Movies Se7en vs. The Usual Suspects - Which is the better film?

Which is the better film?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Brilliant endings to both films imo.

Se7en - (plot summary):

Two police detectives - one, Somerset, about to retire and the other, Mills, just transferred into the precinct - investigate the murder of an obese man.

On his wall was written the word "Gluttony". Then they are alerted to the murder of a lawyer. On his floor was written the word "Greed".

Somerset suspects that the murders were the work of the same man, a man murdering people who have committed the seven deadly sins.

The Usual Suspects - (plot summary):

Police investigating an exploded boat on a San Pedro pier discover 27 bodies and $91 million worth of drug money.

The only survivors are a severely burned and very scared Hungarian terrorist and Verbal Kint, a crippled con-man.

Reluctantly, Kint is pressured into explaining exactly what happened on the boat.

His story begins six weeks earlier with five criminals being dragged in by New York police desperate for suspects on a hijacked truck and ends with the possible identification of a criminal mastermind.

71ivyTtPwoL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

27115572_datamatics.jpg

Kevin Spacey practicing being a shit human in both movies

Se7en
d2b622ff8bf8f3aaf2f43b8ba3d036bd.jpg

Usual Suspects is great, but surprisingly not very rewatchable, IMO

I think Usual Suspects ace in the hole is getting Gabriel Bryne to basically redo his Millers Crossing character, take a great performance not many people watched and reuse it.

Last edited:
I actually found US more rewatchable than Seven.

Both are great but US by rewatchability.

Usual Suspects but Seven is also brilliant.

Usually Suspects. Probably makes my top five film list.

Se7en is outstanding, but TUS is better imo

Back