RUMOR - Kathleen Kennedy FIRED from Star Wars!

I don’t think they would fire her

More likely scenario would be she steps down

Angry-Cat-Meme-Blank-14.jpg

GOOD.

But, if the rumor is confirmed to be true - there's also a rumor Kennedy will be able to hand-pick her successor, and that would be Kiri Hart.

maxresdefault.jpg

Thoughts?

For the love of fucking good God! They're gonna fire one hack just to let said hack hand pick her own replacement?! And that could possibly be Kiri Hart?

giphy.gif

Disney. What the fuck are you doing?!

I feel like this is too good to be true. I figured she'd get at least until Episode 9 before that kind of decision was made. She's a complete mess. Fires multiple directors, pumps out Star Wars movies like they're Call of Duty, gives Rian Johnson a trilogy before that POS TLJ came out. Fans are sick of it and it's shown with the TLJ dropoff from TFA and the Solo bomb. Even worse is the lashing out at the customers. People like me that have dished out thousands on movies, games, toys, etc since I was a kid and don't like being insulted for disliking a hot pile of garbage. The politics of it is annoying too but not as bad as the inconsistencies, character assassinations, the discount store marvel vibe, poorly written new characters, and the bad storytelling and uninspired plots.

Star Wars needs to be in better creative hands, they need to stop milking it to death, and Rian Johnson needs to be a footnote in SW history. Right now the only Star Wars I look forward to is anything Dave Filoni is involved in. The EA games suck as do the new movies thus far. I have zero interest in seeing any new SW movie in the theater anymore.

They need to get some of the major players behind the EU and let them be in charge of Lucasfilm. People who truly love the franchise and know it inside and out. Not some no-talent hack whose only goal is to push a political agenda and shit on the lifelong fans.

I think you're using a bit of a floating definition of failure, and of SJW shit. Consider that the four movies you listed grossed like 3.5 billion dollars, and the alternative you named is modestly successful on the much smaller scale of comic sales, wouldn't the things you've mentioned either not all be SJW bullshit, or prove pretty definitively that SJW shit doesn't always fail?

As has been pointed out, TLJ made $700M less than TFA and had the biggest second week drop ever. Bad word of mouth killed it's potential. Now we're four movies in and we have our first bomb because people have e given up giving them more chances.

$3.5B sounds like an OK return on that $4b investment but box office doesn't = profit. The movie theatres take half of that in the states and waaay more of it in places like China.

Make no mistake Disney is waaaay back from where they could be right now if they had just focused on making movies instead of shaping young minds.

Now the good will is gone and the movies will likely gross less and less as we go forward. Rogue One was the last one I saw in theatres but to be fair, I don't have much interest in Star Wars.

If it took someone like me 2 movies to lost interest, it will take hardcores more. But it sounds like it took them just 4 outings to lose the general public's interest.

They have fucked this up. There's no way around it.

So, I have to ask... The forum is largely in agreement that firing the woman running the studio that produced the highest grossing movie ever is a great idea, mainly because people here dislike creative decisions she OK'd? I'm seeing phrases like "incapable of doing her job" dropped here but, again - highest grossing movie ever. By what metric is she a colossal failure deserving of losing her job?

Just looking at some numbers, a movie that this forum would have you believe was universally hated in The Last Jedi grossed damn near 2x what Thor: Ragnarok did domestically. Is this all because Solo isn't doing well?

These movies have much bigger markets to make money than in the 70's and 80's and even the 2000s for the prequels. Could be doing much, MUCH better.

Even movies like Warcraft have such followings in Asia that they basically make a movie for their Chinese and Korean fans. Starwars has exponentially bigger fan base world wide.

If they had a new LOTR trilogy come out, that took place after they destroyed the ring and whatnot, and had some of the cast come back, they would probably double the record set by TFA. The Hobbit kind of ruined that potential by making one book into 3 movies and pissing off some people, similar to what Starwars has been doing.

238419_1.jpg

Anyone care to eat crow for bitching about the prequels?

Anyone have kids or heard of kids that started watching Star Wars at episode 1??

238419_1.jpg

Don't have to. I thought the prequels were decent, outside of a few things. They just tried to do so much with how vast the SW universe is, and it is hard for a lot of people to follow. I played a lot of games and read a lot of books/comics, and appreciate subtle things they did to convey the universe on film.

Have disliked TFA and TLJ. First books/movies/games from the universe I actually thought were bad.

Thought Rogue One was OK, but missed the mark. Lot of potential they missed out on.

These movies have much bigger markets to make money than in the 70's and 80's and even the 2000s for the prequels. Could be doing much, MUCH better.

Even movies like Warcraft have such followings in Asia that they basically make a movie for their Chinese and Korean fans. Starwars has exponentially bigger fan base world wide.

If they had a new LOTR trilogy come out, that took place after they destroyed the ring and whatnot, and had some of the cast come back, they would probably double the record set by TFA. The Hobbit kind of ruined that potential by making one book into 3 movies and pissing off some people, similar to what Starwars has been doing.

"Could be doing much MUCH better" as literally no contemporary movies are actually doing better than the first one, and the second one is a heavy hitter in the pack of "biggest movies of the past ten years"...

Basically, the expectation set for this woman is that she must repeatedly oversee movies that don't just get in the upper echelons or outright do better than everything else out on the market now - she must be responsible for movies that utterly decimate everything else on the market. She must also do so repeatedly. It's easy to call someone a failure and incompetent when you set a far, far higher standard for them than literally anyone else. To put this in perspective, a movie that Marvel Studios spent ten years laying the groundwork for in Infinity Wars may only *barely* out touch The Force Awakens for total ticket sales when its run is done, if it does at all. That's ten years of building anticipation to match her first movie overseeing Lucasfilms. Something tells me you aren't going into threads about that and saying "Well, Infinity War has done terribly - we need to fire the people responsible."....

I don't generally like to pull the sexism card, but I can't help but believe that - in part, given the blatant misogyny I've seen in this thread (looking at the multiply liked post #90) - that there is some legitimate feeling of being threatened by a woman who is very successful and doing so in a way that doesn't conform to how many of you feel she should be. Now, cue the white-knight meme defense mechanism..

Last edited:
Don't have to. I thought the prequels were decent, outside of a few things. They just tried to do so much with how vast the SW universe is, and it is hard for a lot of people to follow. I played a lot of games and read a lot of books/comics, and appreciate subtle things they did to convey the universe on film.

Have disliked TFA and TLJ. First books/movies/games from the universe I actually thought were bad.

Thought Rogue One was OK, but missed the mark. Lot of potential they missed out on.
Of the Lucas movies, I considered Return of the Jedi to be the biggest diasappointment.

Lowered expectations helped me to enjoy Phantom Menace.

Anyone have kids or heard of kids that started watching Star Wars at episode 1??

My 3 younger brothers did. They liked them a lot at the time, but those movies were pretty kid friendly outside ROTS. All 3 hated TLJ.

One of the things about the prequels. They are action movies that everyone knows what will happen for the most part. That's not good. Also, Lucas started with "A New Hope" episode four b/c he knew that would be the best story. He already had some of the ideas--not all- for the prequels already before episode 4

Last edited:
238419_1.jpg

Nope. The prequels are still far, far worse. Although, I haven't seen TLJ yet. Maybe that one is just as bad.

Of the Lucas movies, I considered Return of the Jedi to be the biggest diasappointment.

Lowered expectations helped me to enjoy Phantom Menace.

Was it the Ewoks and the kinda anti climactic end of the Emperor?

I’ve read this won’t happen until September.

Honestly I think this is one of the reasons Bob Iger hasn’t retired yet, something he plans to do in the coming year.

I’m gonna be a full blown sexist and say NO to Hart and that they should put a man in who loves Star Wars as the main creative leader.

Back