Scouting Report: Joe Rogan

herra

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Many threads have been created recently about how Joe Rogan would do if he pursed a professional mixed martial arts career. Some say he would be a can while some say he would be championship material. To add to this current trending topic, how would his scouting report look like? If I was to write a scouting report on Joe Rogan, it would be something like this. Feel free to add to the list or submit your own scouting report.

Positives
* Powerful kicker. Strong spinning back kick. Possess KO in the feet.
* Breadth of knowledge of MMA techniques.
*10th planet black belt.
*Above average strength for his size.
*Above Average flexibility
*Wealth. Can afford top level training.

Negatives
* 10th planet black belt.
* Terrible cardio and stamina. Might get exposed if the fight goes beyond 2 mins.
* Not overly athletic, quick, or fast.
* Seems stuck in the old school MMA training philosophy, but appears to be open to newer philosophies.
*No physical advantages for his weight division.

DRAFT GRADE: B-

Bravo.png

Tony's 10th planet black belt won him a world championship:)

Prime Rogan would've done alright

In the golden era, Rogan murders all those cans.

In the modern era, Rogan gets murdered by USADA.

Imagine Rogan with out his supplements. It's a sad sight.

Today? Who knows.

Amateur kickboxing + BJJ brown belt (i think he was at the time) would have been great pro level skills in 1995. Apparently he got headaches and stuff while kickboxing though, so maybe his career would have been cut short from brain trauma.

Early stoppage. BS.

In the golden era, Rogan murders all those cans.

In the modern era, Rogan gets murdered by USADA.

Imagine Rogan with out his supplements. It's a sad sight.
As far as actual fighting is concerned, he would get smashed now. But in terms of physique, Joe without supplements would still look damn good for 50. He works out like a maniac and supposedly has an extremely healthy diet. I can't see how it would be a "sad sight."

As far as actual fighting is concerned, he would get smashed now. But in terms of physique, Joe without supplements would still look damn good for 50. He works out like a maniac and supposedly has an extremely healthy diet. I can't see how it would be a "sad sight."
And how do you think Rogan makes those decisions in the first place? With the help of Alpha Brain, which is on the USADA banned list.

Maybe if you were on Alpha Brain yourself, you would've been able to figure that out. I suggest you head over to the Onnit website immediately and pick some up. Don't forget to use code JRE18 for 10% off on orders $50 and over.

Bravo.png

Tony's 10th planet black belt won him a world championship:)
Tony is an excellent all-around fighter. He a very strong wrestling background that supplements his 10th planet jujistu black belt. Rogan doesn't have wrestling , especially at Tony's level.

And how do you think Rogan makes those decisions in the first place? With the help of Alpha Brain, which is on the USADA banned list.

Maybe if you were on Alpha Brain yourself, you would've been able to figure that out. I suggest you head over to the Onnit website immediately and pick some up. Don't forget to use code JRE18 for 10% off on orders $50 and over.
Yes, taking Alpha Brain is the only way that a person would make the decision to work out a lot and maintain a healthy diet. What a logical post.

He would of been a contender.

<30>

In the early UFC era

<36>
Rogan said he's 5'8 and 180-190 on one of his podcasts, so he would have faced Rich Franklin and Anderson Silva in the early UFC. I don't think Rogan beats them. Anderson Silva and Franklin KO's him easily.

Many threads have been created recently about how Joe Rogan would do if he pursed a professional mixed martial arts career. Some say he would be a can while some say he would be championship material. To add to this current trending topic, how would his scouting report look like? If I was to write a scouting report on Joe Rogan, it would be something like this. Feel free to add to the list or submit your own scouting report.

Positives
* Powerful kicker. Strong spinning back kick. Possess KO in the feet.
* Breadth of knowledge of MMA techniques.
*10th planet black belt.
*Above average strength for his size.
*Above Average flexibility
*Wealth. Can afford top level training.

Negatives
* 10th planet black belt.
* Terrible cardio and stamina. Might get exposed if the fight goes beyond 2 mins.
* Not overly athletic, quick, or fast.
* Seems stuck in the old school MMA training philosophy, but appears to be open to newer philosophies.
*No physical advantages for his weight division.

DRAFT GRADE: B-
He's also a jj machado black belt

~DaViD~

Back