*Serious question for both, Alvarez and McGregor's fans and haters*

The fight is a coin toss in my eyes, but Alvarez has more ways to win. I think Alvarez would be smart to slow this fight down and grind out a decision win. I'm thinking he won't do that and instead one or the other is finished within two rounds or so.
dunno... would be a surprise after we saw what he boringly did to Pettis, and after Alvarez saw what Mcg did to force Aldo to play his game

I can't help but think that Conor puts this guy away. I can't see any situation where Eddie wins besides taking him down, but I think Conor is in Eddie's head. I think Eddie will try and stand and trade with him and get starched.

So you've clearly never seen Eddie fight. Where does this only wrestling beats Conor come from? Go watch some of eddies full fights. Eddie clearly has more ways to win than Conor, and the striking gap isn't as far apart as his fanboys make it seem.

I could see Alvarez grinding McGregor against cage for maybe a rd or 2

but there's no way he can deal with Conors power for 5 rds
Good that Mcgregor didnt start his carreer at UFC 1, right?

Open weight, no time limit... theres really NO WAY anyone could have handled his power for 90mns or more....

So you've clearly never seen Eddie fight. Where does this only wrestling beats Conor come from? Go watch some of eddies full fights. Eddie clearly has more ways to win than Conor, and the striking gap isn't as far apart as his fanboys make it seem.
Here I'll list a few reasons. We can both agree that reach can give a fighter a huge advantage, right?

Conor has a 5 inch reach advantage over Eddie.

Their striking isn't a far gap? Eddie lands on average close to 3.5 significant strikes per minute. Conor lands 6.

Conor has almost 50% accuracy on his strikes while Eddie has 43. Basically, Eddie throws less strikes and lands less.

The only edge that Eddie has in the striking game, is the fact he eats less strikes than Conor does, meaning his head movement is better. Head movement, like reach is a big tool right? So that is one aspect that Eddie could in fact, out strike Conor in. Throwing counter punches, kicks and knees. However, if Eddie cannot land his counters on Conor, then the issue becomes his accuracy. Every time I've seen Eddie fight, he fights with his heart on his sleeve, and leaves it all in the octagon, and I respect that. But Eddie has an issue with getting tagged, clinching, and then working for a take down where he holds the man down until the buzzer. That isn't a bad way to fight, because it ensures a win, but Eddie has to be aware that in order to take Conor down, he has to overcome that 5 inch reach advantage.

Also, Eddie has won 61% of his fights by knockout, Conor has won 85% by knockout. Conor is in Eddie's head, and I think Eddie will stupidly play into Conor's fight, and strike and trade.

Edward's career has been a blessing for him. Gifted decisions and title shots....he is extremely overrated. Of course, Sherdog will pretend like he's even worse than I tink he is after he is butchered by Conor, but that's another story.

There is not much Edward can do against Conor, besides just survive. He is a tough little oompa loompa, Ill give him that. But the right side of his chin is weak and his movements are predictable and labored and tailored to fit Conor's left hand. I predict he will not see the end of round one, and if otherwise, it will just be time put on the clock of me fearing for his safety.

I honestly believe it's gonna be a dominant win for Eddie. Truly.

Wouldn't bet on this one with someone else's money...Rooting for Eddie, but have also learned not to doubt Conor, no matter how irritating I have found him in the past. Could go either way.

Here I'll list a few reasons. We can both agree that reach can give a fighter a huge advantage, right?

Conor has a 5 inch reach advantage over Eddie.

Their striking isn't a far gap? Eddie lands on average close to 3.5 significant strikes per minute. Conor lands 6.

Conor has almost 50% accuracy on his strikes while Eddie has 43. Basically, Eddie throws less strikes and lands less.

The only edge that Eddie has in the striking game, is the fact he eats less strikes than Conor does, meaning his head movement is better. Head movement, like reach is a big tool right? So that is one aspect that Eddie could in fact, out strike Conor in. Throwing counter punches, kicks and knees. However, if Eddie cannot land his counters on Conor, then the issue becomes his accuracy. Every time I've seen Eddie fight, he fights with his heart on his sleeve, and leaves it all in the octagon, and I respect that. But Eddie has an issue with getting tagged, clinching, and then working for a take down where he holds the man down until the buzzer. That isn't a bad way to fight, because it ensures a win, but Eddie has to be aware that in order to take Conor down, he has to overcome that 5 inch reach advantage.

Also, Eddie has won 61% of his fights by knockout, Conor has won 85% by knockout. Conor is in Eddie's head, and I think Eddie will stupidly play into Conor's fight, and strike and trade.

Your complete arguement is null and void due to the gap in quality of each fighters opponents. Your stats are skewed. That was easy.

I'm going to predict a Bisping v Hendo 2 type of result. Conor catches him with some beauties early then Eddie grinds out the next few rounds to take a decision and everyone goes bezerk on here.

Well, I think Conor has a good chance to KO Eddie. But he has to have improved enough to make his space. If he hasn't, then Eddie is going to take this one.

Either guy could definitely win this fight. Wouldnt be surprised with a first or 2nd round (t)ko for Conor. If Conor gasses out he could be in trouble against a good grappler in Eddie but I honestly haven't seen enough of his fights to accurately judge how good his takedowns, grappling and gnp are.

Alvarez does have a good chin and the threat of the takedown could help him surprise Conor. Wouldnt be too surprised to see Conor get finished eithe

It depends on basics like how many arms and fists each man brings into the octagon on the night. I can't count that high so that's where I have to leave it.

Can't wait for it

" Eddie was tailor made for Conor "

" Conor again fighting the smaller man ,"

" Khabaib Will ragdoll him "

I think Conor is definitely gonna hit him clean early, I'm just curious as to how Eddie's chin holds up. If he can take Conor's shots, he has a good chance. Conor could drop guys at the lower classes with one good shot, but this is a bigger class. I'm curious to see how Conor will take Eddie's shots as well. He seems to hit harder than Nate, and has some pop in those hands - although he wings his punches a bit too much for my taste.....

Your complete arguement is null and void due to the gap in quality of each fighters opponents. Your stats are skewed. That was easy.
Sir, I pulled those stats straight from UFC.com - I understand the truth is a hard pill to swallow, but if you don't take the time to fact check my stats, then you have no right to discredit me. The stats do not lie, and neither does Conor ;) Eddie will do nootin'

Just watch the Alvarez vs chandler fights. May change your mind. Also have h see. What Eddie looks like at weigh Ins? Dude looks insane. Neither guy will be intimidated.
Yeah I saw the second one. He looked awful @4-5.

Back