running shoes

Fenderson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good all purpose running shoe? I run track, hills, pavement, grass. I just want a comfy shoe thats cost effective and durable.

Ive always gone with Aesics, but id love some advice/feedback from experianced runners.

thanks

You should go to a real running store and have them help you find a shoe that's right for you. Different people have different needs and issues to address when it comes to choosing running shoes so what works for one person may not work for you.

My advice is don't listen to anybody here who tells you what shoes to buy, go to a shop and get the right shoes FOR YOU.

I'll add that I've been running consistently for over 20 years and still get in 40-60 mile weeks regularly.

You should go to a real running store and have them help you find a shoe that's right for you. Different people have different needs and issues to address when it comes to choosing running shoes so what works for one person may not work for you.

My advice is don't listen to anybody here who tells you what shoes to buy, go to a shop and get the right shoes FOR YOU.

Don't follow this advice. Buy anything and everything Nike. They are the best running shoes ever made.

In all seriousness, I could've sworn this topic just came up not too long ago in the threads:

http://cdn.forums.sherdog.com/forums/f16/recommend-me-good-running-shoe-3057685/

I prefer the barefoot run...so I like to wear vibrams to run... However they're not for everyone....but I couldnt go back to running in cushioned shoes

I run track, hills, pavement, grass.

You're probably gonna need 2-3 pairs and types of shoe for each surface

try on a pair of adidas pure boots. Thank me later

try on a pair of adidas pure boots. Thank me later

For the worst advice ever? Who runs in boots?

Adidas boosts are good from what I hear. Salespeople are interesting. Found out that after I got my running form tested, that the sales guy gets a free pair of Brooks for every 10 pairs he sold. He recommended I buy Brooks, which I did, and I do like them. Only legit run specific shoe I've ever bought. They were the adrenaline gts. Good shoe.

Just got Gel Nimbus series 17 and couldn't recommend them enough. Although as someone posted on here before it really depends on what shoe best works for you.

In the end everyone will have their personal favorite shoes and brands, especially due to the fact that we all have different shaped feet. For example I have very narrow feet so Nike shoes fit me well, but I cannot wear anything made by Puma. Your best bet is to go to a sporting goods store and purchase a pair that fits you really well and go from there. I personally use a pair of Nike Lunar Gato's (yes an indoor soccer shoe) for running as the fit is perfect for me and I run mostly on a track.

For the worst advice ever? Who runs in boots?

Adidas boosts are good from what I hear. Salespeople are interesting. Found out that after I got my running form tested, that the sales guy gets a free pair of Brooks for every 10 pairs he sold. He recommended I buy Brooks, which I did, and I do like them. Only legit run specific shoe I've ever bought. They were the adrenaline gts. Good shoe.

I think he meant pure boost

I think he meant pure boost

Yeah I did. If you have enough for ultra boosts then get those. I have both ultra boosts and pure boosts. I do daily activities like walking the dog or whatever in my pure's and run in my ultras.

Yeah I did. If you have enough for ultra boosts then get those. I have both ultra boosts and pure boosts. I do daily activities like walking the dog or whatever in my pure's and run in my ultras.

That was my sad attempt to be funny, I know.

On a side note, Hagler ran in boots, on the beach. Badass.

Anybody telling you anything other than to find what works for you is giving you horrible advice.

People have different mechanics that need to be addressed....or just go buy what looks cool and quit running a few weeks later because your shins, hips, knees and feet are hurting.

Yo, which shoes you all rocking now, and how do you like?

For the last 6-7 years, I have been using Nike Free Runs. I need new shoes, but when I searched Amazon,t he selection of free runs left a lot to be desired. I see a lot of other Nike models out there, but there is such a wide price range for them, and conflicting reviews.

Before free runs, I used ASICS Nymbus and Columnus (sp?) shoes.

I do 3-8 miles 5 days a week or so. Any suggestions?

edit: and free runs were much better for my feet than the ASICS.

Yo, which shoes you all rocking now, and how do you like?

For the last 6-7 years, I have been using Nike Free Runs. I need new shoes, but when I searched Amazon,t he selection of free runs left a lot to be desired. I see a lot of other Nike models out there, but there is such a wide price range for them, and conflicting reviews.

Before free runs, I used ASICS Nymbus and Columnus (sp?) shoes.

I do 3-8 miles 5 days a week or so. Any suggestions?

edit: and free runs were much better for my feet than the ASICS.
My advice would be to find out what kind of running shoe your Nike Free Runs were (neutral, stability, or motion control) and get a similar type of shoe from Nike or Asics or whatever brand. It all depends on your gait and foot type. Also, I would go to Amazon and look at the reviews for running shoes that you like and see what other people mention in the comments (falling in the same category of running shoe type).

Alternatively, you could go to a running shoe store and have them help you.

Hope that helps...

Back