SBBC: Rally point Mike Juliet for Reefer addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know what @Graveroober has to say about this? Did you work this case?

We had a contractor get arrested for the rape/murder of a 14 year old from the early 80s a couple months back. Crazy shit.

Always cool to see cold cases come to a proper conclusion. Happy they caught the bastard.

We had a contractor get arrested for the rape/murder of a 14 year old from the early 80s a couple months back. Crazy shit.

Did they pick him up at your work site?

My father in law worked in a steel mill and said that the cops came by to pick up child molesters. Happened a couple of times.

Was that dude around in the 50's? Only way Grave's could have worked that case.
ek7k1.jpg

never had any cool cold cases solved in front of me

we had two Marines go AWOL/UA from Miramar my freshmen year in the dorms, and they were hanging w/ this chick on my floor. MPs came in guns drawn, kicked the door down of the dorm (seriously) and took them out at gunpoint

it was kinda badass tbh, but also single handledly disproved the premise of every single NCIS episode ever

And what's that? Sorry, i dont' watch the the show.
in general NCIS has absolutely nothing to do w/ anything off post

and they have likely never gotten into a single 'shootout' ever in the history of the department. They are basically the 'detectives' to the MPs regular Police Officers, that's it.

Yet every single episode involves the death and then investigation of a Sailor/Marine off post, and then usually at least two shootouts

Most of what NCIS actually does involves the waterways tbh

never heard of him

most of those cases were in Ventura county, Goleta, Dana Point and Irvine btw.

this map makes it look closer to your area.

QmcHdaYMLTkS4MhjbDCuCUzQtvWWVec64e3TA5ymtevufm

I wonder if Bobby Orr was a suspect (left most sketch :eek:)

There was a guy in my neighborhood growing up who's daughter was murdered in her bedroom while he and his wife were at a party one night a couple of houses down the street in the late 80s.

He was suspected and a lot of people in the neighborhood thought he did it (My dad always said there was no way he did it). Nobody was charged for the crime

Well as you can imagine the whole thing was extremely stressful and destroyed hi marriage and his career.

20 years later they reopened the case because of knew DNA technology, ran samples from all of the suspect and found a match. It was some dude who was doing odd work for the father. He thought the father was stiffing him on money so he murdered his daughter.

Crazy stuff. Spent 20 years of his life surrounded by people that thought he killed his own daughter.

There was a guy in my neighborhood growing up who's daughter was murdered in her bedroom while he and his wife were at a party one night a couple of houses down the street in the late 80s.

He was suspected and a lot of people in the neighborhood thought he did it (My dad always said there was no way he did it). Nobody was charged for the crime

Well as you can imagine the whole thing was extremely stressful and destroyed hi marriage and his career.

20 years later they reopened the case because of knew DNA technology, ran samples from all of the suspect and found a match. It was some dude who was doing odd work for the father. He thought the father was stiffing him on money so he murdered his daughter.

Crazy stuff. Spent 20 years of his life surrounded by people that thought he killed his own daughter.

Damn, that's crazy. What DNA did they have from the perp?

BTW - I think younger people have no clue how many kids went missing and nothing every came of it. There was no Amber alert, kids just went missing and nothing happened. When I was in grade 3 or 4 I remember 'running away from home' was a big thing but the thing is that some of those kids never surfaced again. There were probably a lot of serial killers who were never known about.

I went to school in a city that was the serial killer capital from the 50s thru the 80s (before my time there) and I'm pretty sure the most of the people thought it was a really safe place to live. I'm not even joking. I dont' think the cops solved any of the serial murder cases.

51zW0-u17xL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back