Samoa Joe just got over

jamesmiller14

Hoosier Daddy
@Brown
Reaction score
How about them fuckin' apples?

You just created something that you can now rub up against Braun, rub up against Roman, rematch with Brock, and it's believable.

I wonder if Vince McMahon is ever going to look at AJ Styles and Samoa Joe and admit to himself that he missed the boat.

Samoa joe and Lesnar in hell in a cell needs to happen

I'm legit asking becasue I didn't see this. What happened that got him over.

How did he get over?
Watch that match. The audience was buying into the near Falls, was buying in on the last hold.

Lesnar walks away all purple face and limping, in the crowd was buying it the whole through.

They did a good job with it. Joe was in danger of completely slipping as of 6 weeks ago.

How about them fuckin' apples?

You just created something that you can now rub up against Braun, rub up against Roman, rematch with Brock, and it's believable.

I wonder if Vince McMahon is ever going to look at AJ Styles and Samoa Joe and admit to himself that he missed the boat.

Vince has no reason to. He has them at their peak and let someone else pay to build them up.

Not to take away fro Joe, but Lesnar did a great job in selling for him.

WWE did a good job building him up prior to GBoF.

How did he get over?
That's my question!

The match ended almost abruptly, as if time was running out and they had to call it asap.

I was shocked Joe didn't kick out of that F5...pretty sure plenty of other dudes have kicked out of it before!

Vince has no reason to. He has them at their peak and let someone else pay to build them up.

Go pick a raw from 2009 or 2010 and then come back and tell me that. Short-sighted thinking. He could have obtained some of these guys a little earlier, if he would have had a little faith in it.

And they still wouldn't be in the WWE if it wasn't for NXT. And that's all on him, Vince McMahon.

Go pick a raw from 2009 or 2010 and then come back and tell me that. Short-sighted thinking. He could have obtained some of these guys a little earlier, if he would have had a little faith in it.

And they still wouldn't be in the WWE if it wasn't for NXT. And that's all on him, Vince McMahon.
lol AJ was in NXT?
nice try.

and no, it's not all on him. JR had the opportunity to sign AJ early on and turned him down. that one is on JR. Vince brought those 2 in because of Trips, who knew they were already well established stars with proven work ability (to which even Vince was surprised after seeing how well Joe's first t-shirt sold upon its release.). if you are too stupid to realize that then I can't help you.

Good build up for him on the road to the match but not a fan of the way the ppv match with Brock was booked. It was odd and rushed, Joe is a good worker they could've at least put some decent shit together.

Watched the match and this definitely made Samoa Joe more legit in the WWE and in the eyes of the audience. Was it a great match? Eh, it was decent but not great. Still, look, if Brock wanted to, he could've treated Joe like he did nearly everyone else and do little to no selling and just dominate him. I have not seen Lesnar sell this much since his first stint with the WWE. Regardless of what some think, Brock does whatever he wants and if Brock doesn't like you, you get nothing but if Brock likes you, he will bump and sell for you which tells me Brock definitely likes Joe and sees Joe as someone he thinks he can have a long program together.

I, mean, look at Lesnar vs Reigns at WM31 or Lesnar vs Ambrose. Those two were being built as the next two stars of the WWE at the time and Lesnar gave them basically nothing and sold maybe 2 or 3 moves each the entire duration of those two respective matches. Lesnar gave his body to Goldberg and sold for Goldberg and Lesnar sold Joe's moveset as much as he could without losing the match. When was the last time Goldberg literally sold for at least half the match if not more? This DEFINITELY bodes well for Samoa Joe.

lol AJ was in NXT?
nice try.

and no, it's not all on him. JR had the opportunity to sign AJ early on and turned him down. that one is on JR. Vince brought those 2 in because of Trips, who knew they were already well established stars with proven work ability (to which even Vince was surprised after seeing how well Joe's first t-shirt sold upon its release.). if you are too stupid to realize that then I can't help you.

Oh, you had one example. A single example.

The stringent Vince McMahon Defenders are hilarious. I'm pretty sure I'm a wrestling fan only because of the vision and production of Vince McMahon. I'm not dumb or naive enough to think otherwise.

But it's out there and pretty much well known that Vince did not see much in AJ Styles, so nothing in Samoa Joe. I guarantee he saw nothing in vanilla midget Finn Baylor until NXT.

I have to laugh at someone bringing up AJ Styles as a miss for Jim Ross. If AJ Styles would have been signed in 2001 when they had the chance, he would be Paul London or something. Another here today, gone tomorrow vanilla midget that would have got lost in the shuffle back then.

Only in the postmodern WWE does and AJ Styles and a Kevin Owens get the spot that their talents deserve. In 2005 or 6 they're doing a job to Batista on Raw without an entrance. In 2009 or 10 they are tag team, middle of the road, and if they get really lucky they get high enough to challenge Cena for the belt, do a job, and quickly be forgotten about.

Nice Try!!1! fuckin' derp. Try fucking what? I consider myself a total nerd, then I run into people like you and I realize that there are levels to this shit. At least I'm a nerd that gets pussy.

Last edited:
Watched the match and this definitely made Samoa Joe more legit in the WWE and in the eyes of the audience. Was it a great match? Eh, it was decent but not great. Still, look, if Brock wanted to, he could've treated Joe like he did nearly everyone else and do little to no selling and just dominate him. I have not seen Lesnar sell this much since his first stint with the WWE. Regardless of what some think, Brock does whatever he wants and if Brock doesn't like you, you get nothing but if Brock likes you, he will bump and sell for you which tells me Brock definitely likes Joe and sees Joe as someone he thinks he can have a long program together.

I, mean, look at Lesnar vs Reigns at WM31 or Lesnar vs Ambrose. Those two were being built as the next two stars of the WWE at the time and Lesnar gave them basically nothing and sold maybe 2 or 3 moves each the entire duration of those two respective matches. Lesnar gave his body to Goldberg and sold for Goldberg and Lesnar sold Joe's moveset as much as he could without losing the match. When was the last time Goldberg literally sold for at least half the match if not more? This DEFINITELY bodes well for Samoa Joe.

Not a great match, for sure. It looks like they were trying to work and MMA shoot Style Match, and then the Finish got rushed. Or perhaps that was the match they were working all along, that one sudden F5 was going to be the put away and for sure it was going to come out of the RNC reversal.

But to your point, Brock sold for him throughout the match and there was a lot of back and forth. I found myself excited at the end being a hardcore fan and a total geek of both wrestling and MMA because they were able to pull off such an MMA Style Match and I just love it when a guy gets made, and gets made correctly.

It felt like it was a lost art for a long period of time, but they've done well lately with Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman.

Another big factor was they were running out of people that could realistically challenge Brock Lesnar. He had set himself apart from the human beings on the roster. By having this match with Samoa Joe it both propelled Samoa Joe up a couple of levels, and brought Brock back down the Earth a little bit.

How did they miss on Roode? He's still in NXT and still has a chance to come to one of the main rosters and get a chance when it comes his time.
He's 40 and still in development, I'm a bit skeptical of what impact he can have on the main roster other than putting over some of their young guys. He could have been a big player if they signed him around 08-10. He's been the complete package since then with little to no downside.

I don't know. When he talks on the mic, I can feel like he wants to take a shit. Maybe it's his facial expressions. Or maybe he has just that face.

Samoa Joe is legit.

Back