Shane Carwin and Jon Jones

Carwin was a bad dude back in the day. I'll always remember him beating Mir nearly to death while Big Dan just stood there watching it happen lol

Back problems can make a man shorter. I've met retired NBA star Kevin McHale a couple of times in the past few years and he looks about 6'6" or 6'7" now. He was 6'10" or 6'11" in his prime. Maybe it's the same with Carwin.

he's too big to be unstoppable. his shitty cardio, low output, and lumbering movements aren't going to change no matter how much he trains because all of that is due to his physical size.
Maybe. Who knows if the dude started earlier and became a rumble/ngannou HW type. Just need to be efficient. He lost the Lesnar fight because he spammed so many punches. JDS fight he slimmed down maybe from injuries or something. But did fine with his minimal training.

Maybe. Who knows if the dude started earlier and became a rumble/ngannou HW type. Just need to be efficient. He lost the Lesnar fight because he spammed so many punches. JDS fight he slimmed down maybe from injuries or something. But did fine with his minimal training.

see, i thought JDS outclassed him in that fight. for me, i think he'd have been REALLY hard to deal with if he'd wrestle more in his fights. him being decent at wrestling and striking make both of those things go up at least 1 level from where he is, especially if he knows how to transition between the 2. depending on how good he was at the transitions, he'd possibly be a world beater like you say. in my opinion of course.

Carwin was relatively new to mma, just knew the basics and had power. Imagine had he started 10 years earlier with training, dude would've been unstoppable. It's crazy because he was already looked unbeatable, even into his title fight with Brock until his body shut down and he couldn't even continue in the 2nd round. Then he did some weird extreme slim down (maybe because of injuries) before his fight against JDS to try and fix his body issue and didn't look the same physically. Basically even when he lost it didn't feel like it was because of him as a fighter, just outside issues.

He had some D2 college wrestling before coming over but yeah, other than that dude was just swinging hammers at folks. I imagine after gassing the way he did vs brock he said fuck it, slim down and up that cardio. JDS said not today.

see, i thought JDS outclassed him in that fight. for me, i think he'd have been REALLY hard to deal with if he'd wrestle more in his fights. him being decent at wrestling and striking make both of those things go up at least 1 level from where he is, especially if he knows how to transition between the 2. depending on how good he was at the transitions, he'd possibly be a world beater like you say. in my opinion of course.
100% outclassed. But I was there at the time and for the lead up it was all about Carwin transforming into a cardio machine after the Brock fight when his body turned off. He basically lost his power and threat he used to have, he basically gave up his only edge over JDS and just boxed bell to bell. Either way Carwin was a late starter in mma, it would've been cool if he had the skillset most guys have at his age.

I wouldnt have recognized carwin like that

Back