Sandbag workout program

Shoulder Carries are smoking obliques . Works faster than doing minutes of planks and deeper than solid bar overhead carry.
Did some shoulder Carrie's with the 175lbs and jammed one of my scapula <{hfved}>

Form on that side starts to get sloppy and reps ugly with fatigue. All that club work should have your grooves greased up.
It's more like the trap is tight or something. Tbh I've been kinda lax with the clubs lately. I did some mace swings to try and knock it loose

Are the lifting mechanics for a stone way different than a stuffed bag? Or same basic principles lap n roll

Did 30 over the shoulders for time as a finisher to my workout today with 175lbs. Was damn brutal. Happy to say I pushed it to where I almost couldn't hold onto the bag.

Did 30 over the shoulders for time as a finisher to my workout today with 175lbs. Was damn brutal. Happy to say I pushed it to where I almost couldn't hold onto the bag.
What was your time? Just finishing is impressive

The jump from 150 to 175 was a good move. 200 still to big-a-boy for some workouts

What was your time? Just finishing is impressive

The jump from 150 to 175 was a good move. 200 still to big-a-boy for some workouts
7-8 mins. First 10 were the sticking point. Having 20 left sucked. Then the heart rate regulates and the form improves and it's just a big thoracic extension.

i have to take my glasses off when throwing around the 220lbs bag or else I risk smashing them.

7-8 mins. First 10 were the sticking point. Having 20 left sucked. Then the heart rate regulates and the form improves and it's just a big thoracic extension.

i have to take my glasses off when throwing around the 220lbs bag or else I risk smashing them.
Good time. May give it a shot. You switch sides or do 30 over 1 shoulder?

I have a good and bad side and did them all over the good side lol
Attempted 150 (80% BW) - nodda . Wouldn't have made it, was using way too much energy by 6 throws. Dropped to 100 and started over.
This was also 45 min into lifting after 6 sets of squats, might have just been spent.

Attempted 150 (80% BW) - nodda . Wouldn't have made it, was using way too much energy by 6 throws. Dropped to 100 and started over.
This was also 45 min into lifting after 6 sets of squats, might have just been spent.
Yeah I did ssb squats, dips, pull ups and some triceps before the sandbag workout. Low volume though so it probably primed my CNS for the sandbag. 30 looks easy on paper until you're doing them. There's another workout that has 100 over the shoulders with 5 pull ups every 90 seconds. I reckon that would take almost an hour to complete

1 year bring you a long ways when you stick with it. Body weight lower, sandbag weight up. They are now 50% of workouts.
As with most lifts, technique can add weight and make it move faster lol. Thousands of reps later.
Could find a use for a bag every 15 lbs apart.

Finally conquered the 250, was one of the New Years goals. Took a few fails and flops but got that fat pig on shoulder for reps. +60lbs body weight. The bag work is carrying over to bar, DL going up and I don't even do them but every 15 days.

Last edited:
Could find a use for a bag every 15 lbs apart.

Well, he wasn't lying. Cranking the bag games up this year. They proved strength carry over and worth the investment.

Good time. May give it a shot. You switch sides or do 30 over 1 shoulder?

Switch sides until you start getting into max weight range, then just use your strong hand. Someone else around these parts has to be into this unconventional shit. You can even squat, bench and DL them. All of that excitement while smelling the beach.

Switch sides until you start getting into max weight range, then just use your strong hand. Someone else around these parts has to be into this unconventional shit. You can even squat, bench and DL them. All of that excitement while smelling the beach.
I fucked my back up trying to weigh the heavy one and said fuck em lol

I fucked my back up trying to weigh the heavy one and said fuck em lol
<KhabibBS>

You were the saving grace in not talking to self every quarter. Rehab it back starting at 150lbs . Bags have less injuries than solid bars.

Back