Scarcity Mindset

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Sherdog wrote an interesting article saying that the UFC should sever ties with Jon Jones. It's amazing how many chances JJ has gotten and it doesn't help when after ufc 200 Dana White says Jon Jones will never headline a ppv and then goes back on his word and awards JJ a title shot on the biggest card of the year.
Yes DW is a devious bullshitter, but still it's significant. With Mgregor and Rousey gone, Amanda Nunes chickening out, and Garbrandt-Dillashaw getting cancelled, can they afford to close the door on Jon Jones?
Stipe wants more money, Holloway isn't larger than life, and Bisping doesn't have much legitimacy as champ
What are your thoughts on the UFC not parting with Jon Jones because there is not an obvious option?

The UFC is becoming too desperate. They need to bid Jones good bye for good.

Someone else always comes along.
Nobody is irreplaceable.
Life always moves on.

They'll wait and see what kind of draws they have and what their LHW title picture is in 2-3 yrs.

Ideally, it would be nice for them to make the moral stand and kick his Boney ass out when the suspension is up, but I won't hold my breath.

Sherdog wrote an interesting article saying that the UFC should sever ties with Jon Jones. It's amazing how many chances JJ has gotten and it doesn't help when after ufc 200 Dana White says Jon Jones will never headline a ppv and then goes back on his word and awards JJ a title shot on the biggest card of the year.
Yes DW is a devious bullshitter, but still it's significant. With Mgregor and Rousey gone, Amanda Nunes chickening out, and Garbrandt-Dillashaw getting cancelled, can they afford to close the door on Jon Jones?
Stipe wants more money, Holloway isn't larger than life, and Bisping doesn't have much legitimacy as champ
What are your thoughts on the UFC not parting with Jon Jones because there is not an obvious option?

I don't think scarcity means what you think it does...

Speaking of scarcity, they need fewer and better events...

Agreed, there should be 2 events a month, 1 fox card and 1 ppv, 2 weeks apart, everytime

UFC would get huge like the NFL was back when NFL was only on Sundays

They need a more plentiful mindset

I think they're afraid that if they cut him Bellator will throw a shit ton of money at him immediately and people will start taking them more seriously. Which I'm pretty sure is exactly what would happen

Best case ontario for the UFC is Jones gets banned for a long ass time and they can just forget about him and deal with him in 3 years or something

I think they're afraid that if they cut him Bellator will throw a shit ton of money at him immediately and people will start taking them more seriously. Which I'm pretty sure is exactly what would happen

Best case ontario for the UFC is Jones gets banned for a long ass time and they can just forget about him and deal with him in 3 years or something
That's a great, I'm surprised I missed that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back