Sad Day When Jones Retires

I haven’t watched a Jones fight in like over 10 years cuz I figure what’s the point of spending time watching a fight when it very well could be changed to a NC after Jones pops for PEDS again. And even if he doesn’t pop he’s going to be poking eyes like crazy and he’s probably on PEDs anyways. Maybe he hid under the cage again to avoid the testers and they just gave up.

Jones is a cheater. Always has been. He shouldn’t have had the opportunity to fight for the HW and should have received a way longer ban for his third failed test. Jones on his 3rd failed PED test got a shorter ban than Nick Diaz did for smoking fucking weed. It’s disgraceful.

Good riddance. As much as his sad little fans hate to admit it, he’ll go down in history with a big gigantic asterisk beside his name as the single biggest PED cheat in the history of the UFC.

Hate him or love him his name always brings a level of excitement very few others bring in the sport.

The crazy thing is the guy has been in the UFC since 2008. That's gotta be the longest any fighter has remained relevant and fighting top contenders.

First UFC fight was in august 2008. To think someone who was fighting in the UFC back in 2008 is the current HW champ and P4P #1 is mind boggling.

Most fighters struggle to remain relevant for 5 years, let alone be the top guy in a division for that long. And we're talking 15 years. I don't care if it's on picos or whatever shit Ronnie Coleman was on. It's impressive. Especially for a guy who likes to do cocaine with hookers on the weekend.

With that being said, Shoutout to RDA who's still ranked and has also been in the UFC since 2008.

Sad to see these guys retire any day now. The last of the "old school".
He already retired like 50 times already. Never cared. Actually the sport is healthier when he's not in it imo

Saint Jones retiring will be the saddest and also happiest day of my life. Sad because we will never witness him fight again, but also happy because he can now focus on becoming The Pope, and can dedicate all his time and effort into being a humanitarian and Catholic authority
What about an official gospel? The Gospel of Saint Jon Jones of Ithaca. He can publish his letters to the Ithacanians.

Yeah it is really gonna suck to possibly have an active champ who isn't ducking the young elite fighters.

<{nope}>

Hate him or love him his name always brings a level of excitement very few others bring in the sport.

The crazy thing is the guy has been in the UFC since 2008. That's gotta be the longest any fighter has remained relevant and fighting top contenders.

First UFC fight was in august 2008. To think someone who was fighting in the UFC back in 2008 is the current HW champ and P4P #1 is mind boggling.

Most fighters struggle to remain relevant for 5 years, let alone be the top guy in a division for that long. And we're talking 15 years. I don't care if it's on picos or whatever shit Ronnie Coleman was on. It's impressive. Especially for a guy who likes to do cocaine with hookers on the weekend.

With that being said, Shoutout to RDA who's still ranked and has also been in the UFC since 2008.

He’s retired now man. Has been since 2020.

He had a fun fake fight with that bald man though

Even after he retires he will still make sherdog headlines. I think the only thing keeping him out of trouble is still being in the UFC.

I love the "inactive" comments like that adds any context to him winning a title fight in '23. It's not like 2 1/2 years of inactivity is generally considered a boon for fighters.

Machida's a championship calibur fighter who made his UFC debut in 2007 and he's been inactive for a year or two. Anyone want to bet on him winning a UFC belt in the next year or two? How about Todd Duffee or Paulo Thiago? They debuted in 2009. Anyone see a title run in those guys?

He's basically been retired for 4 years apart from one fight and once he officially retires he will pretend he's coming back for another 5 years. You got plenty of time before his disgusting ass disappears.

297.png

Thread is 5 months old mate.
Seems pretty active, there are several comments past mine? wow there's another one coming in while I'm commenting

I am sure Jones is still going provide entertainment while partying.

meh. he could retire today and i would forget by tomorrow.
people overestimate this guy's aura. that's what keeps you in peoples minds.
junkie crackhead ped abuser running people over with the car is not really worth remembering.

He’s pretty much been semi retired for many years already. Caught cheating multiple times and now cherry picking his title defences. I dont care about his fight with stipe and I won’t care when he retires.

he wasted so many years with drinking, drugging, and spousal abuse. getting popped for PEDs, barely winning against Gus and Dom then cherry-picking winnable fights. He ruined his legacy with all that and I will not miss him.

When juice Jones retires it will be a celebration.

Fuck that POS.

Last edited:
There has never been a bigger, more impactful, dominant fighter that I've given less of a shit about that Jon Jones.

I don't get excited for any of his fights and I can't explain why. Maybe it's the PED stuff? I don't know. But he legitimately doesn't interest me in the slightest.

I won't miss him as a person but he does have a sense of presence now that commands big fight / big event status and so it will be sad to lose that...but he's only been in the cage for 2 mins in 4 years, I kinda feel like he's already retired and the odd appearance without more regularly and consistently proving dominance is like his equivalent of consulting on the side

NB: Not saying Jones does treat his career like that btw just that I already don't feel that I already don't regard him as a current and active fighter

Back