Salt Lake City tattoo shop jokes about rape on instagram. Activists unite.

Okay. I'll try to explain lol. But I drove 12 hours from NOLA and had to work an 11 hour shift four hours later so perhaps I'm the dummy here.

Jokes are about context, and a lot of context is physical. From a comic perspective facial cues, inflections, and pauses are what sell a joke.

It's why memes are basically "set up/punch" without context you want to leave as little wiggle room as possible.

The dude who got blacklisted (and it was a gang of things. I yelled at him once for being proud of running audience out of a show.) Posted "the only thing I'm learning about the #metoo movement is the ugly ones get to live" which would be way different in person than how one reads it online.

Those things are definitely important when it comes to working a live crowd. Not sure what I can do to drive home (to the audience) the fun I have posting. Hence the triggered meme I posted. It was supposed to be funny. :oops::D

Rape is funny when it's irregular. The same as genocide.

In the first world we've learned to laugh at rapes and genocides and murders and such, because these things no longer concern our daily lives, to the extent that they used to. They've gradually become vulgar words without a deeper meaning of intent behind them, concepts largely foreign to us, who've been able to live our lives without wallowing in the muck of it. We've become desensitized through a lack of exposure, the same way that a man becomes desensitized through too much exposure.

If each of us had a sister or a daughter or a relative of any sort that had been raped, then it's safe to say that rape wouldn't be so funny. But we don't, so we ought to take some joy in that.

The more we joke about murder and rape, the less "normalized" it truly is. We wouldn't be joking about rapes if they were actually happening to people that concerned us, on a frequent basis.

Last edited:

In the first world we've learned to laugh at rapes and genocides and murders and such, because these things no longer concern our daily lives, to the extent that they used to. They've gradually become vulgar words without a deeper meaning of intent behind them, concepts largely foreign to us, who've been able to live our lives without wallowing in the muck of it. We've become desensitized through a lack of exposure, the same way that a man becomes desensitized through too much exposure.

If each of us had a sister or a daughter or a relative of any sort that had been raped, then it's safe to say that rape wouldn't be so funny. But we don't, so we ought to take some joy in that.

The more we joke about murder and rape, the less "normalized" it truly is. We wouldn't be joking about rapes if they were actually happening to people that concerned us, on a frequent basis.
What a steaming pile of shit

Yet all true, as evident by your lack of any sort of a meaningful reply outside of the initial outrage (and eventual acceptance of the truth).
Anyone with half a brain will read that wall of nonsense written from an Ivory tower and come to the same conclusion i did<LikeReally5>

Anyone with half a brain will read that wall of nonsense written from an Ivory tower and come to the same conclusion i did<LikeReally5>

Sure, people with half a brain probably will.

People with a fully intact brain, might come to different conclusions.

Rape is funny when it's irregular.
No, rape is NEVER funny...the implication however....
GloomyElatedFrog-max-1mb.gif

If each of us had a sister or a daughter or a relative of any sort that had been raped, then it's safe to say that rape wouldn't be so funny.
I feel the same way about bank robbery bro.

Last edited:

Great post

Tattoos have become way too hipster. They should position themselves as the parlor for lowlifes.
Just like the good old days, the 50's.

I'm not outraged by the "joke". I just found it boring and unfunny. But it was San Francisco-level Retarded to post it on their social media, so if they catch a lot of shit from people who are outraged, fuck them. I have no sympathy for them at all. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

If i were female i'd be really pissed off about this. Trivialises rape imo.
I once had a gf who had been abducted, raped and beaten up by 3 guys. Rape isn't a joke or trivial.

Back