Saw my first Fedor Emelienenko highlight.

What makes him great is a very padded record and a few notable wins against guys who went to the UFC.
giphy.gif

Wow Pride had soccer kicks and shit? Damn that's brutal. Seems a lot more violent the way they fight. Imagine Conor with soccer kicks! Would be OP.

Hmm. Will have to look up Pride on youtube. Thanks!

There's very little on youtube. Either download the events, or buy the DVDs on ebay. Preferably second hand, never give Zuffa money for any PRIDE shit. If i see you wearing a shirt with Pride and Reebok on the same shirt, i'm coming for you.

TS,
Fedor fought in Pride who was the UFC of his time (as in the #1 promotion).
And do not forget the time Fedor fought. MMA was in its infancy, and very few fighters were well rounded as they are today.
But more importantly, Fedor is an undersized HW. That means he was used to get hit by HW.

If you wanted to make such troll attempt, you should have at the very least kept your mancrush out of this thread.Then people would believe you were that ignorant of the sport's GOAT.
How did you figure a manlet like Conor could knock him out? I mean seriously?

But as it is, you exposed yourself and now everyone knows you are just dumb as fuck.

It is ironic that you can't even take Conor's nuts out of your mouth for one second, even if it was to make a troll post. you HAD TO get him in there somehow! Well... too late for growing a brain I suppose.

Don't know much about him but I saw a few videos of his fights. Someone recommended them to me to watch them. He is fighting in a ring and not in the cage though and not in the UFC. What gives? UFC has the best fighters so why didn't he fight there? What makes this guy so great? His striking is very wild I feel like someone like Conor would exploit that with his timing and speed and knock this Fedor guy out. Yes I'm new fan to MMA for about 5 months so I don't know all these old school fighters.

This could have been a good troll if you would of had a sort of creativity. You wasted a good premise by mentioning Conor, F.

• In Fedor's Era, there were two major promotions, UFC and PRIDE
  • The UFC was not the behemoth it is today, both promotions were viewed as elite, and there was much debate on which had the better fighters
  • PRIDE took place in a ring, had significantly different rules and weight classes that created a very different environment for fighting, there was no drug testing, no elbows on the ground, you could knee and kick downed opponents in the head, stalling in a fight resulted in a penalty, and fights were judged as a whole, not by round, just to name a few
  • Fedor was easily the most well-rounded and dynamic HW at the time, if not the best at any weight, period, he beat the best grapplers on the ground, held his own with elite kick boxers standing, survived incredible attacks with poise, never gassed, and went undefeated for a decade, including many wins over former UFC champions
Now, PRIDE was a different type of MMA and it was a different time, in general, so his success does not directly translate to today or the UFC in general. That said, he was an amazing fighter to witness, and definitely an important figure in MMA history.

TS,
Fedor fought in Pride who was the UFC of his time (as in the #1 promotion).
And do not forget the time Fedor fought. MMA was in its infancy, and very few fighters were well rounded as they are today.
But more importantly, Fedor is an undersized HW. That means he was used to get hit by HW.

If you wanted to make such troll attempt, you should have at the very least kept your mancrush out of this thread.Then people would believe you were that ignorant of the sport's GOAT.
How did you figure a manlet like Conor could knock him out? I mean seriously?

But as it is, you exposed yourself and now everyone knows you are just dumb as fuck.

It is ironic that you can't even take Conor's nuts out of your mouth for one second, even if it was to make a troll post. you HAD TO get him in there somehow! Well... too late for growing a brain I suppose.

Conor was the first fighter that came to my mind watching Fedor throw punches. Conor is very good at countering and picking his shots. Conor is one of the few fighters I know that I follow.

Don't know much about him but I saw a few videos of his fights. Someone recommended them to me to watch them. He is fighting in a ring and not in the cage though and not in the UFC. What gives? UFC has the best fighters so why didn't he fight there? What makes this guy so great? His striking is very wild I feel like someone like Conor would exploit that with his timing and speed and knock this Fedor guy out. Yes I'm new fan to MMA for about 5 months so I don't know all these old school fighters.

God, I'm getting old.. That aside, PRIDE - where Fedor was fighting - was the world's number 1 MMA organization with the best fighters and biggest crowds. As a matter of fact, they still hold the record for the largest attendance for a single MMA event. And Fedor was the undisputed king there after he beat Nogueira (the number 2 guy) for the belt. He was undefeated for over a decade, beating all of the top guys of his time and had the same type of aura people see now in Jon Jones, only Fedor was a heavyweight and was therefore the guy who could beat up everybody, without a question. As they say, he is your favorite fighter's favorite fighter, because he was always super respectful towards all his opponents but would smash them in the ring without emotion. After PRIDE fell in pieces, UFC was creeping up. Affliction in partnership with Donald Trump created a new organization to rival the UFC and had Fedor fight former UFC champs (and he beat them), but the organization fell apart after Josh Barnett tested positive for PEDs and their event got cancelled. Then, Strikeforce came up and was actually doing a very good job rivaling the UFC (they had a better HW division and a lot of fighters afterwards did very well in the UFC like Rockhold, Jacare, Mousasi, Cormier, Werdum etc.). But after Fedor lost against Werdum in 2010, it became evident he was past his prime and he started losing more fights. You could see that he had lost a lot of physical strength and speed, also his timing appeared to be a bit off. UFC bought Strikeforce eventually and claimed the throne as the undisputed number 1 MMA organization in the world. While we are now looking at great fighters as Conor and Anderson who are beating up guys their own size, Fedor was a pudgy 225-230 pounder beating up everybody from 185ers to 300 pounders: he outstruck the strikers and outgrappeled the grapplers & wrestlers. This is why so many fighters and fans look up to this quiet, friendly but ruthless fighter.

Plus, he was also a boss hanging around with Vladimir Putin, Berlusconi and Trump.
f94f4e01de414c68668ba7f3105bb845.jpg

M-1-Fedor-to-face-Rizzo-in-June-461BE0A9-x-large.jpg

lede-fedor-emelianenko-trump-gty-1160.jpg

Conor was the first fighter that came to my mind watching Fedor throw punches. Conor is very good at countering and picking his shots. Conor is one of the few fighters I know that I follow.
Don't sweat it. MMA fans are very combative and love to insult each other.

Conor is a great fighter, and there is no shame in being a fan. Just remember that veteran fans of MMA have seen guys like Fedor, Anderson, and GSP go on longer, more impressive winning streaks than Conor, so there is a major disproportion between what he has accomplished and how much hype he gets.

HELL, NO !

Supposedly just joined yesterday for the very first time...And how many threads have you started now ? You had 5 threads created in your first 6 posts. 3 got wastelanded.

Bullshit, and welcome to ignore, buddeh.

bullshit_breaking_bad.gif

EDIT...

And no sooner do I make my post than this thread gets Wastelanded.

0/10

God, I'm getting old.. That aside, PRIDE - where Fedor was fighting - was the world's number 1 MMA organization with the best fighters and biggest crowds. As a matter of fact, they still hold the record for the largest attendance for a single MMA event. And Fedor was the undisputed king there after he beat Nogueira (the number 2 guy) for the belt. He was undefeated for over a decade, beating all of the top guys of his time and had the same type of aura people see now in Jon Jones, only Fedor was a heavyweight and was therefore the guy who could beat up everybody, without a question. As they say, he is your favorite fighter's favorite fighter, because he was always super respectful towards all his opponents but would smash them in the ring without emotion. After PRIDE fell in pieces, UFC was creeping up. Affliction in partnership with Donald Trump created a new organization to rival the UFC and had Fedor fight former UFC champs (and he beat them), but the organization fell apart after Josh Barnett tested positive for PEDs and their event got cancelled. Then, Strikeforce came up and was actually doing a very good job rivaling the UFC (they had a better HW division and a lot of fighters afterwards did very well in the UFC like Rockhold, Jacare, Mousasi, Cormier, Werdum etc.). But after Fedor lost against Werdum in 2010, it became evident he was past his prime and he started losing more fights. You could see that he had lost a lot of physical strength and speed, also his timing appeared to be a bit off. UFC bought Strikeforce eventually and claimed the throne as the undisputed number 1 MMA organization in the world. While we are now looking at great fighters as Conor and Anderson who are beating up guys their own size, Fedor was a pudgy 225-230 pounder beating up everybody from 185ers to 300 pounders: he outstruck the strikers and outgrappeled the grapplers & wrestlers. This is why so many fighters and fans look up to this quiet, friendly but ruthless fighter.

Plus, he was also a boss hanging around with Vladimir Putin, Berlusconi and Trump.

I have always felt some type of way bout Barnett ever since that incident. Had he not fucked up we would have seen Affliction 3 go thru, and the MMA climate would have been much different. They and Strikeforce were the 2 biggest thorn's on Zuffa's side.
But you know what? There's actually a whole other side to that event. A dark and fishy side.

Barnett was caught in what was CSAC's first ever "random drug test".

MMAfighting.com: Josh Barnett Failed First Random Drug Test in California State History

There is quite a bit of speculation whether this was set-up, and the plan was to axe the main event leading to the event's ultimate cancellation.

http://www.csaclmao.com/affliction-scandal/

The woman in charge of urine samples for drug tests, is/was the wife of the man running the CSAC. Due to how business operates in the US, hegemonic companies are always in bed with government (see: lobbyists, revolving door, special interest).We know for a fact, Lorenzo was on the board of the NSAC when they banned the UFC. Just for the brothers and Dana to then come and buy it out from the ailing owners.

i wouldn't put it past some insider politics to have taken place with that event.

Back