Serious Claim: Khabib’s boxing is hugely underrated

I never said his boxing was up to scratch to compete with Conor’s, because f*ck me that couldn’t be further from the truth. I just think it gets over looked and is underrated.
But I don’t know about that. Sure there’s a chance but it seems you’re underestimating Bibs chin lol

The problem is if you don’t say “conor head clean off” or use slept conor fans get confused.

How hilarious would it be if Khabib ended up KOing Conor on the feet? This place would implode on itself.
A black hole would form inside the octagon consuming the earth. I’m sure of it. The laws of physics couldn’t take it

Khabib's russian boxing will confuse Conor

Even Al talks about how effective it is

Cliffs:

Al says people say khabib had his head up, but he (Al) hits everyone, but he couldn't hit khabib--khabib was hard to hit.

Khabib's striking was good.

Al felt a step behind Khabib

Khabib's jab was good

The Russians have a different style of boxing. Al couldn't get his combos off.

Khabib's russian boxing will confuse Conor

Even Al talks about how effective it is

Cliffs:

Al says people say khabib had his head up, but he (Al) hits everyone, but he couldn't hit khabib--khabib was hard to hit.

Khabib's striking was good.

Al felt a step behind Khabib

Khabib's jab was good

The Russians have a different style of boxing. Al couldn't get his combos off.
It’s the way he hides behind his hands like constantly combined with very impressive head movement,& yeah jab is great as well

I'm sure he has been willing to stand and strike more to practice his striking and get more comfortable overall striking. But no one he has stood on the feet with strikes like Mcgregor with his speed and accuracy

You're right. His standup is very underated because his grappling is so outstanding

i believe the way he hides behind his hands and places his punches is actually seriously impressive and gets overlooked, power is solid but not all the way there, but yeah I genuinely believe this, his boxing is actually pretty tight considering he never really trained it all that much when he was younger

<{cruzshake}>

This is so awful.

You know you is an underrated striker? Jake Shields.

Khabib legit outstruck Iaquinta and RDA

He even landed some heavy shots on Barboza

People thinking he's Brock in boxing are noobs. He's good enough to avoid damage and wrestlefuck Conor.

Khabib legit outstruck Iaquinta and RDA

He even landed some heavy shots on Barboza

People thinking he's Brock in boxing are noobs. He's good enough to avoid damage and wrestlefuck Conor.

The caveat is though he out struck Iaquinta after he wore him down with takedowns early on, ditto with Barboza and I believe RDA too. That's about the only way he'd have any chance striking against Conor, if he tires him out with takedowns and ground and pound in the early rounds he'd be able to make it look like his striking was effective in say round 5 as Conor's cardio is questionable at best and he'd gas. If Conor doesnt get Khabib out of there in the first 2 rounds I'd say he has almost zero chance of winning.

His striking is good enough to get him thru but terrible when compared to actual strikers in UFC. Effectiveness is what matters and Khabib has it.

His striking is good enough to get him thru but terrible when compared to actual strikers in UFC. Effectiveness is what matters and Khabib has it.
Yup. I doubt his boxing will improve all that much as well, boxing is one of this skills you should learn at a young age and let muscle memory aid you

His def seems to be pretty good since he rarely gets hit w a solid shot. It looks awkward but his jab is good, his uppercut is good. Everyone gets hit period.. But khabib does a great job using the threat of the td to get people moving backwards and against the fence. His boxing is good. Hot great but definitely fits his gameplan well.

Spaghetti noodles defence is going to shock the world.

i believe the way he hides behind his hands and places his punches is actually seriously impressive and gets overlooked, power is solid but not all the way there, but yeah I genuinely believe this, his boxing is actually pretty tight considering he never really trained it all that much when he was younger

He was champ in sambo so its not like he wreestled hes whole life and just started training striking a couple of years ago. Imo hes striking is on the level of a great athleat that trained striking for 6 months. He got some seriouse bad newbie habbits going on that seems to be so intergrated to hes style that it would take him a long time to correct. A super bad techniqual striker can always have great power and speed though.

chin-time.gif

That rear uppercut will get him in trouble one day
UnrulyAdoredFawn-size_restricted.gif

Over extended as he stepped in and got himself in trouble, did well to keep his hands up and block/deflect tho
DirtyDismalIbadanmalimbe.gif

Not sure what’s going on with his feet here!
VioletSickJellyfish-size_restricted.gif

Does well to put Al on the fence, not sure about that front kick with the turn and run.
ClearcutEnragedAmurstarfish.gif

Has done a lot of swinging with his head down looking at the floor but I didn’t notice it much in his most recent fights. The charging seems very Ronda esq. Less said about the knee the better.

Granted his jab looked decent in the last rounds against Al but he had decided to squat in attempt to fight off the TD so....
What make the Connor fight interesting is that he will use his distance to stop the TD rather than trying to fight it off after it’s happened (as barboza, Al and Johnson all did)
I have no doubt if he gets hold of Conor it’s all but over and I will say he has looked less wild in his most recent bouts which bodes well for him but I think the perception that he has below par(but not awful) striking is about right. Lucky for him his ground game is so intimidating that he been able to get away with it.

Back