SBBC : show me the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that two people fell 3000 feet to their deaths in Yosemite

Could you imagine...falling and screaming and then splat...body disintegrates

I think that’s kinda how Dean Potter died in Yosemite. He was flying. Until he wasn’t.

“On May 16, 2015, Potter and Graham Hunt died[18] while attempting an illegal[3] proximity wingsuit flight from Taft Point above Yosemite Valley. They had made this flight before, but it "still required precision to make it through a small notch. Hunt hit a side wall. Potter had cleared the notch and then crashed. They both died on impacT.”

always thought that wingsuit shit was crazy. that's how a well known skier Shane McConkey died as well.
left behind a wife and little girl.
sometimes ppl just need to grow the fuck up.

always thought that wingsuit shit was crazy. that's how a well known skier Shane McConkey died as well.
left behind a wife and little girl.
sometimes ppl just need to grow the fuck up.
McConkey gave us some great moments though:

Met him once, dude was an awesome and very levelled human being in the terms of "his fame didn't get to his head" sorta thing.

no doubt.
guys try to get close to objects and ppl to buzz them, but sometimes it doesn't work out.

no doubt.
guys try to get close to objects and ppl to buzz them, but sometimes it doesn't work out.

I think another skier died doing the same thing that McConkey did later that year or the year after.

I think that’s kinda how Dean Potter died in Yosemite. He was flying. Until he wasn’t.

“On May 16, 2015, Potter and Graham Hunt died[18] while attempting an illegal[3] proximity wingsuit flight from Taft Point above Yosemite Valley. They had made this flight before, but it "still required precision to make it through a small notch. Hunt hit a side wall. Potter had cleared the notch and then crashed. They both died on impacT.”
Yeah i remember hearing about that

His leg flew off on impact

what's worse, drowning or dying in a fire? (most likely from smoke inhalation)
age old question.
or freezing to death for that matter.
if I had to choose, I'd pick freezing to death.
you become numb, you die.

Ive seen someone burn to death (isis vidyas)....and i can wholeheartedly say fuck that shit

Drowning sucks but you will watch your skin fall off before your eyes melt

I remember seeing those Tibetan monks in the 70s self immolate as a means of protest when China took over their country and began destroying over 5,000 Buddhist temples.
ah hell nah to that.

Yes I can. As a rock climber that would be the mother of all, "how the fuck did i get myself in this situation?" moments.

I remember seeing those Tibetan monks in the 70s self immolate as a means of protest when China took over their country and began destroying over 5,000 Buddhist temples.
ah hell nah to that.
Yeah, me and the gf were just watching that Ken Burns Vietnam documentary and she couldn't handle the monks immolating themselves. Like Kenny Rogers said, the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep.

I spent over a week in Tibet some years ago. Saw tons of monks. None set themselves on fire.
Spun the prayer wheels outside the Potala Palace, saw the Dalai Lama's room when he was a kid, etc.
got drunk on yak wine.
don't ask.

I spent over a week in Tibet some years ago. Saw tons of monks. None set themselves on fire.
Spun the prayer wheels outside the Potala Palace, saw the Dalai Lama's room when he was a kid, etc.
got drunk on yak wine.
don't ask.

Did you see the monks squat and take a kronk in public places? They also practiced slavery -- or at least used before the crack down -- and made drums from the skins of slaves.

Not everything is the way people would like it to be.

The one time sherdogger Groundswell posted very cool pics of Tibet and Mongolia.

Too bad he was chased out of Sherdog by the large volume of shertards. He was a very good poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back