International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V15

Haven’t they also been advancing in the south east also, or at least did in the prior few months? A pincer is much more effective than just a flank. I just saw Russia is advancing without much resistance. I think that is key too, cause based on posts here, one would think Russia is taking heavy losses at the moment, but actual news outlets imply otherwise.

If they slowly advance, they can also fortify. I don’t see a middle aged army taking back these territories, no matter how much we give Ukraine.

Edit: also saw on Twitter a few days ago, didn’t post it cause wasn’t an official news outlet, but are there rumors of mercs or troops from Cuba helping Russia now? I see last couple pages talk of Chinese on the battle field?

Yeah, some Cuban mercs fragged their Russian commander because he kept insulting, physically beating them, while stealing their pay.

Not a bright idea when everyone is armed with an assault rifle and grenades.

There is a fair amount of non russian troops serving, everyone from africans to nepalese and vietnam

Same for ukr, most guys in foreign legion are south americans (columbia and brazil heavily represented i hear) nowadays compared to how most were westeners back in 2022

All after for money

Brazil and Colombia? That is quite interesting to me. I would have thought both are basically CCP bichons, and they (Xi and friends) would be doing things behind the scenes to screw over the mercs helping Ukraine (as I feel CCP is pro Russia in this conflict)

I guess things are a bit looser than I would have thought in this regard. Admittedly, I have no real knowledge of such topics, and info I do come across is Kelly biased in some way

Looks like Shoigu got canned at the least. Replaced with another civilian yes man.
Yes, he will be replaced with another yes man. However if Shoigu will get Pattushev's post, then actually de facto ...promotion.
Patrushev is old, rich KGB dude....maybe he now is too old to work, dunno.
Also rumours that Patrushev wanted to get Putin's post are ....empty fake. Patrushev loves to sit like behind scene and manipulate with puppets, casual KGB style character....

Ukraine needs airpower because Russians internally being told to prepare for a 20 year war. They are training children as young as 8 years old in the ways of war. Programming them to salute, run drills at school and desensitizing them for war. This is where the real mind games are going on and older Russians know this but except it for what it means to them. Airpower will push Russia in ways that they will not be able to respond to the increased pressure on Putin internally. Ukraine now needs to send a strong message to Russia and give Russia little time to respond.

Well, it isn't only to prepare for war. It is to programm population since childhood that ....Russia is in danger, does have enemies there and here lurking to attack Russia...
Also between lines ofc will be taught that West will collapse, is responsible for problems in Russia etc.
Like 1925-1990 th ....

They always since 1925 th are waiting how Europe and U.S ....will collapse.

Absolutely crazy that he lasted this long.

I suppose the concern is that during wartime, Putin actually appoints someone who knows what they're doing.
Actually giving him Patrushev's post where he will work together with Medvedev too is crazy idea...Medvedev will put him on vodka diet....
Then looks that Putin will gave Shoigu also some role to supervise Russia's military industrial complex for some tasks or so on.

Patrushev has been the second most powerful man in Russia for a long time, according to most analysts.

It's interesting that Shoigu gets his job and he may be out (though he might not be, if he remains Putin's closest adviser in whatever new position he gets - power in Russia really flows from your access to the boss, rather than your job title).

Shoigu is getting a promotion, at least on paper. Gerasimov will likely be replaced in the not too distant future. Lavrov staying in place though he is an old man at this point.

Most of these guys are septuagenarians, but Putin is known for hanging on to guys he feels he can trust and this is his gang.

Last edited:
Patrushev has been the second most powerful man in Russia for a long time, according to most analysts.

It's interesting that Shoigu gets his job and he may be out (though he might not be, if he remains Putin's closest adviser in whatever new position he gets - power in Russia really flows from your access to the boss, rather than your job title).

Shoigu is getting a promotion, at least on paper. Gerasimov will likely be replaced in the not too distant future. Lavrov staying in place though he is and old man at this point.

Most of these guys are septuagenarians, but is known for hanging on to guys he feels he can trust and this is his gang.
Yes. Security council is No2 de facto power in Russia...and above their parliament if decisions should be made quickly...
They not only are working with papers in offices, also they are helping to supervise military industrial complex and russian KGB ( now called FSB ) ...this stuff is also with visits in factories etc.
Medvedev did job normally IF these scheduled days weren't his vodka tour days...
Patrushev did job silently and smoothly, while he is 70+ and rich..
Shoigu had showed that he is visiting factories and at least kept schedule done....

Medvedev is popular in leading political party and Putin really does trust him + he is well educated and smart while usable when doesn't have vodka tour... days...
He sometimes had posted absolutely crazy stuff in social media when had used too much vodka...

Russia today had lost 1 Su-25 and 1 Ka-52 and there is time for day to end.. .
While signs are bad for Ukraine: Russia increased pressure at any cost to do job ASAP.
There is stuff not only about Huelensky 😢 about support delays ( where he is correct ) but also Ukr responsibility to deliver military aid to dumbass etc region. We don't do this. We handle them toys and they should smoothly deliver them to frontline ....it isn't our job or task.

Also 2 years long propaganda " Ukr will run out of manpower , better to negotiate ( read surround ) is ... Kremlin's propaganda.
What might happen?
Incorporate Ukraine in Russia, mobilize ukrainians and for deUkrainization process send them to Poland. Poland isn't Ukraine, in 12 hours total mobilisation will be ordered and even the same Germany, not alone Chech Republic immediately will fill Poland with weapons and ammo Ukr can't dream to get. While a lot of German politicians will ASAP Rush ro France and hide in shelters...
Immediately.
Maybe till Spain. NATO air force actual headquarter for Europe is in Spain.

Back