Senate Intelligence Committee to question Jared Kushner over unreported Russian meetings

Big Nasty Edison

Excellence of execution belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Senate Intelligence Committee to question Jared Kushner over unreported Russian meetings

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/27/us/politics/senate-jared-kushner-russia.html?_r=0

Senate investigators plan to question Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and a close adviser, as part of their broad inquiry into ties between Trump associates and Russian officials or others linked to the Kremlin, according to administration and congressional officials.

The White House Counsel’s Office was informed this month that the Senate Intelligence Committee, which is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, wanted to question Mr. Kushner about meetings he arranged with the Russian ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, according to the government officials. The meetings, which took place during the transition, included a previously unreported sit-down with the head of Russia’s state-owned development bank.

More contacts with Russians that were kept secret? Color me shocked.

The thing that should worry Libs, is that these guys(Manafort, Kushner, etc) are volunteering information about their contact with Russians.

Sounds like they have nothing to hide. If they were stonewalling them, that would raise alarm bells. This just seems like protocol for the investigation.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

It's always the Russians! Put up or shut up!
It+was+putin+it+was+the+russians+hillary+blames_5a6652_6118916.jpg

The thing that should worry Libs, is that these guys(Manafort, Kushner, etc) are volunteering information about their contact with Russians.

Sounds like they have nothing to hide. If they were stonewalling them, that would raise alarm bells. This just seems like protocol for the investigation.

>Nothing to hide

>Didn't report it to begin with

<23>

"I don't know why you guys find it odd that the son in law of a presidential candidate met with the head of a Russian owned bank that is on the US Sanctions list" - some Trump voter

1gjdAX7.gif

The thing that should worry people is that Trump being impeached means President Pence.

So i for certain as one of the most virulent anti-Trump posters in this board, will pray for President Trump to serve his 4 years.

Probably a bigger deal for the optics of it than any specific information he will ultimately reveal. I assume that all of Trump's inner circle campaign leaders will be called in time. I'd be very surprised if these inquiries turn up huge bombshells, but there's room for scandal in the mundane here too.

Manafort got millions from the Russians and never reported it. Manafort did not volunteer, because what he was doing was fucking illegal. Manafort had about 12 million reasons to hide.

From what I understand there's no concern about wrongdoing on Kushner's part. But the meetings were not disclosed when they were supposed to be, which seems to be a consistent problem with the administration. Additionally, the bank is on the U.S. sanctions list so there is going to be some questions about what this sanctioned bank told the President's son-in-law or asked of him.

But while there's nothing to indicate that Kushner did anything wrong as a result of the meeting itself, it might give investigators some ideas about where to focus more effort later.

Manafort got millions from the Russians and never reported it. Manafort did not volunteer, because what he was doing was fucking illegal. Manafort had about 12 million reasons to hide.

Except he's not hiding. He's already volunteered himself to be interviewed, and has consistently denied any wrongdoing.

But hey, keep taking the Libby media spin as 100% fact, and set yourselves up for an election day-like massive disappointment/hissy fit when the official story doesn't line up with the Libby narrative.

Stop embarrassing yourself guys. There's no Trump/Russia conspiracy you loons.

They should also ask him about the 200 million he just got handed from a Chinese mystery consortium. And maybe also the billions he owes to various Chinese interests.

Back