Sci-Fi Shrinking Comedy DOWNSIZING (Full Trailer Released)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Teaser Trailer for Sci-Fi Shrinking Comedy DOWNSIZING Starring Matt Damon

When scientists discover how to shrink humans to five inches tall as a solution to over-population, Paul (Matt Damon) and his wife Audrey (Kristen Wiig) decide to abandon their stressed lives in order to get small and move to a new downsized community — a choice that triggers life-changing adventures. In theaters December 22.

Good to see Christoph Waltz taking all of De Niro's shitty roles.

Havent watched the trailer but I'll bet all my vcash that Rick Moranis pops up in a small cameo role
He has to, you cant pass that up
Perfect opportunity for a quick crowd pop
I mean its a home run sitting right there ready to be swished through the goal line
Do it dammit!

Update: August 30, 2017

The Hollywood Reporter's Review of Alexander Payne's DOWNSIZING

vBZYCGZ.jpg

Downsizing is a wonderfully outsized movie for these times if there ever was one. Alexander Payne has taken a conceit heretofore used for gag-oriented sci-fi and comedy, that of shrinking human beings down to the size of a finger, and breathtakingly transformed it into a way of addressing the planet's overriding long-term issue.

Captivating, funny and possessed of a surprise-filled zig-zag structure that makes it impossible to anticipate where it's headed, this is a deeply humane film that, like the best Hollywood classics, feels both entirely of its moment and timeless. It was a risky roll of the dice, but one that hits the creative jackpot.

The rare director who has never made a bad film, Payne has now arguably created his best one with a work that easily accommodates many moods, flavors, intentions and ambitions.

At its core, Downsizing grapples head-on with the long-term viability of humanity's existence on this planet, but with no pretension or preachiness at all, while on a moment-to-moment basis it's a human comedy dominated by personal foibles and people just trying to get by in life. It's also a science-fiction film that not for a second looks or feels like one.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/downsizing-review-1032268

Last edited:
Pass on moving closer to the bottom of the food chain.

Just as with many comedies... you hope for some good laughs, I think this has some potential. I'm a bit skeptical... but I like both actors & I think they can pull it off.

Just as with many comedies... you hope for some good laughs, I think this has some potential. I'm a bit skeptical... but I like both actors & I think they can pull it off.
I don't think this is the type of comedy you're thinking about. If you're familiar with the director's previous works, I think this will be more of a drama with amusing and funny moments.

I like Damon, so i'd be willing to check it out on cable, but don't care for Wiig and her overacting.

Good to see Christoph Waltz taking all of De Niro's shitty roles.

He and Damon made such a great team in Zero Theorem... No wonder they were in such a hurry to reunite them...

Update: September 11, 2017

Full Trailer for Alexander Payne's DOWNSIZING Starring Matt Damon

When scientists discover how to shrink humans to five inches tall as a solution to over-population, Paul (Matt Damon) and his wife Audrey (Kristen Wiig) decide to abandon their stressed lives in order to get small and move to a new downsized community — a choice that triggers life-changing adventures. In theaters December 22.

this looks like a fun movie to me. Looking forward to it.

Once In A Lifeitme is such a damn good trailer song. I'm convinced you could make it work for almost anything

This movie looks fantastic. The clips are hilarious. Cant wait to see it.

Back