[SCORE THE FIGHT] Julio Cesar Chavez v Frankie Randall

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by treelo, Oct 13, 2018 at 1:15 PM.

1. treelo

treelo Black Belt

I'm going to start these threads off now and again, and they wont be related to recent fights, but will be threads about fights that were either close, had a big impact on the fight scene, or had controversial decisions, and i hope that it will keep to the fight in topic, and also, be round specific where relevant.

I'd like to see some other members of this forum score this fight round by round, i had Randall ahead at the end 115-10, and i have comments to each round, but i would be interested in seeing how other people may have scored the fight.

ctrlaltdelete likes this.
  2. treelo

treelo Black Belt

So i guess everyone is really busy..or something

Here goes:

RD1

Hard to score round, Randall had the better work but Chavez landed the harder shots, gave it to Chavez for the harder shots but it could have gone either way.
    10-9 Chavez

RD2
    Randall outboxed Chavez for most of this round, but nearly threw it away late in the round when he started taking some hard shots, did enough early on to take the round for me.
    10-9 Randall
    (19-19 even)

RD3
    Chavez seemed to take this round off, took a few good shots and didnt look comfortable with one of the bodyshots he took.
    10-9 Randall
    (29-28 Randall)

RD4
    Chavez realises he is in a fight and lands some hard hard shots this round, Randall tried his best to fight back but couldnt stop the Mexican, Randall holds his arms aloft at the end of the round, clearly knowing he lost the round, but maybe it was more that he had taken Chavez best shots and wasnt fazed.
    10-9 Chavez
    (38-38 even)

RD5
    Chavez landing the harder blows but being outworked by Randall, looks like he is going for big single shots to try and wear Randall out, i gave this to Randall for his workrate.
    10-9 Randall
    (48-47 Randall)

RD6
    Randall clearly outworked Chavez in this round, Chavez was looking to land one big shot and looked relieved when a break to fix tape on his gloves arrived, Randall starting to look like he know she can win this.
    10-9 Randall
    (58-56 Randall)

RD7
    Chaves dominates this round and tries his best to get Randall out of there in the first half of the round,looks like he realised this could be a long night, but all of his hard work goes to waste as he is deducted a point for a low blow, it seemed a harsh deduction.
    9-9
    (67-65 Randall)

RD8
    Randall starts to move forwards and peppers Chavez with shots from all angles, Chavez is throwing big solid shots to try and slow Randall down, Chavez is starting to show signs of tiredness.
    10-9 Randall
    (77-74 Randall)

RD9
    Scrappy round in which Chavez clearly landed the harder better shots, Randall countered once or twice crisply, but not enough to win the round for me.
    10-9 Chavez
    (86-84 Randall)

RD10
    This was possibly the hardest round to score for me, and it could have swung a lot of cards, i gave it to Randall as he landed some crisp counters, but Chavez also landed some hard shots....i gave it to Randall.
    10-9 Randall
    (96-93 Randall)

RD11
    The only thing i had written down for this round was "Point deduction for a low blow….knockdown", the round speaks for itself.
    10-7 Randall
    (106-100 Randall)

RD12
    Randall didnt even try and fight, he got caught with a few shots but nothing that really hurt him, a clear Chavez round.
    10-9 Chavez
    (115-110 Randall)

Conclusion
    I felt that Chavez thought early on this would be an easy win, and was surprised in a few rounds when his hard shots didnt have the impact he thought they would, and started getting desperate towards the end(which led to some of the low blows). He(Chavez) looked pretty out of shape at time in the fight to me, and although my card was wide, there were a few early rounds(1 and 5 for me) you could have scored for Chavez if you favour harder punches, and then the swing round in the 10th.

Official Scores
    Chavarria 114-133 Chavez
    Giampa 116-111 Randall
    Guzman 114-113 Randall

Eric Nordvargr and Paolo Delutis like this.
  3. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

I'll watch it tonight and score it.

4. Paolo Delutis

Paolo Delutis Brown Belt

Will watch and post.good thread idea I thought I was the only one who does this time and again

5. elanimalsantana

elanimalsantana Purple Belt

Julio is one of my two fav fighters of all time (the other being Roberto Duran) and although I haven't watched this fight in many years (at least 10-12) I do remember scoring it with a wide margin for Randall, may have been just as you had it (115-110). Julio just didn't have it that night and Frankie was the perfect guy in the right time/place to end his unbeaten streak (although I had Whitaker winning by a similar margin when he fought Julio).

6. Philtard

Philtard Black Belt

Like the thread idea. Would be nice to do this on the regular.

7. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Would likely help if you posted the fight.

8. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Rd1- 10-9 Randall. Easy round to score.
    Rd2- Again, all Randall, 10-9 Outlanded chavez like 5-1. 20-18 Randall
    Rd3- Gave it to Randall. Chavez not doing shit. (30-27Randall)
    Rd4- Chavez wakes up and wins a round. (39-37Randall)
    Rd5- This was a tough one to score. I went with the guy landing the bigger punches, Chavez. Randall landed a lot too though. (48-47 Randall)
    Rd6-Another hard round to score. I gave it to Randall but almost had Chavez stealing it late.(58-56 Randall)
    Rd7- Gave this to Chavez. The commentators liked Randall in this one but I thought Chavez landed the better punches. 9-9 round with the deduction though. 67-65 Randall
    Rd8- Randall tee'd off on Chavez in this one. Easy to score (77-74 Randall)
    Rd9- All Randall. Not close. (87-83 Randall)
    Rd10- Gave it to Chavez. Pretty close round. (96-93 Randall)
    Rd11- Disastrous round for Chavez, KD and a point deduction (106-100 Randall)
    Rd12- Gave it to Chavez. 115-110 Randall

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018 at 8:24 PM
    Eric Nordvargr likes this.
  9. Eric Nordvargr

Eric Nordvargr White Belt

I like these kind of threads but I'm skipping this particular fight. Keep it up, gents.