Sean O'Malley is in the third main card fight of a PPV? Sage/Page redux?

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
http://www.ufc.ca/event/UFC-222?f1=Sean-O-Malley&f2=Andre-Soukhamthath

This dude is 23, totally unrefined and just went life and death with a journeyman in his UFC debut. Now, he's facing a guy that I had to look up on fight finder in a match up that should be on the Fight Pass portion of a Fight Night.

Yeah, I know that UFC 222 is a shitty card that fell apart after Holloway dropped out, but this kid has no business on a PPV main card.

Why does Dana keep doing this shit over and over again? The guy has a hard on for pushing unproven gimmick fighters while shitting on (or completely ignoring) established contenders/champions.

I think maybe they hope for it to be a good stand and bang bout. Good for casuals and most hardcores.

Edit: Just looked at the card and there are 3 bouts on the main that are less deserving.

I'm assuming this is a Calvin Kattar/Shane Burgos situation where both are relatively unknown but the bout promises to be entertaining as hell. Both dudes will most likely stand and trade the whole time.

It’s cuz this dude will slug it out and it’ll be a fun fight he’s flashy and young. I think he has some potential time will tell how good he’ll be but who else on that card is worth anything over them haha it’s a crap card

I like O' Malley. He's from my home state, and has an exciting stand up game. I have only seen like 4 fights from him, but he looks promising (haven't seen a whole lot of his ground game.)

With that said, Dana is horrible at picking out talent. He seems to usually only sign people (on looking for a fight or DWTNCS) who produce flashy knockouts, and will mug for a camera. I understand that from a business side, but too often his picks come and lose.

Last edited:
It’s cuz this dude will slug it out and it’ll be a fun fight he’s flashy and young. I think he has some potential time will tell how good he’ll be but who else on that card is worth anything over them haha it’s a crap card

Frankie vs. Ortega.

Asian sensation is a live dog

+250 plus in some places

Guy Is a legit striker should probably be 3-0 in UFC ( 2-1 at worst ) and finally let his hands go against Saunders and finished him

You gotta try and build some stars at some point.

Frankie vs. Ortega.
Yaaaa that’s the comain Sean isn’t the comain lol what other fight down the card should be over Sean fight at 3 none really might as well hype up this kid and see what he’s got

Yaaaa that’s the comain Sean isn’t the comain lol what other fight down the card should be over Sean fight at 3 none really might as well hype up this kid and see what he’s got

You asked what was worth anything over them. I answered. I gave you The Answer.

Irish last name, CHECK. Stupid chest tattoo, CHECK

Nothing new. They did the same with Calvillo and her first two fights. Kalindra Faria and Mara Romero Borella got the Main Card treatment too.

It's new. I like it. Like Boxing, it's a good way to showcase younger fighters. Plus they are less likely to pullout and ruin the Main Card like an aging vet would and usually does.

Asian sensation is a live dog

+250 plus in some places

Guy Is a legit striker should probably be 3-0 in UFC ( 2-1 at worst ) and finally let his hands go against Saunders and finished him
Sanders*. Everyone finishes Saunders and Jouban will do the same

Sanders*. Everyone finishes Saunders and Jouban will do the same

Wrong Guy / Not even close to the same weight class -- Luke Sanders not Ben Saunders

Im referring to Luke Sanders Who was 11-1 and had never been finished by strikes

He dropped Perez 3x too --- O'Malley striking defense hasn't looked that guy at +250 good value on Andre

Jon Jones was UFC champ at 23 years old in the LHW division. All these young fighters really put Jon Jones' GOATness in perspective.

The dude has nice hands, but that's about it... and his body doesn't exactly give me confidence that he's ready for the grind of a pro MMA career... 5'11/135? come on son

http://www.ufc.ca/event/UFC-222?f1=Sean-O-Malley&f2=Andre-Soukhamthath

This dude is 23, totally unrefined and just went life and death with a journeyman in his UFC debut. Now, he's facing a guy that I had to look up on fight finder in a match up that should be on the Fight Pass portion of a Fight Night.

Yeah, I know that UFC 222 is a shitty card that fell apart after Holloway dropped out, but this kid has no business on a PPV main card.

Why does Dana keep doing this shit over and over again? The guy has a hard on for pushing unproven gimmick fighters while shitting on (or completely ignoring) established contenders/champions.
I was wondering the same. I recently saw a interview with Dana where he was hyping up the card and he mentioned the Cyborg and O’Malley fights before he mentioned Ortega and Frankie.

Why do people still complain about stuff like this? The ufc owners are in it to make money. Of course they're gonna push guys that have a personality and that fans might get behind. I'm sure if he fails to perform he won't be on too many more main cards

Wrong Guy / Not even close to the same weight class -- Luke Sanders not Ben Saunders

Im referring to Luke Sanders Who was 11-1 and had never been finished by strikes

He dropped Perez 3x too --- O'Malley striking defense hasn't looked that guy at +250 good value on Andre
Yeh that's what I just said

Back