Seth MacFarlane's THE ORVILLE (Season 3 Coming to Hulu)

For now, if I have to change one actor, it would have to be the best friend/helmsman. He just seems so ordinary looking and bland.

I liked it.
Hopefully Fox don't f it up.

I for one didn't like it. At all. But hopefully it's just first episode jitters or whatever. Gotta get all the characters introduced etc. I suppose it takes a few episodes to grow so I'm not out yet.
I just don't hope they do like Futurama did in a lot of episodes. just visit a new place, get in danger, hilarity ensues..

I liked it. I was expecting a lot worse due to the negative reviews but it was entertaining.

I thought it was going to be a wacky parody of Star Trek with jokes every 30 seconds. Instead it was like Star Trek with a sense of humor. The makeup was great and the special effects were pretty good but shoddy in some places.

"You just got wood."
Same. The Cleveland Show is one of the worst shows in history, but barring that, the critics have shat on everything he has done. Originally they hated on Family Guy, too. They called it an ersatz and hackneyed Simpsons.

The bottom line is that the critics just don't get McFarland. Their sensibilities are all wrong when it comes to this guy. He has a natural gift for storytelling, and immersing his viewers in a suspension of disbelief. Somehow this eludes the critics again and again with him. I read this really compelling review about how the show was confused about what it wanted to be, comedic or serious, and that in its confusion, it didn't work.

Bollox. It isn't confused, and it worked. I'm going to keep tuning in.

expected many lols
got a few chuckles
disappointing
halston sage is very hot

From the trailer it seems like Seth is really the only funny person in the show, everyone else just kind of seems like a bland side character for him to hurl jokes at. Still looks better than most of the stuff Fox puts out, I'll check it out.

Seth puts out more than half of Fox's stuff.

Seth is an awful actor and I've never seen anything of his funny other than Family guy (which has been horrible for some time now)

American Dad outdid Family Guy for quite a while, there.

Watched and liked. Clearly a parody of TNG with a Mac Farlane twist. Will keep watching.

Agreed, seems like a good show in the making. They dont go overboard with humour, theres good action, it has a quality ST vibe and the crew seems to have potential for chemistry. Didnt read reviews but if the critics dont like it, F em.

I think they needed a 2 hour premiere. They crammed alot into the hour. It is interesting that critics destroyed it in reviews, but fans are giving it a 91% on rotten tomatoes.

Disappointed with Isaac in the first episode. They introduced him or his species as being legendary racist but he didn't say anything offensive or funny.

i enjoyed the orville. i wish it had a different "filming style", it's like a mixture of how a comedy and a "drama" are shot and it looks weird.

other then that, it felt like a star trek adjacent show, it's only the first episode so they'll tweak it along.

I think they needed a 2 hour premiere. They crammed alot into the hour. It is interesting that critics destroyed it in reviews, but fans are giving it a 91% on rotten tomatoes.
Very typical of a show with promise, out of touch critics being out of touch.

So long as the ratings are good and there's a fan base, it will do well

I really liked it. Some jokes fell flat, but I did see a bunch of them in previews already

As someone mentioned, it's Star Trek with humour, that didn't go over the top with jokes and actually told stories. It did feel a bit crammed as they introduced the crew but for a first effort, the cast showed chemistry

There's Star Trek magic brewing here! I'm very optimistic and can't wait for more!

I tried to watch this last night and made it to the point where his ex-wife shows up. Then I turned it off... don't have time for that shit.

I'm 50/50 on giving this a shot. I've never been a fan of the Star Trek series, though my whole family is, so I'm aware of the themes and characters. I like Macfarlane's sense of humor, though it can jump the shark (Cleveland show and American dad, sorry) quite often. His movies are decent, and Ted is great, so I just don't know. One day it'll be on and I won't turn it off.

Back