Salem: The Game, a Somewhat Hidden Gem

Reviresco

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
http://www.salemthegame.com

I'm just posting this here in case you may not have heard of this game before. It was released in 2012 and, despite playing MMOs since 2000, I didn't happen across it until I saw an EVE Online Twitch streamer I often watched playing it during server downtime in 2015. Salem: the Game is a F2P crafting-intensive persistent (the same world has been around for over four years now) sandbox PvP MMO that allows the player to engage with the environment and other players pretty much however they wish.

You can live alone as a reclusive farmer with only crops and livestock as your company. You could erect a massive industrial mining town populated by new and old friends. Would you rather spend your days murdering characters (death is permanent in this game), sieging towns, and stealing items that cost others dozens or even hundreds of hours of their time to acquire using subterfuge or brawn? You can do that too. It might even be possible to become a witch and hex and cannibalize people, but maybe those are just rumors*.

They're releasing a new update very soon that is implementing vineyards and alcohol production, and a new temporary map to play on, from which you can bring rewards home to the permanent map.

Anyway, just seeing if anyone is interested. The game can be very harsh at times (you can become diseased, freeze to death, permanently die, etc.), which means it certainly isn't for everyone, but that also makes it very rewarding, and most who like it and persevere will grow to love it.

*They're not just rumors.

Last edited:
Back