guarantee his involuntary processes are working at least?

Yeah, all we have to go on are the reports posted on the internet, and those are almost all contradictory to each-other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back