Ryan Hall, best grappler in MMA today!

Actually, no he does not have an obligation to follow a fighter to the mat who simply lays down. Hence the rule of standing up the two fighters. So in fact it is quite the opposite. Ryan Hall was obligated by the ref to continue the fight by standing up. Think before you post.

You guys just don't understand what you're watching, and what can happen. Too bad. If you can't beat it, then it's useful.

This isn't the WWE. The fights aren't choreographed to give you the moves you love.

You guys just don't understand what you're watching, and what can happen. Too bad. If you can't beat it, then it's useful.

This isn't the WWE. The fights aren't choreographed to give you the moves you love.

Had Maynard landed anything at all he probably would've edged those rounds out. Hall wasn't winning rounds by falling over, he was winning rounds despite it.

This fight is way more epic.

Actually, no he does not have an obligation to follow a fighter to the mat who simply lays down. Hence the rule of standing up the two fighters. So in fact it is quite the opposite. Ryan Hall was obligated by the ref to continue the fight by standing up. Think before you post.

Then if he doesn't want to fight on the ground, he has no reason to complain about it. The ref will intervene to save him from having to fight where he's less secure.

Hall has no obligation to stand in front of Maynard. He knows what the referee is going to do when Maynard walks away. The decision comes from Maynard has to how he wants to continue the fight; not Hall.

So, yes, from a purely combat standpoint, Maynard does have an obligation, or he can't complain about Hall going to the ground. It's not against the rules, nor should it be. There is nothing to complain about.

As a fight fan, you should be upset with Maynard for refusing to fight on the ground. It's that simple. The ball was always in Maynard's court. Stop looking to the referee to make the fight the way you want it to be. Fight your opponent.

Then if he doesn't want to fight on the ground, he has no reason to complain about it. The ref will intervene to save him from having to fight where he's less secure.

Hall has no obligation to stand in front of Maynard. He knows what the referee is going to do when Maynard walks away. The decision comes from Maynard has to how he wants to continue the fight; not Hall.

So, yes, from a purely combat standpoint, Maynard does have an obligation, or he can't complain about Hall going to the ground. It's not against the rules, nor should it be. There is nothing to complain about.

As a fight fan, you should be upset with Maynard for refusing to fight on the ground. It's that simple. The ball was always in Maynard's court. Stop looking to the referee to make the fight the way you want it to be. Fight your opponent.

So, laying down is not forcing the fight to take place on the ground?

Had Maynard landed anything at all he probably would've edged those rounds out. Hall wasn't winning rounds by falling over, he was winning rounds despite it.

This fight is way more epic.

Maynard was losing rounds for refusing to follow his opponent to the ground. This isn't boxing. Saying if Maynard had done more, then he would have won, well, yeah. That goes for any fighter who loses. However, waiting to land a big right hand is not exactly a recipe for doing more. Maynard fought the way he did because he thought it was his best chance, just like Hall did.

I thought Maynard made the fight dull because of his refusal to fight on the ground. Hall fought Maynard on the feet, and won.

You can't complain about Hall. It doesn't matter what you think it looked like. What it looked like is unimportant.

Then the joke's on Maynard because he lost the fight for refusing to follow Hall to the ground. Maynard had no answer for Hall on his feet.

As for why Hall would stay standing? Well, anything can happen on your feet. Striking has a lot more luck involved in the exchanges, than grappling. Maynard has one shot power. So, there's no guarantee that you will continue to dominate on your feet. Fighters make these decisions all the time. Hall is hardly the first one.

Maynard got outclassed and fought like a coward. He really did, and now he's going to have a black eye to go along with the feeling of having fought scared.

Fight was shit. Hall beat Maynard, but I wouldn't call it outclassing. Hope Maynard gets cut and hope Hall works on his game some more. or not..i don't give a shit about either fighters lol.

So, laying down is not forcing the fight to take place on the ground?
No, it's Maynard's decision. The fight doesn't stop when your opponent is on the ground. Hall had to fight on his feet. Mayanrd didn't have to continue the fight on the ground.

The point is, when you refuse to follow your opponent to the ground, you are running away from the fight, and looking for the referee to restart you in more favorable territory, don't complain. It's like complaing about someone ducking your punches.

Maynard was losing rounds for refusing to follow his opponent to the ground. This isn't boxing. Saying if Maynard had done more, then he would have won, well, yeah. That goes for any fighter who loses. However, waiting to land a big right hand is not exactly a recipe for doing more. Maynard fought the way he did because he thought it was his best chance, just like Hall did.

I thought Maynard made the fight dull because of his refusal to fight on the ground. Hall fought Maynard on the feet, and won.

You can't complain about Hall. It doesn't matter what you think it looked like. What it looked like is unimportant.

Yeah, I think you're right on the first point. Maynard made that fight shit (aesthetically) too. From the perspective of the fighters, you're exactly right on the second point too.

I'm not a fighter, I'm a fan on a message board. and as a fan on a message board I think that fight looked like shit. I think anyone who is claiming to enjoy that fight is 100% trolling.

Fight was shit. Hall beat Maynard, but I wouldn't call it outclassing. Hope Maynard gets cut and hope Hall works on his game some more. or not..i don't give a shit about either fighters lol.
Then get lost. You're polluting a discussion with shit you don't care about.

Maynard had enough grappling cred. to engage more. no one is saying he had to trade berimbolos with hall, but come on, didn't you train at all to apply a top game for at least some of the time?

The real shocker is that Hall actually won the striking. Makes no sense.

Then get lost. You're polluting a discussion with shit you don't care about.

lol you're getting upset over this? This whole thread is pointless. You're the one trying to defend a shit fight lmao. Damn fools man.

No, it's Maynard's decision. The fight doesn't stop when your opponent is on the ground. Hall had to fight on his feet. Mayanrd didn't have to continue the fight on the ground.

The point is, when you refuse to follow your opponent to the ground, you are running away from the fight, and looking for the referee to restart you in more favorable territory, don't complain. It's like complaing about someone ducking your punches.

No, when you lay down 27 times you are running away from the fight. Don't argue for the sake of arguing.

Falling down every time Maynard gets close to him, is not "outclassing" him. They both fight like shit lol.
Well he outstruck him and falling down was just bait. While not the most attractive style i find it entertaining

No, when you lay down 27 times you are running away from the fight. Don't argue for the sake of arguing.
Thats not running its baiting your opponent into your territory. Werdum does the same ge just takes a punch to make the bait more desirable

Back