International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V15

Oof. Yeah this war looks like it would really take its toll on people mentally.
It's mindboggling to think of the toll this war will take on all of Russian society, which was fucked up to begin with. There's a cascade of resultant issues Russia will be dealing with for generations, no matter the outcome of their idiocy in Ukraine.

Sebastien wants to re schedule ( read increase ) def budget in France. Macron told that he will schedule budget comitee to prepare papers for voting in Senate in order to increase def budget. Papers most likely will be ready after 6 months....maybe after 12 months.

Oof. Yeah this war looks like it would really take its toll on people mentally.

Especially when you're sending cannibals and serial-killers into a warzone where you told them to go crazy and now, they're coming home...

Last edited:
Just saw this, found it kind of interesting. Does it sound true that Ukraine is actually using 100k/drones a month?

Not doubting it at all cause I am not too familiar with military gear and their costs. But thought it was pretty cool
If true.

Doesn’t or at least weren’t Iran giving Russia a bunch of drones too? I wonder how those numbers compare

Plus they, Russia, have radio jammers for drones, but they aren’t working well.

Just saw this, found it kind of interesting. Does it sound true that Ukraine is actually using 100k/drones a month?

Not doubting it at all cause I am not too familiar with military gear and their costs. But thought it was pretty cool
If true.

Doesn’t or at least weren’t Iran giving Russia a bunch of drones too? I wonder how those numbers compare

Yeah, Ukraine are using a lot of FPV drones strapped with explosives like this one.

They are getting crowdfunded like crazy and it's really easy to donate money for drone purchases.

Human Rights Watch: Russian Soldiers Have Reportedly Killed at Least 15 Ukrainian Soldiers Who Surrendered Since December​

AA1o8RaW.img

"Russians execute at least 15 Ukrainian (Credits: RFE/RL)
The Prosecutor General’s Office in Ukraine announced on April 9 that they had initiated 27 investigations into Russian executions involving 54 Ukrainian prisoners of war (POWs).

Yurii Bielousov, the Head of the Department for Combating Crimes Committed during the Armed Conflict, emphasized that accountability should extend beyond just Russian unit commanders to encompass the highest military and political leadership of the Russian Federation, as these actions reflect a broader policy.

HRW confirms execution of Ukrainian soldiers (Credits: RFE/RL)
Reports from the Human Rights Monitoring Mission in Ukraine (HRMMU) corroborate the pattern of Russian executions of Ukrainian POWs.

A report spanning from February to July 2023 documented six such cases, while a follow-up report published in March 2024, covering the period from December to February, identified an additional 12 instances of Russians executing Ukrainian prisoners of war.

These acts are part of a broader pattern of violations of international humanitarian law by Russia in Ukraine since the outset of the full-scale invasion. According to Andrii Kostin, the Prosecutor General of Ukraine, as of March 29, they have documented a staggering 124,000 Russian war crimes in the region."

This is how you get Ukraine to fight until the last person. If you surrender, the scumbag soldiers will probably kill you anyway.

Yeah, Ukraine are using a lot of FPV drones strapped with explosives like this one.

They are getting crowdfunded like crazy and it's really easy to donate money for drone purchases.

Wow, that crowd sourcing certainly is cool, especially as many including me are against the funding from the US (not that I want to discuss that here), but still very cool.

Future of warfare is pretty crazy tho, considering I also saw an article this morning about first AI controlled fighter jet? Imagine sending in 100k AI drones lol. Attach some machine guns to them or something

If true.

Im not sure about 100k drones but they are number 2 cause of casualties after artillery fire for most of conflict for both sides

Heres a story related to them

One of our volunteers was squad leader and sometimes replacement company commander when main one was busy in ukr foreign legion back in 22

One day he was in battallion HQ discussing how heavy his sector will be when ukrainian anti-air officer hands him radar readings and his entire sector is covered by red dots (drones)

That guy had some stories lol was interesting since he was in leadership position so he had a bit different view on things

Im not sure about 100k drones but they are number 2 cause of casualties after artillery fire for most of conflict for both sides

Heres a story related to them

One of our volunteers was squad leader and sometimes replacement company commander when main one was busy in ukr foreign legion back in 22

One day he was in battallion HQ discussing how heavy his sector will be when ukrainian anti-air officer hands him radar readings and his entire sector is covered by red dots (drones)

That guy had some stories lol was interesting since he was in leadership position so he had a bit different stories

Even if half of 100k, still crazy to think about. I just checked and Iran sent only 300 drones to Israel, which if they did every day, would be 9k/month.

Not sure if the Iran drones are comparable to Ukraine's. I did laugh at how slow Iran’s were, and they basically telegraphed their punch.

Really makes Iran look like paper tiger pussies lol

Wow, that crowd sourcing certainly is cool, especially as many including me are against the funding from the US (not that I want to discuss that here), but still very cool.

Future of warfare is pretty crazy tho, considering I also saw an article this morning about first AI controlled fighter jet? Imagine sending in 100k AI drones lol. Attach some machine guns to them or something
What should be no surprise to people who like me been following Ukraine for sometime before the war they are full of scientists and engineers. One aspect that Putin pretty much never talks about is how they developed the largest plane ever flown the Ukrainian Dream to carry Russia's space shuttle. They are working on Turkey's 5th generation fighter jet engines pretty much thanking Turkish President for aiding Ukraine. They are working with Turkey on a number of drone projects. Give them the tools they will make it work.

If true.

Don't know about 100k per month but domestic drone production far outstrips outside donations for both sides.

Iran's drones will be paltry in number to how many Russia has churned out.

Nobody realized the scale they'd be used at.

Even if half of 100k, still crazy to think about. I just checked and Iran sent only 300 drones to Israel, which if they did every day, would be 9k/month.

Not sure if the Iran drones are comparable to Ukraine's. I did laugh at how slow Iran’s were, and they basically telegraphed their punch.

Really makes Iran look like paper tiger pussies lol
Iran sent missiles as well.

They actually telegraphed their punch. Gave everyone the heads up so they could send something that looked like they weren't a joke but didn't drag them into a war with the west either.

<lol> <lol> <lol>

Where those Russia economy stronger clowns now?
They are clowns and dreamers. Russia had managed to f***k relationships with their best commodities sales market in Europe ....
Not only this, they managed to boost investments in renewables .....also a lot of countries might decorate Putin with 🥉 like best our commodities sales managed....best NATO recruited.

When In 2022 th trolls and propagandists promised to freeze europe till death ....they didn't get reality: Europe pumped in renewables 133 b....and therefore it will not be possible to sell Europe previous ammounts of natural gas....
Also these deliveries contracts with other suppliers...are long term contracts and not easy to change ....

There also is stuff that russians yet didn't had tasted real war expenses.
When they were able to use a lot of USSR era shells, missiles and mines....it had costed them just transport expenses and they even get bonus: more free place in warehouses.

When new stuff is manufactured...these are real expenses should be paid ....and this moment soon will came....

Back