Saunders, Andrade, O’Sullivan leading candidates to replace Canelo against Golovkin

I saw this yesterday. Andrade makes little sense and Saunders is known for bullshitting when it comes to putting the pen to paper against any of the elite Middleweights. A Jacobs rematch would be cool but I'd rather see them both have a full camp for each other.

i don't think BJS would actually step up. he will certainly talk mad shit and act like he wants to fight, but in the end he will not be in there with golovkin, not until gennady has seriously deteriorated.

Both fights are shit. Would prefer to see Andrade if its one of those.

It won't be either of those... Michael Benson is reporting that the two leading candidates are Spike O'Sullivan and Jaime Munguia.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"> Rumours coming from <a href="https://twitter.com/espn?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@ESPN</a> that an offer has been made to Mexican 154lb prospect Jamie Munguia to face GGG on May 5th if Canelo’s banned. Spike O’Sullivan another alternative mentioned.</p>&mdash; Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) <a href="">March 30, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I would love to see Oscar step in for his meat tainted boy and enjoy the beat down.

I'll watch Golovkin smack that mustache around for free but not PPV.

Only replacement that is remotely PPV worthy is Jacobs, and that did not selll well the first time, IIRC.

I just checked HBOs website, and they dont have anything scheduled yet for that Saturday, as in no major movie released on their network. So the slot if available.

I'd say there is essentially no chance Saunders steps up unless he's paid a ridiculous amount. Andrade would be interesting, but I think a guy like Golovkin would exploit his flaws and stop him.

BJS doesn't want it and is blaming a sore hand or some stupid shit.

Jacobs would be great and since it's not a big time casual fight anyway the short notice might not do much damage to the numbers.

Spike would be a highlight reel knockout which while entertaining is pretty disappointing considering it was going to be Canelo or could have been Jacobs.

Honestly any opponent of free TV would be fine with me. If it's ppv it better damn well be Jacobs.

Unfortunately most of the names have fights signed already. What about Derevyanchenko?

Jacobs rematch makes the most sense, but not much regarding the date, also would he take on a short notice rematch against GGG?

So it sounds like GGG wont be fighting Andrade or Saunders

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back