Serena Williams 'Won't Be Silent' About Police Violence

skysolo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
In an emotional Facebook post that referenced the controversial shooting death of Philando Castile in Minnesota at the hands of law enforcement, Williams wrote: "I am a total believer that not 'everyone' is bad it is just the ones that are ignorant, afraid, uneducated and insensitive that is affecting millions and millions of lives. Why did I have to think about this in 2016? Have we not gone through enough, opened so many doors, impacted billions of lives?"
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/serena-williams-won-t-be-silent-about-police-violence-n656061

I can't tell you how much this annoys me. Serena Williams' sister was a victim of black on black gang violence. Yetunde Williams was shot in a drive by shooting in Compton in 2003. Yetunde Price was killed by a Black person.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-196135/Williams-sister-dies-shooting.html

Williams' has never, EVER spoken out about the gang violence in her hometown of Compton. In fact, she is a hypocrite. Here she is crip walking.

The Crip Walk, also known as the C-Walk, is a dance move that originated in the early 1970s by Crip gang members from the South Central Los Angeles area, and has since spread worldwide.[1] The dance is primarily an act of performing quick and intricate footwork.

Last edited:
Other than bad grammar, her FB post is not that bad, considering the other tweets we've seen. At least she makes an effort to say that it's "not all".

So glad to see a strong black woman like her make a stand. Especially in an almost all white world like tennis she could make an impact

Other than bad grammar, her FB post is not that bad, considering the other tweets we've seen. At least she makes an effort to say that it's "not all".
I hear ya. We can generalize police but generalizing Black folks is bad.

I don't really care if she thinks it's everyone or not. She has been mum on Black violence in Black neighborhoods, especially since she is an actual victim. How many of her sisters have been killed by racist white police?

I hear ya. We can generalize police but generalizing Black folks is bad.

I don't really care if she thinks it's everyone or not. She has been mum on Black violence in Black neighborhoods, especially since she is an actual victim. How many of her sisters have been killed by racist white police?

She's being irrational, but it's not an egregious post.

Probably not, she is a hypocrite though.

I guess I've been desensitized by stupidity. When people decide to take a stance like this, they usually end up saying the most vile crap that this post seems fine to me on a human level. Intellectually, it leaves something to be desired, but like I said, it's not that bad. Dat grammar, tho.

Statistically, she is more likely to be murdered by a black person than by a cop, but this is likely virtue signaling. Everyone else is doing it, why not her?

Last edited:
It's funny that famous people don't typically tell the urban blacks to get their act together. It's more popular to blame the cops for all the urban black community's problems.

She says "she won't be silent." Well she's silent about where the vast majority of the real problem lies. And that is in the conduct of the inner city thug.

I'm not sure why I should give a damn what she thinks.

We don't have a problem with people not speaking up. We have a problem with people who don't know anything speaking up and acting important. But they never actually offer up real solutions or even explanations of what's happening.

She didn't speak publicly about her sister's death. She didn't have to. The killer was caught and tried and convicted. There was never any concern that it wouldn't be investigated. She did make sure he was convicted and she spoke at the trial.

Serena knows whats up.

love that TS showed the crip walk video. its pretty awesome and white ppl getting salty over sillyness is always a laugh.

the greatest female athlete who has dominated a white sport and became the face of it. Also no player get more racist abuse than Serena online. Every youtube video and article is full of butthurt white people

Serena knows whats up.

love that TS showed the crip walk video. its pretty awesome and white ppl getting salty over sillyness is always a laugh.
Am I white?

She knows what is up huh? Her sister was killed by member of a gang she glorifies. That is what is up.

She didn't speak publicly about her sister's death. She didn't have to. The killer was caught and tried and convicted. There was never any concern that it wouldn't be investigated. She did make sure he was convicted and she spoke at the trial.
She didn't have to speak about police violence. She is a direct victim of gang violence and she said nothing. She didn't have to explicitly mention her sister but she is a hypocrite.

Btw Robert Edward Maxfield (Yetunde Price's killer) had two mistrials and then pleaded no contest.

It's funny that famous people don't typically tell the urban blacks to get their act together. It's more popular to blame the cops for all the urban black community's problems.

She says "she won't be silent." Well she's silent about where the vast majority of the real problem lies. And that is in the conduct of the inner city thug.
She is a direct victim of gang violence and she has never spoken out against it. What loosened her tongue about police shootings? What am I missing here?

Good, good for her.

All one really has to do is comply

She is a direct victim of gang violence and she has never spoken out against it. What loosened her tongue about police shootings? What am I missing here?
Our country is infected with a leftist cancer of political correctness. We can't even identify and talk about the main problem.

Back