Shamil Abdurahimov on why he KO’d Sherman: “He said I hit like a girl”

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Shamil Abdurahimov has put on some pillowfisted performances in the past, going the distance with Anthony Hamilton and point fighting against Derrick Lewis.

Chase Sherman before the fight, said in an interview that Shamil ‘Hits like a girl.’

Shamil took that to heart:
“I didn’t read the article until yesterday morning, but my wife just sent me the link of this interview,” Abdurakhimov told MMAjunkie after his win. “I read it. He was talking (expletive) about it that I fight like a girl. It motivates me more to come out and show him my boring fight.”

I was in Vegas over the weekend and this happened :(

2EA0AD0E-9149-421C-8251-66505B01AA9E.jpeg

tenor.gif

ehhh that was pretty early, there wasn't even a chance for follow up

Weren't that early of a stoppage imo. What was gonna happen there? Shamil was gonna punch him in the side of the head and Sherman would be flat out. No need to make Sherman go unconscious.

Eh...definitely didn't knock anybody out, and that was an early stoppage.
Odds are that Shamil could have easily finished that fight, but people have come back from much worse than that.
Guy was completely fine when the ref called it.

It wasn't an early stoppage the ref saved him from getting more damage

that angle doesn't show Sherman's face after he gets clocked by the last punch he was in la la land

@1:07 you could see what I mean

Shamil Abdurahimov has put on some pillowfisted performances in the past, going the distance with Anthony Hamilton and point fighting against Derrick Lewis.

Chase Sherman before the fight, said in an interview that Shamil ‘Hits like a girl.’

Shamil took that to heart:

"He called me Muthafucka!"

I don't get it. The over 1.5 failed you?

I picked Shamil to win but he also just needed to go over 1.5 rounds like he usually does, I mean, he landed 60+ strikes to the head on Anthony Hamilton and didn’t put him away!! It made sense

:(((

I picked Shamil to win but he also just needed to go over 1.5 rounds like he usually does, I mean, he landed 60+ strikes to the head on Anthony Hamilton and didn’t put him away!! It made sense

:(((
Man.... Bro.... Dude.....

I'm speechless.... I feel ya pain.... Guess it's time to bring out the grandmas panties... So close... If the ref had let it go a little longer...

Back