Sarah Frota; the most butch chick in MMA? (Aspera FC 58 w/ Hermes Franca+more)

Legally speaking, as soon as they began hormone therapy to transition, they'd be ineligible to compete against women.

l would be more intrigued about the legality of an intersex fighter, a la the runner Caster Semenya, as that person is neither truly 100% male nor female.

Didn't Fallon Fox do hormone therapy?

Didn't Fallon Fox do hormone therapy?
Yeah except Fallon Fox was an XY male, taking estroge to resemble an XX female (MTF).

Sarah Frota would be an XX female taking testosterone to resemble an XY male (FTM). Hence why she would be forced to compete with men.

After a certain amount of time/tests, the IOC (and later Athletic commissions) decided those on hormone therapy would then compete with the gender they indentified with/emulated hormonally. It's still a sensitive subject, and one we don't understand 100%. I have less of a problem with FTM's competing with men, than vice versa.

Fallon Fox is bothersome to me however.. she failed to disclose her status as a trans woman to comissions until she was caught. That is 100% wrong. In the interests of fairness, she should've been tested hormonally all the time.

Y'all are lying if you say won't hit them...
...all at the same time. <mma4> <GrassoBless> <7> <{titihmm}>

RIP Lil Peep

sarah1.jpg

Thanks to this thread I’ve got erectile disfunction.

Yeah except Fallon Fox was an XY male, taking estroge to resemble an XX female (MTF).

Sarah Frota would be an XX female taking testosterone to resemble an XY male (FTM). Hence why she would be forced to compete with men.

After a certain amount of time/tests, the IOC (and later Athletic commissions) decided those on hormone therapy would then compete with the gender they indentified with/emulated hormonally. It's still a sensitive subject, and one we don't understand 100%. I have less of a problem with FTM's competing with men, than vice versa.

Fallon Fox is bothersome to me however.. she failed to disclose her status as a trans woman to comissions until she was caught. That is 100% wrong. In the interests of fairness, she should've been tested hormonally all the time.

Oh yeah duh, IMO I'm fine with it being in the hand of the promotions but if I ran a promotion you would only fight against your biological sex.

Back