Sergei is nothing new or special.

Mack Yancy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Sergei vs Jones isn't the fight that the 'die hard fans' want to see, it's a fight the die hard jones haters want to see. This is Alex Pereria all over again just at HW. In fact that's an insult to Alex, because Alex really is a marvel at Muay Thai. Sergei is just another explosive youngish HW.

<Fedor23>

We've been here before. In the ridiculously and historically talent-thin HW division it never took much for a decent puncher with heavy hands to rise to the top fairly quickly. I remember when Shane Carwin was doing the same, I remember when Junior Dos Santos was doing the same. Hell if you go back far enough there was a time when motherfucking Todd Duffee was doing the same. That's just the nature of the division.

<{titihmm}>

Now this isn't to say that Sergei is bad, he's just nothing revolutionary. His hand-speed is above average, his footwork is meh, and his chin aint all that. Now in the joke that is the HW division, all of that is more than enough to rise to the top. But lets not pretend that this is some new boogeyman challenge that Jon or even Cyril Gane hasn't seen before.
1242236350.0.jpg

There is a reason that Pav fans don't want him to fight Gane and it isn't the reason they are telling you.
<BC1>

LOL yeah I'm sure die hard fans want to see a fight between Jones and a 41 year old Stipe.

7Oi4t9X.gif

Die hard fans probably realise that Jones is in the twilight of his career and taking legacy fights. Stipe isn't in his prime but his resume shits all over Sergei's and that what will bring eyes to the fight. Business wise, from Jones and Stipe's perspective it makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is how quickly you yahoos jump from one hype train to another before sliding off into the void when they crash an burn.

Agreed. Genuine lol @ the perpetual delusion of fans who continuously hype up one dimensional strikers who get a streak going and act like Jones needs to "prove himself" against this guy. I swear these must be the same guys who think a waitress is hitting on them for bringing out their food like the desperation is real <Lmaoo>

Sergei vs Jones isn't the fight that the 'die hard fans' want to see, it's a fight the die hard jones haters want to see. This is Alex Pereria all over again just at HW. In fact that's an insult to Alex, because Alex really is a marvel at Muay Thai. Sergei is just another explosive youngish HW.

<Fedor23>

We've been here before. In the ridiculously and historically talent-thin HW division it never took much for a decent puncher with heavy hands to rise to the top fairly quickly. I remember when Shane Carwin was doing the same, I remember when Junior Dos Santos was doing the same. Hell if you go back far enough there was a time when motherfucking Todd Duffee was doing the same. That's just the nature of the division.

<{titihmm}>

Now this isn't to say that Sergei is bad, he's just nothing revolutionary. His hand-speed is above average, his footwork is meh, and his chin aint all that. Now in the joke that is the HW division, all of that is more than enough to rise to the top. But lets not pretend that this is some new boogeyman challenge that Jon or even Cyril Gane hasn't seen before.
1242236350.0.jpg

There is a reason that Pav fans don't want him to fight Gane and it isn't the reason they are telling you.
<BC1>

Splendid post OP.
Nailed everything. We'll done.

I’d love to see this fight and I’m not a Jones hater. Just think it would be very interesting exciting. If I was a betting man I’d still put my money on jones.

It's actually not extremely exciting though. Jones has fought plenty of 'dangerous strikers' and the result always ends up the same.

If Sergei is something different then let him prove it against Gane.

Pav probably is the best wrestler in HW division as well. Khabib has trained with him and said he has amazing wrestling, plus he has a wrestling background in russia, which si 10x more valuable than having a wrestling background in USA.

Do you know anything about wrestling? Kyle Snyder has 3 Ivan Yarygin gold medals, that's a all Russian tournament where wrestlers from each republic of Russia compete (Ossetia, Chechnya, Dagestan, Sakha, Ingushetia, Kabardia etc) and then invites are sent out to a few international guys. That means they literally ran the gauntlet of the best Russians in their weight class. David Taylor won it as well, Dake got silver, Americans often medal at this and again...to medal at the Ivan Yarygin means you ran through many of Russias best wrestlers.

Russia is the best at wrestling for sure, but often times top Russians lose to US, Georgian, Iranian and Japanese wrestlers among others. 10x better all this shit, you sound stupid.

Last edited:
It's actually not extremely exciting though. Jones has fought plenty of 'dangerous strikers' and the result always ends up the same.

If Sergei is something different then let him prove it against Gane.

Lol excitement is subjective kiddo. Yes that would be a great fight too. Feeling better after your outburst now?

Reactions: HHJ
Back