Sadulaev And Snyder Defeated By Tazhudinov!!

I think the highest profile, controversial example is Saeid Mollaei judo'ing for Mongolia......but that would trigger a political derail fuckhole so I'll just mention it to your intention, in case you are not aware.
Bali Sou is Iranian and also wrestles for Cambodia I think.

So this Tazhudinov guy is crazy. No 23 y o kid is supposed to make it look that easy against Snyder and Sadulaev. Sadulaev looks pretty washed though.

Damn

dude made it look EZ

That's certainly true in regards to Judo within the Gulf. It's also becoming more prevalent in track as well. Quite a few runners who didn't make their national team in eastern Africa now represent Gulf countries internationally.

As for wrestling, I remember that not long ago the 66kg weight class at the World's had four American citizens participating. All representing different countries.

Heck, the current world champ at 57 kilos Stevan Micic was born and raised in the US, but earned the gold this week for Serbia, where his das was born.

I was thinking out Micic's journey yesterday. I assume (but could be wrong) that competing for Serbia may take a bit less punishment on the body in regards to qualifying compared to the US. The US has multiple studs in each weight class. So, the odds of getting injured just trying to make it through the qualifying stages would be greater trying to represent the USA, compared to trying to represent Serbia
With the practice being at an all time high, Russian legend and head coach Ghadjimurad Gatsolov drops the hammer and bans Russian wrestlers repping other countries from training with the national teams after this kid won 2023 worlds. I wonder if he stuck to this bc there are so many Russians wrestling for so many countries and winning medals. The recent ban on Russian and Belarusian athletes caused a spike in this already common practice. Just off the top of my head I can think of the following Russians making major moves in international freestyle wrestling.

Musakaev and Baitsaev are repping Hungary.

Tsabalov is with Serbia.

Krugliev is repping Greece.

Salkazonov and Makoev are with Slovakia.

Friev is wrestling for Spain.

Ramazonov now wrestled for Bulgaria.

Former world number 1 Opan Sat switched to Turkey years ago.

Batirov and the new kid are with Bahrain.

Even Brazil now has a Russian on the greco side. He just won pan ams.

Last edited:
With the practice being at an all time high, Russian legend and head coach Ghadjimurad Gatsolov drops the hammer and bans Russian wrestlers repping other countries from training with the national teams after this kid won 2023 worlds. I wonder if he stuck to this bc there are so many Russians wrestling for so many countries and winning medals. The recent ban on Russian and Belarusian athletes caused a spike in this already common practice. Just off the top of my head I can think of the following Russians making major moves in international freestyle wrestling.

Musakaev and Baitsaev are repping Hungary.

Tsabalov is with Serbia.

Krugliev is repping Greece.

Salkazonov and Makoev are with Slovakia.

Friev is wrestling for Spain.

Ramazonov now wrestled for Bulgaria.

Former world number 1 Opan Sat switched to Turkey years ago.

Batirov and the new kid are with Bahrain.

Even Brazil now has a Russian on the greco side. He just won pan ams.

No. 2 and no.3 from Russia at 74kg, Razambek Zhamalov now represents Uzbekistan and Chermen Valiev, Albania.

We used to joke that the causeway between Saudi and Bahrain was the most dangerous road in the world.

I've heard from residents in Bahrain that the drunk teenage and young 20s Saudi dudes are the absolute worst.

No. 2 and no.3 from Russia at 74kg, Razambek Zhamalov now represents Uzbekistan and Chermen Valiev, Albania.
So Albania now has a Russian, who is a real medal threat, at 57, 61, and 74 kilos. Let's see how they do if Gatsolov is really going to bar them from training with the national teams in Russia. Which is interesting bc Gatsolov himself repped Armenia at the end of his career.

So Albania now has a Russian, who is a real medal threat, at 57, 61, and 74 kilos. Let's see how they do if Gatsolov is really going to bar them from training with the national teams in Russia. Which is interesting bc Gatsolov himself repped Armenia at the end of his career.
As far as I know, Tazhudinov, Tsabalov, Abakarov, Valiev and Salkazanov, etc can all train at their home-clubs (wirh Sidakov, Sadulaev and so on), just not at the pre-championship training camps where the top 4-5 are all in one room with controlled matches. However, an exception was made to Zhamalov and Team Uzbekistan to train alongside team Russia before the European championships. Maybe because they had no chance of wrestling against each other.

As far as I know, Tazhudinov, Tsabalov, Abakarov, Valiev and Salkazanov, etc can all train at their home-clubs (wirh Sidakov, Sadulaev and so on), just not at the pre-championship training camps where the top 4-5 are all in one room with controlled matches. However, an exception was made to Zhamalov and Team Uzbekistan to train alongside team Russia before the European championships. Maybe because they had no chance of wrestling against each other.
Hmmm. I guess it makes sense I don't think Uzbekistan has too many top guys in freestyle right now aside from Bekzod and I'm pretty sure he trains mostly in the States with his brother. He's also getting older and possibly ramping up his MMA career again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back